Aimblack

Why does nobody like ken wilber on here ?

13 posts in this topic

Like seriously he never gets mentioned on here. If there is a practice that would best fit the actualized.org style I would argue that it is the integral life practice created by Ken. I wouldn't be surprised that when Leo devises his own framework in like 30 years it would mainly extend ILP by accounting for psychedelics.

I am going to read no boundary after my current book. I would also like to know anyone's opinion on Ken Wilber' philosophy. 

A more interesting question is, What does Ken Wilber think about your ideas?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Leo recommended him in his blog. He also recommended Vernon Howard which made me realize where Leo gets some of his insights, awesome super underrated teacher. 

8 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

Leo recommended him in his blog. He also recommended Vernon Howard which made me realize where Leo gets some of his insights, awesome super underrated teacher. 

Yea the last spiral dynamics video also took Ken's framework as a foundation.

8 hours ago, omTom said:

This quote of his gets me every time. From his book Integral Psychology

"In the deepest within, the most infinite beyond. In ever-present awareness, your soul expands to embrace the entire Kosmos, so that Spirit alone remains, as the simple world of what is. The rain no longer falls on you, but within you; the sun shines from inside your heart and radiates out into the world, blessing it with grace; supernovas swirl in your consciousness, the thunder is the sound of your own exhilarated heart; the oceans and rivers are nothing but your blood pulsing to the rhythm of your soul. Infinitely ascended worlds of light dance in the interior of your brain; infinitely descended worlds of night cascade around your feet; the clouds crawl across the sky of your own unfettered mind, while the wind blows through the empty space where your self once used to be. The sound of the rain falling on the roof is the only self you can find, here in the obvious world of crystalline one taste, where inner and outer are silly fictions and self and other are obscene lies, and ever-present simplicity is the sounds of one hand clapping madly for all eternity. In the greatest depth, the simplest what is, and the journey ends, as it always does, exactly where it began."

The thing I deeply admire him for is the effortless ability to switch from poetic spiritual language to very nuanced and clear scientific language or something in between.

9 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Wow, I was just following some synchronicities which led me to look up Ken Wilber. And after doing that, I checked this forum, and immediately saw this thread on top. Incredible.

I'm not one to believe in that kind of stuff but recently stuff like that has also been happening more and more in my life it's actually pretty creepy.

9 hours ago, MikeB said:

I am going to read no boundary after my current book. I would also like to know anyone's opinion on Ken Wilber' philosophy. 

I'm not too familiar with his philosophy because I was mostly focusing on his integral view on spirituality and such but I think I should change that.

9 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

A more interesting question is, What does Ken Wilber think about your ideas?

What ideas? All of them? I don't think that is interesting at all because the answer is obvious..He would probably say something along the lines of:" It's a big step to take on ILP but you are just at the starting line with decades of work left to do." 

11 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Wow, I was just following some synchronicities which led me to look up Ken Wilber. And after doing that, I checked this forum, and immediately saw this thread on top. Incredible.

Lol. My sweet, summer child...

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@Mikael89 It will only be hardship if you're resistant to them. I meant that phrase only from the perspective that you're not aware of how deep the rabbit hole goes... Although depth in the 3 dimensional sense is quite a counterproductive way to think of it. 

There's nothing I could say to help you in that pursuit, just be curious and open, if you want. Start inquiring into the nature of synchronicity. When you bring more consciousness to them, they will start to explode as if fate had slapped you in the face.

Good luck!

Sent from my iEgo

Hes cool! But his ideas are too Yellow for me, Im not quite at that level yet.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Mikael89 I apologize if you already are, for some reason I assumed you were just discovering them or something. I really don't know why I assumed that. 

Sent from my iEgo

I think few people know him because he doesn't really have a YouTube presence. If you want to popularize him, start sharing this video, actualized.org will love it :D : 

@Barna It seems you have just proven your point, I haven't seen that video before :D :D I haven't seen him talk about psychedelic at all until now, thanks man! 

You're welcome.

I haven't heard about him before, I just did a YouTube search after I saw this thread. I like his style and approach so I already bought one of his audio course. Thank you for mentioning him here! :)