Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,796 posts in this topic

No problem. I understand.

I corrected my post,,,, spray bottle of bleach water.. ?‍♂️?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Keyhole  I’ve heard Coca Cola with all of its acidity makes a fairly decent toilet bowl cleaner! 
On the subject of ants, Our local pastures have become infested with army ants in the last10 -15 years. I used to see the giant ant mounds in northern Louisiana but like the armadillos they migrated north over time. I’ve heard some refer to the armadillo as a sport model opossum. ?

@tsuki To make sure we’re on the same page. Let me relate my understanding of what essential aspects are or what my usage of the term is. In short, ‘flavors’ of being or maybe flavors of presence. Hence, aspects of being or presence or aspects of essence
A couple of excerpts from the Ridhwan glossary to fill in some gaps.=

Although Essence is One, the Same Substance, It has Many Varieties, Many Qualities

But we must use concepts if we are going to communicate verbally. One important concept that we have been using without clarification is that of essential aspects—that essence has many aspects, not just one quality. As we have seen, essential substance has precise and definite physical characteristics. In fact, it can be described in terms of color, taste, texture, transparency, density, luminosity, viscosity, and so on. Variations in these give rise to different aspects of essence, which have different psychological significance. So although essence is one, the same substance, it has many varieties, many qualities. These are aspects of essence. This is true for both the baby and the adult. The aspect of truth is not the same as the aspect of love, and this is not the same as the aspect of will, and so on. They are all essence, and clearly so for the one who knows, but they are experienced differently and affect us differently.  

Essence with the Elixir of Enlightenment, pg. 78

As the Dynamism Takes the Soul Into new Realms, Our Being Reveals many Pure Qualities which I have Called Essential Aspects

As the dynamism takes the soul into new realms, our Being reveals many pure qualities, which I have called essential aspects. It displays the quality of Love, the quality of Clarity, the quality of Strength, the quality of Peace, the quality of Truth, the quality of Contentment, the quality of Spaciousness, the quality of Existence, the quality of Passion, and so on. These qualities are elements from the beyond, from the unseen world, and our conventional wisdom cannot fathom them, can’t really see or discern their meaning, function, or usefulness. So how can we discern what these essential qualities are? We need to recognize what they mean; we need to understand how they are related to our conventional experience and how they can optimize our lives. For this, we need a vehicle of understanding—a source of discrimination and knowledge—that originates from the same or a deeper dimension than the one these qualities come from. The specific guidance that makes this possible is what I call the Diamond Guidance. The Diamond Guidance is itself a pure manifestation of our Being, which is necessary for it to be able to guide us in the essential dimension. Our Being not only displays its richness, it also provides us with the capacity to comprehend, appreciate, and integrate that richness. Without this discrimination, we are only able to approach this richness as candy. We don’t understand the significance of the richness, that it is really part of our inner nature, so we just want more and more of the candy—these things that taste sweet and wonderful but are separate from who we are. 

Spacecruiser Inquiry, pg. 211

With this usage of the term essential aspects, I don’t see a common ground specific to Rednecks. Other commonalities come to mind though. Blue collar or no collar workers. Before the majority of tractors had cabs, this condition was present among most tractor operators. Also generally, no formal higher education. There are self taught or egg headed nerd rednecks like me, though. When I think of rednecks, in my mind, the southern United States and moreover the rural areas are where rednecks would be most numerous.

A cousin of mine returned from a college class one day a few years ago and informed me that redneck was a political term. He was studying to become a lawyer. I think I replied something like yeah, whatever,,,

@Keyhole  It would make a cool basket but I bet it would take a long time to get the stink out of it. 
Did you know that Armadillos are the only other animals besides humans to host the leprosy bacillus. In 2011, the New England Journal of Medicine published an article formally linking the creature to human leprosy cases—people and armadillos tested in the study both shared the same exact strain of the disease. 

13 hours ago, tsuki said:

@Zigzag Idiot What do you think is the essential quality of being a redneck?

@tsuki Just now I was scanning the posts and realized I projected somewhat.

You wrote “essential quality” and I replied misquoting your question with the term essential aspects.

Excuse me, I read it as that this morning and pondered it much of the day without rereading the question and catching my mistake.

Eliminate Anger at the Source
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2021 Dr. Jim Rosen

We each need to feel important and worthwhile.  If someone you care about is trying to control you or is disapproving of your lifestyle, then it can feel like your self-importance and self-worth are being taken away – like you’re being robbed of your self.  This happens because you’re depending on other people, instead of depending on yourself, for your own self-esteem.  So you're going to get hurt and angry.  By lashing out with anger, you are attempting to push away the other person’s control and regain your self-esteem.  The anger gives you a feeling of control in a situation where you think you lack it.  But your anger provides nothing more than a false sense of control.  It’s an illusion.  It’s not the anger or the striking back that give you strength.  Your true self-esteem is grounded in your ability to choose how you're going to respond in any given situation.  Instead of caving in to their disapproval and their attempts to control you, you must become more assertive.  You must become your own boss.  You become the one who makes the choices that feel right inside of you.  And then you must stand by your choices with appropriate action.  In this manner, you build your own strength.  And the hurt and anger begin to melt away.  And you begin to gain in stature.   

I piped up on the forum with a little finger waving preachiness. I meant to exclude tsuki from my preachiness, as he had posted comments on the thread,  but I got interrupted and then forgot about it till now. I think he knows I was trying to be halfway humorous. Hope so anyway. Expressing humor in type is often a tall order. Especially if you've sometimes have a strange orq quirky sense of humor.

My I pad is acting up often the last few days and so I have to fall back on my android or I Phone.

There was something else that I was going to bring up but I forgot what it was.

Hey @Alex bAlex long time no see or read,,,, Hope all is well.

@Aquariusim still curious  what spoken Romanian sounds like. Just in case it’s handy in one of your YouTubes.

23 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I meant to exclude tsuki from my preachiness, as he had posted comments on the thread,  but I got interrupted and then forgot about it till now. I think he knows I was trying to be halfway humorous.

I appreciate that you posted this because my inner critic decided to wipe his ass with your post and smear it all over my face. Thankfully, I was able to see that and I took no offense in what you wrote.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

I’ve been sequestered off in the nervous hospital incommunicado.

Jeez what a trip it’s been the last 8 days

@Zigzag Idiot You ok? Happy to talk if you want at any point. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Zigzag Idiot You ok? Happy to talk if you want at any point. 

I’m okay.

Thank you for the support @mandyjw . Might pm you here sometime later. It’s been a crazy week,

I’ll try to elaborate as the day goes on about my confession. I started this journal with the intention of being authentic and maybe sharing things that might be of help to others. I’m pretty sure my habit was revealed to many because a part of it was hooked to my blind spot. That thing where other people can see what’s going on with me better than I can see it myself. There were a few hints put out by a few that I’m pretty sure wasn’t projections of interpretation on my part but a part of me just didn’t want to deal with the issue.

@Zigzag Idiot Hope you're doing well my friend. ?

A good psychedelic trip can often help resolve any issues if they've become too much of a problem. 

And lastly, what would love do? ;) 

Thanks @fridjonk I agree with the perspective that a psychedelic trip can help show one answers to problems or maybe put a stick in the spokes of an ongoing habit or an addiction if approached in a sincere way, Unfortunately most of the cultures around the world with a center of gravity in the first tier of Spiral Dynamics just lump it all into one pile labeled drugs. Very dualistically labeled as good or bad and right or wrong.

Drugs are bad, Mmkay,

excuse me, Couldn’t resist.

@fridjonk Thanks also for the Matt Kahn video. I’ve never seen this one. I’m about 12 minutes into it,,,,

Mckenna talking about the alien other reminds me of Castenada mentioning and description of the inorganic beings who were to him, so terrifying,,,

THE INORGANIC BEINGS ~

“THE OLD SHAMANS DISCOVERED THAT THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IS COMPOSED OF TWIN FORCES, FORCES THAT ARE AT THE SAME TIME OPPOSED AND COMPLEMENTARY TO EACH OTHER. IT IS INESCAPABLE THAT OUR WORLD IS A TWIN WORLD. ITS OPPOSITE AND COMPLEMENTARY WORLD IS ONE POPULATED BY BEINGS THAT HAVE AWARENESS, BUT NOT AN ORGANISM. FOR THIS REASON, THE OLD SHAMANS CALLED THEM INORGANIC BEINGS.
I TOLD YOU THAT IT’S OUR TWIN WORLD, SO IT’S INTIMATELY RELATED TO US. THE SORCERERS OF ANCIENT MEXICO DIDN’T THINK LIKE MOST DO IN TERMS OF SPACE AND TIME. THEY THOUGHT EXCLUSIVELY IN TERMS OF AWARENESS. TWO TYPES OF AWARENESS COEXIST WITHOUT EVER IMPINGING ON EACH OTHER, BECAUSE EACH TYPE IS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER. THE OLD SHAMANS FACED THIS PROBLEM OF COEXISTENCE WITHOUT CONCERNING THEMSELVES WITH TIME AND SPACE. THEY REASONED THAT THE DEGREE OF AWARENESS OF ORGANIC BEINGS AND THE DEGREE OF AWARENESS OF INORGANIC BEINGS WERE SO DIFFERENT THAT BOTH COULD COEXIST WITH THE MOST MINIMAL INTERFERENCE. “

“THE INORGANIC BEINGS WHO POPULATE OUR TWIN WORLD ARE CONSIDERED, BY THE SORCERERS OF OUR LINEAGE, TO BE OUR RELATIVES. THOSE SHAMANS BELIEVED THAT IT WAS FUTILE TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH OUR FAMILY MEMBERS BECAUSE THE DEMANDS LEVIED ON US FOR SUCH FRIENDSHIPS ARE ALWAYS EXORBITANT. THAT TYPE OF INORGANIC BEING, WHO ARE OUR FIRST COUSINS, COMMUNICATE WITH US INCESSANTLY, BUT THEIR COMMUNICATION WITH US IS NOT AT THE LEVEL OF CONSCIOUS AWARENESS. IN OTHER WORDS, WE KNOW ALL ABOUT THEM IN A SUBLIMINAL WAY, WHILE THEY KNOW ALL ABOUT US IN A DELIBERATE, CONSCIOUS MANNER.
THE ENERGY FROM OUR FIRST COUSINS IS A DRAG! THEY ARE AS MESSED UP AS WE ARE. LET’S SAY THAT THE ORGANIC AND INORGANIC BEINGS OF OUR TWIN WORLDS ARE THE CHILDREN OF TWO SISTERS WHO LIVE NEXT DOOR TO EACH OTHER. THEY ARE EXACTLY ALIKE ALTHOUGH THEY LOOK DIFFERENT. THEY CANNOT HELP US, AND WE CANNOT HELP THEM. PERHAPS WE COULD JOIN TOGETHER, AND MAKE A FABULOUS FAMILY BUSINESS CORPORATION, BUT THAT HASN’T HAPPENED. BOTH BRANCHES OF THE FAMILY ARE EXTREMELY TOUCHY AND TAKE OFFENCE OVER NOTHING, A TYPICAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TOUCHY FIRST COUSINS. THE CRUX OF THE MATTER, THE SORCERERS OF ANCIENT MEXICO BELIEVED, IS THAT BOTH HUMAN BEINGS AND INORGANIC BEINGS FROM THE TWIN WORLDS ARE PROFOUND EGOMANIACS.
ANOTHER CLASSIFICATION THAT THE SORCERERS OF ANCIENT MEXICO MADE OF THE INORGANIC BEINGS WAS THAT OF SCOUTS, OR EXPLORERS; THAT IS, THE INORGANIC BEINGS THAT COME FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE UNIVERSE, AND WHICH ARE POSSESSORS OF AWARENESS INFINITELY SHARPER AND FASTER THAN THAT OF HUMAN BEINGS. THE OLD SORCERERS SPENT GENERATIONS POLISHING THEIR CLASSIFICATION SCHEMES, AND THEIR CONCLUSIONS WERE THAT CERTAIN TYPES OF INORGANIC BEINGS FROM THE CATEGORY OF SCOUTS OR EXPLORERS, BECAUSE OF THEIR VIVACIOUSNESS, WERE AKIN TO MAN. THEY COULD MAKE LIAISONS AND ESTABLISH A SYMBIOTIC RELATION WITH MEN. THE OLD SORCERERS CALLED THESE KINDS OF INORGANIC BEINGS THE ALLIES.”

“THE CRUCIAL MISTAKE OF THOSE SHAMANS WITH REFERENCE TO THIS TYPE OF INORGANIC BEING WAS TO ATTRIBUTE HUMAN CHARACTERISTICS TO THAT IMPERSONAL ENERGY AND TO BELIEVE THAT THEY COULD HARNESS IT. THEY THOUGHT OF THOSE BLOCKS OF ENERGY AS THEIR HELPERS, AND THEY RELIED ON THEM WITHOUT COMPREHENDING THAT, BEING PURE ENERGY, THEY DIDN’T HAVE THE POWER TO SUSTAIN ANY EFFORT.
I’VE TOLD YOU ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT INORGANIC BEINGS. THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN PUT THIS TO THE TEST IS BY MEANS OF DIRECT EXPERIENCE.”

EXTRACT FROM “THE ACTIVE SIDE OF INFINITY” BY CARLOS CASTANEDA

Hahahahaha! I love you man! Glad to see you back!

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Thanks @tsuki It feels good to be back.?‍♂️

Being a human being

In the New Testament Jesus is reported to have spoken about the necessity in “having your being.”

Im going to now just throw out some stuff that comes to mind which is an ironic way of phrasing it.

To have your being means there’s no worry about what other people are thinking because you realize that too much thinking is a disease. This disease is called neurosis.

If you’ve always been an avid reader you might come to a point where your reading habits slow down a great deal because the more being you have the less driven you are to read all the time or having great concern about politics, sports, cultural trends, accounting, anticipating your next sexual encounter, endangered species, the thickness of Antarctica’s ice shelf, self conscious worry about any thing at all or impressing others.

You get the idea. It could become a long list. Possibly a shorter list if sweeping all consuming generalities were used. This brings to mind Nissargadatta’s statement about enlightened awareness, he reportedly said,  “Nothing is wrong anymore”.

To me that would add up as something that a person with a high degree of being would say.

7 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Thanks @tsuki It feels good to be back.?‍♂️

Are you ok? If you ever feel like sharing more of your adventure to someone that will not disbelieve it, I'm all ears.