Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,796 posts in this topic

Can a person curse and still not be expressing negative emotions? Maybe,,,,, That kind of implies the presence of cynicism, though.. To me, cynicism is definitely a  negative emotion. Not blatantly but still definitely negative. In culture it's often considered a form of cool. A form of defense mechanism and also a blindspot of mine for a number of years.  I eventually recognized an inner feeling of vague filth after the fact. To this day I still fail at times but sometimes I can say something which sounds horrible yet feel truly light-hearted. Which could also describe a psychopath. 

Actually In the Science if Idiotism, the Genial Idiot, a station quite high on the ladder, has been referred to as a psychopath of sorts. 

I had a picture of some great correlating text but it seems I've used up all my allotted mb's for today. I'm not doing something right because I notice others posting a great number of pics. This gives me away probably as a technological Idiot which is not an official station of Idiocy. Perhaps I can find its coresponding Idiot, though. If there is one. I'll try to post the picture of text when possible. Maybe in a few hours. If anyone has any technological advice, I would appreciate it. If you're concerned I'll reply with something that  makes us both look foolish, you could play it safe and use private message. Thanks,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Continuation,,,

IMG_1510.JPG

taken from Bruno Martin's The Realized Idiot,  with his referencing Gurdjieff as G.

Undoing Errors in Judgement
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

Suppose you’ve been sick with a stomach virus and you’re still feeling weak.  But wishing you felt OK, you push yourself and get up and get out.  And then this lands you in bed again, but now with an even longer recovery time.  Or suppose you really like that car, but you can’t afford it.  And you buy it anyway, wishing and trying to make yourself sort of believe that you can afford it.  And now you’re burdened with payments that put an extra strain on you.  Or let’s suppose that your relationship with your mother has never been good.  You keep hoping it will magically turn around.  So you make another trip to see her and spend too much time with her.  And now you get to experience the distance and the disappointment yet again.

You appear to be suffering from a kind of MADness that psychologist Richard Kluft calls “Mental Alchemy Disorder.”  You are believing in magic when you respond to the way you wish things were instead of responding to the way things are.  This can lead to some pretty stressful and costly mistakes.

You may not like the way things are, but if you deal with what is, you put yourself in a place of peace by your acceptance.  And you release yourself from the consequences of yet another unfulfilled fantasy.  Your willingness to see it as it is enables you to deal directly with life events.  You are undoing an error in judgement.  You are expanding your abilities to focus your efforts and manage your life.

Cannabis and insomnia

+ LSD good and bad trips

I went to an Iridologist a few tears ago. In the conversation we had as she looked at my eyes and also did some kinesetic testing, I told her that I smoked Cannabis fairly regular. She said, "Oh, that stuff is good for stabilizing your blood sugar." I've never had any issues with my blood sugar, as far as I know. But for some reason her statement really stuck with me. I've never stoped to research if anyone else is saying this, though.

Being somewhat of an energetic person. Some might even call me a bit high strung at times. Using cannabis has helped me to offset some of that. Meditation did also after it became more established as a steady practice. As I've mentioned before with cannabis, using it played a role in my quitting Paxil, an SSRI.

My mother has had trouble with insomnia all her life. So I come by that honestly but not quite as severely as she has to deal with it. I attribute that to my use of Cannabis as well. She's way too uptight and conservative to even think about smoking some weed. If she did, I think it would really freak her out so much that she would never get over that hump to where it would start becoming beneficial. Long time smokers of cannabis will understand what I mean by this. 

I see this same issue with people trying psychedelics for the first time. A bad or unsettling type of trip can unnerve a person to where they can become so shaken to the core that not only will they abandon the idea of ever trying it again. The impact of this trauma can also be so overwhelming they may actually stop associating with anyone who does them and also their previous goals in Spiritual development. I believe this kind of backlash more easily comes about if they have an idea of what the trip we be like before with far flung notions of full of blissful transcendency. Or also if they begin a trip with a good deal of fear. 

Some of the more unpleasant LSD trips I've had has been where I've taken 100-200 ug. I'm more likely to resist it's coming on and then with the mind getting involved in the resistance, it will begin to start issuing thoughts which are more negative. That's why I'm a believer in taking a good stout dose of 500 ug or so. There's no resisting that. It just overwhelms you and with proper set and setting, next thing you know boundaries drop away. Then one just becomes childlike and full of wonder and often experiences subtle forms of things paranormal. Tripping with someone who is experienced and psychologically balanced, I believe also makes it possible to have a great trip instead of a nightmare trip.

Anyway, back to the point I was wanting to make in regard to insomnia and sleep deprivation. Cannabis for myself anyway, has had some good effects. An indica strain combined with reading on a book really does me good for the times I wake up and can't get back to sleep. Just as pronounced, if not moreso is when I find myself sleep deprived to the point that I feel super tired and my body is flushed and feels almost feverish. A good mixed indica/sativa strain will revive me in a sense but also get rid of that sensation in the body of it feeling flushed and feverish. Then I almost feel somewhat like I got more sleep than I actually had and then have a decent start on the day ahead.

Martin Butler talks about Schadenfreude.

Worry is praying to the devil - Terence McKenna 

My paper clip icon thingy has gone away which leaves me unable to finish adding the rest of the article about Esoteric Christianity in the forum. I’ll try to figure something out.

I went outside and was cutting and piling brush and got my eye poked by a limb. Built a fire and and was unable to fully enjoy it because my eye was hurting. Playing with fire most always cheers me up but not so much this evening. I’m thankful to still be able to see out of my left eye though.

Here’s Jim’s weekly mini-column-

The Strength of Dependence
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

The idea of independence can be taken too far.  The thought that you can be completely independent -- that you should be so strong within yourself, that you will not need other people for your self-worth or your happiness -- is a false teaching.  Total independence is not reality, and it’s not the true way to self-esteem and happiness.  If you never depend on another human being, you can never be complete.  Perhaps without realizing it, you are affected by other people’s thoughts, feelings and actions.  You are especially affected by those you’re closest to, in particular your partner or mate.  You can and should achieve some independence; in fact you have to in order to be a whole person, and stand on the two feet that God gave you.  But total independence is not a worthy goal.  It is a sign of strength for you and your partner or mate or friend to depend on one another. The deeper your love, the more you rely on each other for love, support and reassurance.  When you can do this for each other, you both grow stronger.  When you can’t, you hold each other back.

Just within the last couple of weeks the idea has came to me.

I haven't made a fool of myself in a big way. Should be any day now,,,, 

I put on my psychonaut helmet and tried some 3 meo pcp last night. 10 mg of that stuff insufflated will really grab you by the boo boo. Yeah, that's enough for me, thank you very much. It's classified as a dissociative like ketamine. The comedown was ok and today I felt nice but dissociatives are just not for me. I like the name Angeldust. It sounds friendlier although 3 meo pcp is probably not considered angeldust proper. Doesn't matter. I've about washed my hands of that stuff for good I think. Dissociatives, that is.

Still trying to figure out how to get Dwight's article on Esoteric Christianity posted in one piece. Wouldn't think it would be that difficult but for those who are onlooking, it's pretty easy to gauge my technological ineptitude. Still haven't a clue as to why or how my paper clip icon button at the bottom of the page has disappeared. I could use a technological guardian angel,,,,

Hey old timer,

Here's an image I am hosting on postimages.org :

260px-Boxer-of-Quirinal-Mys-from-Taranto

It seems pretty straightforward to use. Just upload a pic to the site, (like this screenshot I took of me uploading the above image), then select the DIRECT LINK option that I have emphasized and paste that into your journal.

Capture.jpg

Seems to work well enough, can't guarantee longevity as I haven't read about the hosting terms but these things aren't really a big deal as far as hosting is concerned, usually.

Edited by MuadDib

Thanks @MuadDib

Maybe, just maybe I can pull this off.

By the way. You look good with a beard.

11 minutes ago, MuadDib said:

Hey old timer,

Here's an image I am hosting on postimages.org :

260px-Boxer-of-Quirinal-Mys-from-Taranto

It seems pretty straightforward to use. Just upload a pic to the site, (like this screenshot I took of me uploading the above image), then select the DIRECT LINK option that I have emphasized and paste that into your journal.

Capture.jpg

Seems to work well enough, can't guarantee longevity as I haven't read about the hosting terms but these things aren't really a big deal as far as hosting is concerned, usually.

?‍♂️

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Wave

Just read the terms, I guess it might not work if your images are copyrighted, LOL. There are a bunch of different hosting sites you could try that might have different options. Imgur and Flickr come to mind...

Thanks @MuadDib I would have pasted the gallery link but I uploaded them out of order. Think I got them in correct order below. I don't think he copyrighted his material and made sure to accredit the article to him. I might give him a call or email to see how he's doing. From here I'll work at getting this posted in type.

Esoteric Christianity by Dwight Ott

https://postimg.cc/WhNb5YYb

https://postimg.cc/dkRwBG8y

https://postimg.cc/G8nbGXsR

https://postimg.cc/5HCxXhyp

IMG_0109.GIF

This image that I've used before was also copied from Dwight's website. I assume he created it. A different perspective of the human energy centers or chakras. He was never proselytizing. It was always, if it's not true for you, it's not true. Verify everything for yourself over time. 

I'm not taking credit or altering the wording. He simply wanted for those who were interested in digging deeper into this kind of material, to provide it in a way that's understandable. 

I believe I will try to make contact and perhaps obtain his other writings and permission to share.

Also I should say that I do not hold myself up as a teacher. I like to share as a friend and fellow student of the human condition to whomever it interests.

Here's an old YouTube of Dwight I forgot about. The timing is right in that he speaks about Christmas time and points out how mechanical people are in going about things of tradition and cultural ritual.

I'm glad to be free from Ranch responsibilities.

It's been a couple of years now and I'm still getting used to it.

Any Good Jokes Lately?
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

Did you hear the one about the man who went to his medical doctor because he was having muscle spasms?  The doctor gave him three kinds of drugs: a shot for pain, pills to relax his muscles, and an anti-depressant medication.  The funny thing is, the man accepted these things as if they were actually treatment for his problem.  The doctor didn’t teach the man any techniques for relaxing his muscles.  He didn’t examine the man for tensions and stresses in his life.  And he didn’t teach him anything about overcoming or managing his particular stresses.  In addition to all that, the man wasn’t experiencing depression.  A qualified assessment revealed that he was actually anxious, upset and afraid with physical pain.  Now, what sort of doctor do you suppose this man should have gone to for real treatment?

Just watched Shunyamurti for the first time. He’s got a calm sounding speaking voice. Powerful talk he gives here. The way he talks about the world coming to an end reminds me of how it’s spoken of in ACIM. 
I’m going to have to try and resolve the seeming disparity between what he says and what Leo has said. 

Peace is Union
by Dr. Jim Rosen
©2020 Dr. Jim Rosen

Your inner peace, your inner calm, comes when you are joined to others.  Peace is in union; peace is in our Oneness.  Your peace of mind is no small matter.  It depends on making yourself aware, and doing your best to stay aware, of the fact that you are joined to others.  This takes mental effort.  You don’t have to be in the physical presence of others to be joined with them.  Your thoughts bring you together with others, or your thoughts make you separate and alone.  You choose with your thoughts.

When you feel at peace, you are feeling your true Self.  This is your higher, deeper Self, which is One with all of us.  If you feel at peace for even a few moments, those are moments of touching our wholeness.  We are not whole as separate individuals.  We are whole because we are all joined, because we are all One.  We are at peace in our Oneness.  Your true Self knows the peace of union.

Happy Holidays & Stay Healthy

The new historical era started on February 4, 1962 with a solar eclipse over New Guinea. At that time all of the planets, except for the trans-Saturanian ones, were located at 15 degrees Aquarius. There is no need for an apocalypse, and no need to wait for a future age of coming good. The New Age is already here, the potential is at hand. All that is needed is understanding and work to fulfill the new potentials.

The procession of the vernal equinox point in the Cosmic Year proceeds backwards clockwise through the constellations: 72 years for one degree, 2,160 for one "cosmic month" or sign, and 25,920 years for the whole Zodiac. The 26,000 number corresponds fractally to the number of breaths in a day. The history of Neolithic Man, of Humanity from a global point of view, covers five completed ages, and as mentioned has just entered the sixth stage.

SIX AGES OF COSMIC HISTORY

8838 - Clan - Animism

6678 - Tribe - Vision Quest

4518 - City - Book of the Dead, Writing

2358 - People - Ritualization of Life

198 B.C. - Empire - Messenger of God

1962 A.D. - Humanity - Technology, Personal Way

from http://www.chanceandchoice.com/course-overview/time-cycles/

There’s a permanent clearance sale now.
Hell has gone out of business.