Pernani

The end of the internet ?

23 posts in this topic

Y'all should probably start saving actualized vids on the cloud 

Press F to pay respects

Edited by Pernani

I do not think that everything is so bad. There is a tendency to worry that everything will collapse. So, usually this does not happen!

Still have podcasts and this site so... think its fine

Dont look at me! Look inside!

It will be a more genuine aproach on the creators, more originallity, no more copy/paste. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

If the internet is ending its not a big deal, we just need to go back to live with the nature like we did before internet was created.

2 hours ago, Lichinka said:

I do not think that everything is so bad. There is a tendency to worry that everything will collapse. So, usually this does not happen!

I agree, internet was on the verge of completely going to shit a few times b4 but it's still surviving, I just hope that greed wont get its way this time

2 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

It will be a more genuine aproach on the creators, more originallity, no more copy/paste. 

yeah but since companies' own pockets are at risk here I don't think they're planning to take the risk of that either

1 hour ago, Amanaki said:

If the internet is ending its not a big deal, we just need to go back to live with the nature like we did before internet was created.

I doubt that will end in flowers and butterflies if that happens tbh

If there is an end to the internet we would be just as fine as we were for thousands of years prior to the digital age. We rise and we fall, and vice versa.

Perhaps we would go back to our old ways, and good old days, roughly back to the 80s, or perhaps evolve by learning not to take so many things for granted for once. I think as with everything that comes and goes, we always learn something from it.

Needless to say, we all have been given a grand opportunity to utilize the internet to our highest advantage by teaching ourselves anything we wish to learn. Within seconds we have abundant access and availability to countless resources in which can help us expand our knowledge, pursue our career/life purpose, and allow us to remain connected to some extent. It is only how we choose to use the internet for our greatest benefit in which the majority of people must take into consideration.

Most people use the internet from a greedy and solipsistic approach to maintain a "cool" image/persona. They are only focused on sharing their daily lives through social media for rewards, points & golden stars, rather than truly living their precious moments in real time. News Feeds, selfies, updates, likes & dislikes is not the proper road to intellectual gain and personal growth but only the path of success pressure, self-absorption, falsehood and aimlessness of one's true identity. Of course it saddens me and sometimes frightens me to see little children using phones excessively and not exploring outdoors and to see mindless adults using devices to the point of not paying any attention and getting themselves in unfortunate accidents!

If the internet ends, it wouldn't make much difference to me as long as I've got my books, I'm sorted. ?

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

I grew up in the 70s and 80s before the internet / digital age. It’s so interesting to hear younger generations that grew up with the internet talk about living without it.

@Serotoninluv You know what man I totally hear you. However I witness the New Age community all the time and find myself shaking my head and rolling my eyes quite often. Most of them claim they're something spiritual and enlightened yet they cannot get off their phones! And still act like ordinary people with traditional materialistic needs and every little thing sets them off.

Honestly, I always felt older than my age and born in the wrong generation. Always gravitated towards the "older crowd" growing up and always had some of my best, most fulfilling conversations with older folk. I never really "fit in" with folk within my age group because certainly not to say I was on a more "advanced" level than them but simply because I could not connect with their behaviors or mindsets which sometimes as a kid, made me question if I was even "normal". But I was just always interested in different topics other than internet icons, sitcoms, and memes. I've gotten "old soul" enough times, perhaps I just embrace the inner-elder within me. But even now some of my best friends are all in their mid 20s-30s.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Serotoninluv O.o Care to elaborate?

Edited by VioletFlame

Just now, VioletFlame said:

@Serotoninluv O.o Care to clarify?

You seem very mature and have a balance between intellect and creativity/intuition/emotions. Plus, curiosity, appreciation and expression. So, receptive to a variety of life lessons. Overall, characteristics of a wise person.

@Serotoninluv Dude that's like one of the nicest things anyone's ever said to me, thank you. ?

Edited by VioletFlame

Ofcourse it's not the end of the internet. The internet is the way the world communicates and businesses is done, and it's only increasing with poorer regions in the world getting access and the internet of things becoming a reality. 

Strange how no one here replies sceptically but just assumes we're going back to the 80s if this law gets passed. Seriously? ?

It's a bad law though, that's for sure,and it has to be stopped. 

I think the law passes for a few months then the pressure gets to big and they change it. The internet is like a collective psychedelic and i don't think people are going to put up with this. 

The pendulum swings but over time balance will be established. The pendulum is too strong on one side right now but it will swing back.  

Get the #1 Productivity Hack for 2019 (That no one knows about) Get it Here!

Well, let's not cry :)

Internet brought to society more bad than good at the end of the day. Too much fragmentation i refer to, with the excuse of globalism hahahaha. 

In the past, like a decade or two it seemed like a must have (an internet connection) etc, now it became a drag for most people. Not very useful anymore, appart from basic stuff, like connecting to someone far away or instant gibberish info. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.