Aaron p

Experiencing the ego death - timeframe

25 posts in this topic

I'd like a handful of people to just comment how long it takes to reach the point of ego death. From either yourself or someone else you know, what do you guys think would be the ballpark timeframe for reaching this state (for someone who has dedicated themselves to enlightenment with self enquiry every day)? On average. Ur answer doesent need to be big

IME: 

About 6,000 hours of dedicated meditation and introspection over 20 years => no ego death.

About 2 hrs with 4-aco-dmt => ego death

I can’t speak for others though.

It is hard to say , reaching point where you can get Enlightened is very easy , problem is that to overcome that point you must be ready to let go of ego,

or your ego must be ready to let- go of itself, you will not be able to cross that point if you run away every time you have opportunity to cross that point, also it can bring in depression if your ego has no experience in any of this, he will be scared shitless.

The self/ego/experience/‘time’ frame are all one unit of psychological momentum(evolution). 

The ego that cultivates time/thought as a means to die is really resisting death. 

Death is not based on a moment in the future or the past and doesn’t exsist as a memory. Death means dying to the known/knower(the content of “the me-time”. 

Real dying is dynamic and not fixed as a point of time(the past). 

Real dying is from day to day, moment to moment. Then in that death there is ACTUAL living untanted by time. Then there is the NEW. 

This is like asking how long it takes to become a millionaire. It all depends on how bad you want it and how hard you're willing to work for it, and how effectitive your chosen methods are.

Most people will not become a millionaire ever. Because it isn't simply a function of time. To think of it as a function of time is very mistaken and will in itself ensure you waste years in fruitless practices.

Your practice must be serious, genuine, and powerful. Otherwise you will easily waste 20 years meditating without ego death.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've been meditating more than 1 year, almost 2 year. Minimum 40 minutes with a few exceptions (days can count with fingers). It starts slow, then reaches to a momentum and you keep going with the speed you got. Sometimes you don't gain any speed, sometimes you accelerate nicely.

Recently, There was a book called "Ask and given". I followed exact methods to help me, asked for "enlightenment", "no-self experience", "ego death", "who am I" somehow this stupid trick flipped the coins for me. At least I feel huge amount of acceleration and changes recently. I felt what It means to be empty and no-body. Mystical experiences are happening.

Do not set a time limit on the things you want to achieve. You say you want to end your Ego. Ego are one of the huge attachments and maybe the one who take the longest to let go ( for most people).

In my experieance Ego is the last of the attachments to disapear.  Other attachments like greed, anger, delution, jealosy, and so will be more easy to let go of. 

I can not answer for others but this is the way it happend for me.

17 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

IME: 

About 6,000 hours of dedicated meditation and introspection over 20 years => no ego death.

About 2 hrs with 4-aco-dmt => ego death

I can’t speak for others though.

@Serotoninluv I had a feeling this was Gona be brought up...i know there will come a point where I have to go completely all in, or leave it. Somehow I know that enlightenment is the only thing that matters. I have a deep witness within me, I know i'll either get enlightened or die trying ;)

But yes, I think I definitely need DMT. I'm also looking into that "1000" book about the highest levels of consciousness. But by this point I'm hooked...I've tasted it lol. It's gooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddd I like it a LOT. I'm Gona try get dmt. Thanks for the reply mate

17 hours ago, purerogue said:

It is hard to say , reaching point where you can get Enlightened is very easy , problem is that to overcome that point you must be ready to let go of ego,

or your ego must be ready to let- go of itself, you will not be able to cross that point if you run away every time you have opportunity to cross that point, also it can bring in depression if your ego has no experience in any of this, he will be scared shitless.

@purerogue My mind is making it seem like it's impossible to achieve...but I know if I leave my life behind it will happen. I honestly don't want it to take long, but I'd definitely be willing to spend my entire life at it. Something within myself allows me to grasp the magnitude of enlightenment. I know that it is literally the only thing that matters. Everything else feels like shit. I'm not depressed, it feels like I'm just 'clear' (regarding the big picture of my life). I don't really wana waste it. It would be such a fuckin waste to spend 80 years just working a little job, pretending like I enjoy family dinners, and doing some cool drugs and banging some nice girls. Such a waste. I want to be able to motherfucking SEE!!!!!!!! I want to live. 

I look forward to the day I'm shitting myself about to die, I want to feel every bit of it. Cuz it's not me. Not who I truly am.

17 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@Aaron p If you are suffering unbearably, you have a good shot. 

@Sahil Pandit for the first 3 months I literally didn't know what I was doing when I went in to meditate and enquire. I kept myself in the dark because the feeling of assurance I had in my heart was so real. I was operating in a out 98% confusion. It's only now I feel guided to even look at my knowledge. The Almighty Self has shown me that knowledge is actually my friend, it's what awareness rides on. Without Aaron Patterson, the I Am would not be here (not experientially). I haven't experienced much confusion in the last week or so, which is concerning. By no means am I suffering unbearably yet. However, it took a lot of suffering to get me out of religion. I had to topple that tower first. Even when my time to suffer comes, something in me will know to keep going no matter what. Know what I'm saying bro

17 hours ago, Jack River said:

The self/ego/experience/‘time’ frame are all one unit of psychological momentum(evolution). 

The ego that cultivates time/thought as a means to die is really resisting death. 

Death is not based on a moment in the future or the past and doesn’t exsist as a memory. Death means dying to the known/knower(the content of “the me-time”. 

Real dying is dynamic and not fixed as a point of time(the past). 

Real dying is from day to day, moment to moment. Then in that death there is ACTUAL living untainted by time. Then there is the NEW. @Jack River

I know what your saying, I agree. I've noticed a deep disconnection with a lot of areas in my life. I find myself not needing my friends as much, not needing religion at all anymore, not needing family (I accidentally didn't talk to my mum for 2 months haha). I've definitely noticed that large parts of me have just instantly became a lot weaker. I hope this is the death taking place in different areas of my life. 

@Aaron p I've heard anything from 1 day to 40 years to never, good luck SDS sits & self inquiry are some of the fastest paths, good luck. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is like asking how long it takes to become a millionaire. It all depends on how bad you want it and how hard you're willing to work for it, and how effectitive your chosen methods are.

Most people will not become a millionaire ever. Because it isn't simply a function of time. To think of it as a function of time is very mistaken and will in itself ensure you waste years in fruitless practices.

Your practice must be serious, genuine, and powerful. Otherwise you will easily waste 20 years meditating without ego death.

I

@Leo Gura ive been spending a lot of time ensuring my technique is perfect all of the time so to ensure I'm squeezing all the juice out of each meditation. I'm aware of a lot of traps and pit falls in my own mind. For me, this is all that matters now. I really want to get DMT and take it after a 10 day solo retreat (in silence). I also want to visit an enlightened teacher in a different country who i admire greatly. I don't want to overcomplicate myself either...spread my focus too much and dilute its strength. 

I can assure you, my practise is serious, I work towards deeper levels of genuineness within myself and the methods I'm using are the ones you recommend. I am serious about it like

2 hours ago, non_nothing said:

I've been meditating more than 1 year, almost 2 year. Minimum 40 minutes with a few exceptions (days can count with fingers). It starts slow, then reaches to a momentum and you keep going with the speed you got. Sometimes you don't gain any speed, sometimes you accelerate nicely.

Recently, There was a book called "Ask and given". I followed exact methods to help me, asked for "enlightenment", "no-self experience", "ego death", "who am I" somehow this stupid trick flipped the coins for me. At least I feel huge amount of acceleration and changes recently. I felt what It means to be empty and no-body. Mystical experiences are happening.

@non_nothing I might have to give that book a read, who's it by?

Why does a self feel it needs to accumulate knowledge-experience(experiences) to find freedom?, and how does that project freedom/liberation further in time/future? 

4 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Why does a self feel it needs to accumulate knowledge-experience(experiences) to find freedom?, and how does that project freedom/liberation further in time/future? 

Because it thinks that there is some kind of magical information that will let it be free, running in endless circles, not noticing that he was always at truth,

he was just running in loop all the time not noticing it. 

Edited by purerogue

2 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Because it thinks that there is some kind of magical information that will let it be free, running in endless circles, not noticing that he was always at truth,

he was just running in loop all the time not noticing it. 

A self sustaining mechanism. Loop of time? Is that what you mean?