Consilience

How to Be a Strategic Motherfucker for Life Purpose?

13 posts in this topic

Hello actualized.org folks,

I was hoping to get some 2nd opinions of my current predicament. So right now I work as a personal trainer for a pretty standard corporate gym, and at the moment I am most certainly at a "slave wage" type of salary. Not only is my current position not long term financially viable, it also is not fully aligned with my life purpose. 

So here's the thing... Recently one of the trainers and I realized we have a lot of potential together to start our own training business. She has various strengths and so do I; each of us compliments the other's weaknesses quite well. I'm actually fully confident that if we both worked hard enough and for long enough, we would be successful. Unfortunately though... This too is not my life purpose. 

The advantage is that if I went off to start this 1st personal training business, in a matter of years my financial situation could drastically improve, my network within the community would grow, my experience level and skill sets would increase, BUT I would be essentially working towards a path which is not my ultimate goal/life purpose. Now this 1st business certainly has the potential to teach me various skills needed for my ultimate life purpose, but again, it's not my life purpose.

So on one hand, it seems like a strategic move to start this one business, as it will give me the time, experience, money, and essentially life infrastructure to really bootstrap myself into my ultimate goal long term. On the other hand, part of me feels like I should just start working towards my life purpose right now, forgo the initial PT business and just do my own thing. The problem is it would be very difficult financially to pull it off. Without going into too much details on my health, I can't risk finical failure, as I am dependent on medications every month to live. SOOOO yeah I can't fuck up with money, which makes the 1st business plan a lot more appealing. 

I see pros and cons to each path... But I also know life purpose work needs to be strategized for the long term, and right now I kind of need money so the idea of starting a joint training business seems very promising for the short term. However, I could also see it becoming difficult to start my own Life Purpose path down the road if I get too entangled in this 1st business. 

In terms of what is the best strategy for life purpose... I don't know what I should do. Any insights or opinions would be extremely welcomed. 

@aurum Technically Im still working through the details, Im also finishing Leo’s course. But as it stands, my ultimate vision is to have a stage yellow personal training/life coaching business. Right now the industry is pretty much locked in at stage orange, but the potential to use training, nutrition, and personal developement as a vehicle for understanding the self is there. It’s how I began my actualization journey and eventually stumbled upon spirituality. I have a pretty damn extensive knowledge of how to achieve fitness results, but see, that’s really only the beginning and the type of lessons one learns from fitness are immense IF you have the framework and perspective to learn.

Id also make YouTube videos with a focus on training, nutrition and self with a yellow focus, and ideally work within my community locally, but as well as through the larger, global platform the internet provides, which is why YouTube would be advantageous. It also allows me a medium to express my ideas through speaking, which Ive found I really enjoy doing at the gym. Rattling off to clients about various facets of fitness gives me a lot of joy and tends to help others master their bodies.

The joint PT business would most certainly be more geared at a stage orange level and while it still would impact and contribute towards people’s lives, I know I could provide a different type of value with what I just described above. 

23 hours ago, Consilience said:

@aurum Technically Im still working through the details, Im also finishing Leo’s course. But as it stands, my ultimate vision is to have a stage yellow personal training/life coaching business. Right now the industry is pretty much locked in at stage orange, but the potential to use training, nutrition, and personal developement as a vehicle for understanding the self is there. It’s how I began my actualization journey and eventually stumbled upon spirituality. I have a pretty damn extensive knowledge of how to achieve fitness results, but see, that’s really only the beginning and the type of lessons one learns from fitness are immense IF you have the framework and perspective to learn.

Id also make YouTube videos with a focus on training, nutrition and self with a yellow focus, and ideally work within my community locally, but as well as through the larger, global platform the internet provides, which is why YouTube would be advantageous. It also allows me a medium to express my ideas through speaking, which Ive found I really enjoy doing at the gym. Rattling off to clients about various facets of fitness gives me a lot of joy and tends to help others master their bodies.

The joint PT business would most certainly be more geared at a stage orange level and while it still would impact and contribute towards people’s lives, I know I could provide a different type of value with what I just described above. 

As long as you feel it's moving you closer to your vision, it is your purpose.

Don't get so hung up on thinking you've got to be saving the world right out the gate. Purpose evolves over time. It sounds like this joint business could move you in a positive direction, so I'd just do that.

@Consilience  Your life purpose connects pretty much with the 1st business you thinking to start up. It's about health nutrition and fitniss. The most best and strategic way is to first start your initial business. Even though it's not your ultimate life purpose but from there you can grow into this yellow based business. It will definitly take some of your time but look at it like this. You will receive knowledge, experience and if it is going good financial stability. After a while you can start your life purpose business. Your initial bussiness can still exist (if it's a training center simply put a good manager to take care of it) or you can also sell your businiss ofcourse. 

Have to agree with the others. If you had ansered with any other LP I would have told you to go directly for that. But as it alignes well with your LP and you are still unsure about your LP, go for it!

You already know what you should do, stop being afraid and nicely lulled in with your current idk phase and do it!

On 12/6/2018 at 4:15 PM, Consilience said:

Technically Im still working through the details, Im also finishing Leo’s course. But as it stands, my ultimate vision is to have a stage yellow personal training/life coaching business. Right now the industry is pretty much locked in at stage orange, but the potential to use training, nutrition, and personal developement as a vehicle for understanding the self is there. It’s how I began my actualization journey and eventually stumbled upon spirituality. I have a pretty damn extensive knowledge of how to achieve fitness results, but see, that’s really only the beginning and the type of lessons one learns from fitness are immense IF you have the framework and perspective to learn.

Yeah like everyone said, the 1st business idea would be a nice springboard for your life purpose. Couldn't you find out ways where you can evolve your joint business into your life purpose? Like @aurum said, purpose evolves over time. Your business could start as the foundation from which you build your life purpose. Sounds exciting! I say go for it. Any other thoughts could be the resistance talking!

In practice most people will need to take several stepping stones before getting to their ultimate life purpose. I spent about 3 years building a business I hated in order to become financially independent enough to start my dream business.

That's what being a strategic motherfucker means. Most people never think that far ahead, and so their life reflects that.

Most people will not be able to start their dream career right off the bat because there are real-world financial and other limitations. Meaning you gotta plan and work towards it. Build skills, save money, develop social connections, etc.

Principle #18: "Before attacking the enemy head-on, it is wise to shore up one's strategic resources."

-- The Art Of Motherfucking Strategery by Leo Tzu ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, DnoReally said:

@Leo Gura You hated being a life coach?

No, life coaching was not my first biz.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

In practice most people will need to take several stepping stones before getting to their ultimate life purpose. I spent about 3 years building a business I hated in order to become financially independent enough to start my dream business.

That's what being a strategic motherfucker means. Most people never think that far ahead, and so their life reflects that.

Most people will not be able to start their dream career right off the bat because there are real-world financial and other limitations. Meaning you gotta plan and work towards it. Build skills, save money, develop social connections, etc.

Do you think it’s out of integrity to start a business that’s merely a stepping stone to the ultimate life purpose to handle finances and escape wage slavery? I sometimes feel like “I need to sort my survival out first and foremost. It doesn’t need to be THE ONE.” In yet I hear what you say about how much you resented your first business because of how out of integrity you were while running it. So I really feel sleazy whenever I even feel/think about starting a business that’s just about money and me because it feels like I know i need to go straight towards my life purpose but starting this other business is like turning right and I’m afraid I’m just going to get sucked into that. 

I don't mind doing financial transactions for a few years to escape wage slavery.