SriBhagwanYogi

Isha Kriya

17 posts in this topic

Hello is Sadhguru’s Isha Kriya same as Kriya Leo talks about , and what yoga do u guys find best ?

@SriBhagwanYogi No, it is not the same. The techniques are quite different, although they both lead to the same place.

I find Isha Kriya to be less potent. I assume this is by design. Sadhguru's teachings are very mainstream and he probably does not want to freak noobs out and get himself into hot water.

I assume Sadhguru reserves his most powerful techniques for advanced students. He doesn't give it to noobs to reduce complications.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've been doing 1-2 hours of anapana only and 2 vipassana courses since last year. Im going to my 3rd course this January. About a month ago i went to sadhgurus Sambhavi Mahamudra and he shaktipat tf out of everybody and taught us shambabhi mahamudra. I've been doing 1-2 hours of anapana and two 21 minute sessions of Sambhavi Mahamudra for the past month. I've been sharpening my concentration for about a year so I can begin to do vipassana with great intensity. I can really feel sadhgurus effect on me, it feels like a gift was given to me. Im having very occasional tears of joy. I still have to go deep into these techinques and even after a year of anapana and 2 10 day courses, Im still a noobie but sambhavi is like a tool for bliss while vipassana/anapana is dives deep in to the nature of reality and existential truth. 

Have you tried a 10 day course? 

@Vipassana Try Kirya pranayama spinal breathing.

Then maybe you won't need to suck on Sadhguru's tit ;)

1 hour ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

@Vipassana I am going to do vipassana retreat im future but yoga seems more advanced that’s my opinion 

Kriya yoga is more advanced than vipassana. However, they both are useful. Vipassana shines in silent meditation retreats and kriya yoga is more potent for every day meditations (in my experience) 

1 hour ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

@Leo Gura Is it possible to learn that online ?

Buy the Kriya Yoga books mentioned on Leos booklist

@Girzo what would you recommend from your experience?

@Leo Gura I will try to buy your booklist soon as i can . I am 19 but very serious about this doing your neti neti and self inquiry for 2 - 3 hours every day but its frustrating i am rly in state of not knowing only awareness is present so i am not sure am i doing it right. Thank you for your free videos 

@Leo Gura that rings truth, he seems to avoid going into deep territory. 

Edited by GabeN

personally ive observed no noticeable results from the kriya yoga ive been doing for ~3 months and from a 10 day vipassana course. im trying isha kriya daily now though and I feel nice after doing it. thats about it though. didnt have any noticable long term effects from any meditation yet and ive been trying out stuff for a year and a half. I will keep trying though.

@Viking Yeah i am doing it for a month but sds with do nothing gives me more like mystical experiences like Leo said its mainstream version. Is it truth that vipassana gives you more “wisdom” did you notice anything like that ?

The best yoga is natural yoga, ancient yoga, that yoga you discover by yourself, meditation, observing the breath, the feelings etc. 

Because if you did not unlock parts of the body/mind, techniques of certain yoga practices can get you into further blockages and dangerous conditions you can develop. 

Today's yoga is not yoga really :)

You will find real yoga on some mountain at a hermitage retreat or by yourself, meditating. 

Modern yoga is focussed on the "mindfuck" practices, literally :)

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

10 hours ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Is it truth that vipassana gives you more “wisdom” did you notice anything like that

i have a feeling you misunderstand what that means.

i dont know if i gained wisdom

@SriBhagwanYogi We have a giant thread om this forum about how to teach yourself Kriya yoga.

It takes some effort. It is not for lazy people who expect everything to be served up to them on a silver platter on YT.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It takes some effort. It is not for lazy people who expect everything to be served up to them on a silver platter on YT.

How important is access concentration or a certain Dyhana for Kriya?  I never see the "light" as it is described in the book, which is why I assume it is wiser to first work on concentration solely.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles