Annoynymous

Fear

69 posts in this topic

People here all the time talks about fear, how it is helding us back, how it is an illusion etc. But what fear actually is essentially? And how to dissolve or overcomw fear?

Thank you in advance.

Fear is the unwillingness to feel pain. This can be physical pain or emotional pain. I like to repeat this affirmation ''I love pain''

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

@Annoynymous What fear is actually essential? The fear to move you out of the way of an oncoming car, the fear that makes you run from a man/woman with a knife. Any other fear that isn't associated with physical immediate danger, to me personally is not needed.

6 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

The fear to move you out of the way of an oncoming car

That’s not fear, that’s intelligence dude?

11 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

But what fear actually is essentially?

The constant tension lurking beneath every arbitrary construction(physical or psychological).

With every construction comes a sense of stability, but at it's heart, there is the fear of it's own dissolution.

Just like behind every search for pleasure there is a seed of pain, there is the seed of fear behind every construction,

''DANGER! ALL STRUCTURES ARE UNSTABLE!!"

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 minutes ago, Preetom said:

The constant tension lurking beneath every arbitrary construction(physical or psychological).

With every construction comes a sense of stability, but at it's heart, there is the fear of it's own dissolution.

Just like behind every pleasure there is a seed of pain, there is the seed of fear behind every construction,

''DANGER! ALL STRUCTURES ARE UNSTABLE!!"

Fosho dude! 

Fear and pleasure go very much together. To understand fear we have to understand pleasure and vice versa. Fear lies behind every movement away from what-is and towards what should be (movement of psychological becoming). Fear is the breeding ground for resistance/attachment/identification(the search for security/permanence in that which is impermanent(time). 

Edited by Jack River

4 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

So how to overcome fear guys? It is crippling me :(

There are many types of fears, you can overcome fear of death, but it will still not be overcoming fear of rejection, losing someone, uncertainty in life, you have to work on each of them , and each of them needs different approach

@Annoynymous fear is knowing you will have tomorrow and you have to ensure you get there, mostly in tact.

8 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

You can make a dare list. Put big scary dares at the bottom and easy ones at the top. You'll get addicted to taking risks if you keep doing this ;)

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

@Annoynymous Fear arises through the ignorance of what you are; notice thinking & talking about fear at the no self stage can become obsessive - but go all the way, know Self, and fear is revealed to be falsity that was always rooted in thinking ( supported with the illusion of “self”), like other facets of suffering. This reference lists some specific fear-defenses with simple explanations, so you can know what’s happening, slow it down, and see through them. Psychedelics are great for blasting you through the id as well, if you’re up for that. ❤️❤️❤️

https://www.simplypsychology.org/defense-mechanisms.html

I suggest it’s also helpful to label fear as “unconscious”, and ‘be conscious of it’ instead, when it “hits”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

feel it 100% with zero resistance.

9 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@Annoynymous What fear is actually essential? The fear to move you out of the way of an oncoming car, the fear that makes you run from a man/woman with a knife. Any other fear that isn't associated with physical immediate danger, to me personally is not needed.

9 hours ago, Jack River said:

That’s not fear, that’s intelligence dude?

This ?

3 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@Jack River are you referring to the intelligence leo speaks of in his intelligence video?

I’m not sure what Leo refers too. I’m kind of a solo/self obsever. The intelligence I refer to is whole. Undivided action. Not a two step process (movement of thought/then action). 

Intelligence acts instantaneously

where as divided action/intellect-action implies a conditioned movement of thought then action. 

When a bus is coming to destroy this body or or I walk up on a venomous snake do I sit there and think about it, or do I move away from the danger? 

1 minute ago, Charlotte said:

This ?

Fosho dude..

you called it fear..I call it intelligent action to step out of the way of a speeding bus:)