Principium Nexus

Games that have inspired you!

29 posts in this topic

I used to play Viva Piñata many many hours when I was a young child. I didn't get addicted to it like I would get addicted to an RPG nowadays, but I always wanted to build something new in the game! It's like finding beauty in playing Minecraft Solo survival mode.

It's inspiring now because I feel like I played the game so much because maybe it's resonating with my life purpose!

Other than that, I love the game Dota2. Just for the beauty of it, it's like chess x100. Seeing the best players play is a joy, and with the Valve always striving to make the game perfectly balanced in its chaotic beauty is really inspiring to me.

I’m going to go back to the 1980s and say Dungeons and Dragons. When I was a teenager, I would play with my Uncle and cousins. We would play all day, all weekend. We would go really deep into imagination and character development. Each player wants to protect their own character, yet places the welfare of the group higher. Our group played as One. I still remember losing a really high level cleric in an epic battle that went on for hours. It was so stressful. We had to really pay attention and think hard to come up with the best strategy. We lost half our characters in that battle. It was mentally and emotionally draining. And when our senior cleric died, our group was devastated. That cleric took years to develop. We had so many memories with her.

There were tight connections within gaming groups in the 80s. There was no internet, so we always had to get together in one person’s house to game.

For me it was early JRPGs like the final fantasy series. I miss those days of gaming when graphics were bad but because studios needed less budget they were allowed to run wild with their imaginations and create these fantastic worlds that were much richer than today's big budget games with amazing graphics. Now every game needs to go through a dozen focus group and make sure it doesnt offend anybody. What you have in the end are pretty looking games that are hollow inside. Or maybe Im just old and jaded. 

On 11/26/2018 at 8:15 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Chess is a cool game.  There's a reason it's survived as long as it has.  I'm pretty good at Chess, but I get easily butthurt when I make a stupid move that I should have noticed was a stupid move.  It's like, "How the f*ck could I have not seen that!"  But, yeah, I play a little bit of Chess.  I play like a game a week.  Sometimes I'll play the computer, sometimes I'll play a friend.  Ubuntu Linux has a pretty cool free Chess program that comes already installed with the OS. 

Have you ever played the game Go? I think its like one of the oldest games we know of. Also AI was unable to beat the top go masters and the masters say its because you use intuition during the game. There is also more possible moves then there are "particles" in the universe lol.

I've played poker for 2 years with friends, I've learned some social "rules" that we see in society : when to show up, how yo hypnotize...

Edited by Soulbass

Thumbs up if you what Im talking about. :D

1BCF15BE-3EF9-48BC-8384-E93C94C3F994.jpeg

Dont look at me! Look inside!

'Journey' for PS3/PS4. It's a short but beautiful indie game everyone here should check out! It's the one of the most beautiful forms of entertainment I've ever experienced!

I played league of 3, wow for 5 and 3 for runescape. 

Do I regret? Yes :( it birthed a very unselfaware, depressed person. But it brought me to Leo & PD so that's the equivalent trade off 

Rhythm games have done a lot of good to train how well I can work with my body. It really proved to me how well you can get good at something if you just do it over and over.

Anything with a good story that can make me cry is an A+ in my book. Beautiful storytelling motivates me to want to do great things in my life.