winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

@Jack River in that case I'

3 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I figured out the moment to moment dying recently. Most excellent.. Good luck dude?

Awesome, congratulations! Were you using any technique in particular, or was it a spontaneous insight type of deal?

7 minutes ago, Jack River said:

The “where” will fall apart when the self actually dies. 

I'll get on with destroying the crap out of my ego then, post haste. 

Edited by Wisebaxter

42 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Assuming you mean Death. I’m not familiar with such thought content as Muladhara. But is there a “how”? 

The “how” can be seen as a restistance to death. How implies thought and thought is a response of memory/knowledge/time, and an entity that will allly that to die. You see what I mean brah? 

I see it as there is no how. Asking how implies incoherence. This seems to be why we as dudes and dudets never “transcend” or actually die. 

I'm not talking about death. I'm talking the practicality on how to genuinely ground oneself beyond concepts.  

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

5 hours ago, Mu_ said:

@winterknight

I think we have completely different vocabularies, understandings and experiences of what awakening is.  Perhaps you've lost the notion of self, or the memory of how you thought, seen, acted, enjoyed life from your prior perspectives.  Perhaps this notion of self/energy and its content/experience of feeling/thought/personality didn't appear as illusion to you at one point and are just taking place for you unquestioned, which is fine, I dont know, but it makes me curious.  Often spiritual teachers/enlightened individuals refer to this and some say it completely dissolves, and others say it remains but its known as the small self in relation to the big self (all again notions/labels used to describe awakening).  Some even say that there is no notion of being and just talking/acting/feeling/seeing is happening, again labels to describe.  Either way I was just curious.

I could say that there is a little self; I could say that there isn't. I could say that there appears to be but in reality there isn't. In the end, words just can't express truth that well. I think that's the key point. That all the concepts are themselves within the realm of illusion. All the concepts -- and thus all names -- and thus all objects.

5 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

So in other words: the Self/Consciousness (and other words) is either Selfish or lacks the ability to see in the perspective of the ego.

God, you must care about the "superficial appearance", (egos/world). Don't ignore the suffering of billions and billions of people who takes the illusion for the ultimate reality.

Come and save us instead of giving a sh*t. ? We pray.

"Permanent, unchanging, real love." Okay..

Are you extremely sad for all the people who die in a movie?

5 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight How to  heal ourself from past emotional trauma? How to be always protected from heartbreaks, negetive emotions,  anxiet,  depression? How to live life according to one's true motivation regardless of fear? How to overcome fear?  

Psychoanalytic/psychodynamic therapy (google "psychoanalytic institute <your city>" and ask for a referral), expressive writing/art/music, self-inquiry.

Fear should not be regarded as something to be "overcome" but as bringing you a message. Your task is to listen to it and to understand what it is really saying. Therapy's very helpful for this.

4 hours ago, Preetom said:

Just like an unenlightened person identified with the body cannot imagine how he could be the Self, similarly right now you just can't even imagine how you could be anything other than the Self, it just doesn't make any sense anymore, is that it? :) 

Haha, yes, exactly.

4 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Are people in general more attracted to your presence would you say? 

Division in the world will be necessary until it isn’t?  

@winterknight

Hrm... possibly. Would have to give it more thought. As far as division in the world, division is the nature of illusion. As soon as you say "I" and "you" -- boom, division has been created. Luckily, that division is just an illusion. But "within" the illusion division will persist.

3 hours ago, youngshinzen said:

@winterknight 

Why aren‘t there any glitches in this life in comparison to dreams?

Maybe there are. How would you know? Glitches in dreams are known when you wake up. So wake up and then see.

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight when getting psychoanalyzed, what is being analyzed?  The mind? The mind of what? The brain of the particular body? Because of how it interprets the thoughts it perceives? 

If there is no I, (as far as the one being identified with/mistaken as thoughts), then what is being analyzed? And for what purpose? 

Your mind is being analyzed. While it may be true in the end that there is no I, as a seeker, just telling yourself there is no "I" is not enough. In order to get to the point where you can have peace of mind, the clarity, the concentration, so that you can practice and find that out yourself, you have to calm the mind. Psychoanalysis can be a powerful method of mental calming.

1 hour ago, Wisebaxter said:

@winterknight If none of us really exist, what are our mothers giving birth to? 

If none of us really exist, then where are the mothers and where is the giving birth? These are all just words until you experience it yourself. 

The seeker must take the standpoint that it appears as if we all exist, and it appears as if mothers are giving birth, and that they are looking to penetrate that illusion. 

1 hour ago, Hellspeed said:

@winterknight Tell us the secrets on how to access Muladhara in the most practical sense.  

I don't think in terms of kundalini and chakras, so I wouldn't know, sorry.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I know think in terms of kundalini and chakras, so I wouldn't know, sorry.

Then, you are Egoic Enlightened. 

Namaste

?

Edited by Hellspeed

18 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

I'm talking the practicality on how to genuinely ground oneself beyond concepts.  

Might want to be a little clearer my dude. You mean a perception without concepts and such. 

it can be a problem when communicating traditional text and not trying to lay out the context of what you mean. Can you give me a little more on what it points too my Brahman?:)

Otherwise I don’t know what you are referring to. 

Edited by Jack River

10 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Hellspeed Whereas you're just good old fashioned Egoic. Namaste

Hahahaha... keep believing that, or the blue dwarfs will get you :P

13 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Your mind is being analyzed. While it may be true in the end that there is no I, as a seeker, just telling yourself there is no "I" is not enough. In order to get to the point where you can have peace of mind, the clarity, the concentration, so that you can practice and find that out yourself, you have to calm the mind. Psychoanalysis can be a powerful method of mental calming.

Thank you! I'm currently wanting a therapist for that reason. What type of therapist should I seek? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Might want to be a little clearer my dude. You mean a perception without concepts and such. 

it can be a problem when communicating traditional text and not trying to lay out the context of what you mean. Can you give me a little more on what it posts too my Brahman?:)

How to use the breath to open Muladhara, you complicated human being :). 

@Hellspeed Sorry, my own ego gets triggered when it decides someone is being judgmental. It's a trap I'm always looking out for as it just makes me a hypocrite. Peace and love to you 

5 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Thank you! I'm currently wanting a therapist for that reason. What type of therapist should I seek? 

A good psychoanalyst. Psychoanalysis and psychodynamic therapies are a family of therapies that started with Freud -- but have progressed a lot since his day. They are very sophisticated and subtle.

Psychoanalysis is the most powerful type -- but it usually requires at least 3x/week sessions.

Psychodynamic therapy can be 1x or 2x/week. Same principles are used.

Psychoanalysts these days usually do both types.

Psychoanalysts are on average the best trained therapists.

So to find a good therapist, google "psychoanalytic institute <my city>" and see if there are any institutes in your city. Call them and ask for a referral. They often have low-fee options available if that is an issue.

In the first couple of sessions, you should feel that you are getting something from it. If you don't, or if you don't feel the therapist is a good fit, try someone different. Sometimes it can take a couple of tries to get a good match.

If you have any trouble or are getting confused, PM me and I will help you.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Just now, Wisebaxter said:

@Hellspeed Sorry, my own ego gets triggered when it decides someone is being judgmental. It's a trap I'm always looking out for as it just makes me a hypocrite. Peace and love to you 

I decided to stop lying even if I upset people or make them angry. Don't worry. Being humble is another dogma for those who seek business in this field.  

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

Antagonism is resistance dudes.:)

@Jack River So true. I'm working on accepting everything but there are still some trigger points for me. I think it stems from putting myself in the shoes of the person who's been 'insulted' and feeling like I want to jump to their defence.  I assume that just because it would upset or annoy me that everyone is the same. Crazy stuff. Anyway - on with the important stuff

3 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

How to use the breath to open Muladhara, you complicated human being :). 

Oh hehe. 

Well that seems to be making things more complicated then they have to be.  :)

2 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Jack River So true. I'm working on accepting everything but there are still some trigger points for me. I think it stems from putting myself in the shoes of the person who's been 'insulted' and feeling like I want to jump to their defence.  I assume that just because it would upset or annoy me that everyone is the same. Crazy stuff. Anyway - on with the important stuff

Fosho dude? Party on! 

4 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Oh hehe. 

Well that seems to be making things more complicated then they have to be.  :)

Because awakening has nothing to do with how you feel about a certain matter nor the realization of ideas on how it works, it is pure being and doing. 

7 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:Because awakening has nothing to do with how you feel about a certain matter nor the realization of ideas on how it works, it is pure being and doing. 

Then why make it so complicated by applying breath work? Using the breath seems a lot more complicated then it needs to be. Right? 

I am referring more to nonbeing though too. Not sure if we are speaking about the same “thing” by brah. 

Edited by Jack River

Just now, Jack River said:

Then why make it so complicated by applying breath work? Using the breath seems a lot more complicated then it needs to be. Right? 

Breath is in the present all the time, everything else is a delusion. No breath work, you will only enlighten the 2 chakras you operate with the mind/head and in consequence, you will be able to see your own flaws based on your own flaws only.