winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight  are you in a state of absolute non existence? 

and don't say that it's not good for my inquiry, it seems i'm going to have to follow my own path to its conclusion. 

Well you should know I don't generally answer questions about my own experience, because the answers are misleading.

For example, the very idea of "a state of absolute non-existence" is itself a misunderstanding.  All of these intellectual misunderstandings result from the fact that you have not actually studied any system of thought seriously.

If you want answers to these kinds of philosophical questions, you should carefully study what has been written by the ancients.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

13 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@Aakash what ever path answers are obstacles.

6 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Jkris in what sense do you mean? 

Every Single thought/words/question starts with the sneaky assumption that it is indubitably True along with its frame of reference; and by further churning of thoughts, it is gonna find more truth or get more closer.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

There is certainly coming and going, but with slow movement toward more stability, like a small kingdom gradually expanding and consolidating its borders.

@Ibn Sina

In oshos words of Zen story empty your cup (mind) to receive the tea ???

Be open minded and receive dont cling to what you read and heard (imagining what your of understanding of what you read and heard are absolute truth or  ).

Lol What that blogger said is what osho and others are saying ???

I dont have any intentions of convincing or forcing you.what I am gaining in doing so ???

Drop your judgement and projections.

-------------------------------

Read it carefully.

https://arshaavinash.in/index.php/download/mandukya-upanisad-with-karika-by-swami-paramarthananda/

Read the same by Swami Nikhilanda as well.

Hi @winterknight 

What is your opinion about The Vimalakirti Nirdesha Sutra?
(You can download the book here > http://read.84000.co/translation/toh176.html)

"The Vimalakirti Nirdesha Sutra is one of the most important sutras of Mahayana Buddhism. This collection of texts from the teachings of the Buddha has been of great importance for the development of Zen Buddhism. The Sutra tells the story of Vimalakirti, a lay follower of Buddha, who goes in the midst of worldly and daily worries the path of the bodhisattva The bodhisattva renounces enlightenment to help all beings on their path to enlightenment Vimalakirti teaches his students the depth of the teachings of Buddha (the Dharma). However, it always turns out that the students are right next to the core of the doctrine, and Vimalakirti always reveals to them precisely that core: the emptiness, in which the contradictions (non-duality) are eliminated. Although reading is not easy, this sutra is a valuable help for those who want to study the sources of zen. "

30 minutes ago, Ella said:

Hi @winterknight 

What is your opinion about The Vimalakirti Nirdesha Sutra?
(You can download the book here > http://read.84000.co/translation/toh176.html)

"The Vimalakirti Nirdesha Sutra is one of the most important sutras of Mahayana Buddhism. This collection of texts from the teachings of the Buddha has been of great importance for the development of Zen Buddhism. The Sutra tells the story of Vimalakirti, a lay follower of Buddha, who goes in the midst of worldly and daily worries the path of the bodhisattva The bodhisattva renounces enlightenment to help all beings on their path to enlightenment Vimalakirti teaches his students the depth of the teachings of Buddha (the Dharma). However, it always turns out that the students are right next to the core of the doctrine, and Vimalakirti always reveals to them precisely that core: the emptiness, in which the contradictions (non-duality) are eliminated. Although reading is not easy, this sutra is a valuable help for those who want to study the sources of zen. "

Haven’t read it, can’t say, unfortunately... but generally the ancient and influential scriptures of the past are worth reading. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Why is there so much evil and suffering in the world? There is so much darkness, disgusting, downright evil things that happen on earth. Why does it happen? Why does it exist? Why do I feel like part of it is me? Why do I fear it? Why is it part of creation? How is it possible to be in complete bliss and happiness and feel safe knowing this stuff exists and there is always some danger out there such as an air plane crash, fire, murder, rape or robbery? Is it possible to not have to ever experience complete darkness like this if you try your best to be a good person and live a conscious and good life?

Edited by SunnyNewDay

What are the qualities of the Self?  I can hear you say "The Self is beyond qualities".  But surely, there must be something that can be said of the Self that makes it worthy of pursuing...?

17 minutes ago, SunnyNewDay said:

Why is there so much evil and suffering in the world? There is so much darkness, disgusting, downright evil things that happen on earth. Why does it happen? Why does it exist? Why do I feel like part of it is me? Why do I fear it? Why is it part of creation? How is it possible to be in complete bliss and happiness and feel safe knowing this stuff exists and there is always some danger out there such as an air plane crash, fire, murder, rape or robbery? Is it possible to not have to ever experience complete darkness like this if you try your best to be a good person and live a conscious and good life?

There are many, many answers to that question depending on the perspective that you come from. Suffering comes from karma. God's will. Humanity's hate, delusion, greed.

In a nutshell the real truth is that none of it can be said to exist. It's all illusion. It's as illusory as a movie, or even more so. And as such its meaning is just the beauty of the cosmic drama.

When one sees that these ills are illusory, because you are not who you think you are, then even the darkness will be filled with everlasting light. Even it seems you are afraid you will not be, and when it seems you are in pain you will not be. And in fact that is already the case.

But if you want to see what this all means, it's time to follow the path of self-inquiry.

7 minutes ago, Beginner Mind said:

What are the qualities of the Self?  I can hear you say "The Self is beyond qualities".  But surely, there must be something that can be said of the Self that makes it worthy of pursuing...?

Of course. The Self is the negation of suffering and the destruction of the pain of existential questions. It is the annihilation of a lack of peace, of ignorance, of fear, of constriction, of a sense of being incomplete and empty, of the pain of effort. That good enough?

11 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Of course. The Self is the negation of suffering and the destruction of the pain of existential questions. It is the annihilation of a lack of peace, of ignorance, of fear, of constriction, of a sense of being incomplete and empty, of the pain of effort. That good enough?

Yes, I'd say that's worth pursuing.  Thanks.

18 minutes ago, winterknight said:

There are many, many answers to that question depending on the perspective that you come from. Suffering comes from karma. God's will. Humanity's hate, delusion, greed.

In a nutshell the real truth is that none of it can be said to exist. It's all illusion. It's as illusory as a movie, or even more so. And as such its meaning is just the beauty of the cosmic drama.

When one sees that these ills are illusory, because you are not who you think you are, then even the darkness will be filled with everlasting light. Even it seems you are afraid you will not be, and when it seems you are in pain you will not be. And in fact that is already the case.

But if you want to see what this all means, it's time to follow the path of self-inquiry.

I would say that I'm trying to come at it from a new perspective (explore new ones) cause up until now the perspectives I've thought about these issues from and experienced before, granted maybe not the most deepest enquiry, have all left me unsatisfied and just kind of sad for humanity, myself existence and my future (fearing it often). One piece of the puzzle that at least comforts me is that a) it's part of existing as a human b) it's possible to be in control of yourself and your future if you try to be honest and good in that order. 

I don't really understand the rest of what you said but why then is there blindness and pain and if it is all an illusion then why does it have to exist?? I don't see how it doesn't exist if I can knock my finger on a piece of wood and feel it as real and know these bad things happen in this same reality in which my finger knocks on this wood. Do you feel like you are real and you exist on earth?

1 hour ago, SunnyNewDay said:

I would say that I'm trying to come at it from a new perspective (explore new ones) cause up until now the perspectives I've thought about these issues from and experienced before, granted maybe not the most deepest enquiry, have all left me unsatisfied and just kind of sad for humanity, myself existence and my future (fearing it often). One piece of the puzzle that at least comforts me is that a) it's part of existing as a human b) it's possible to be in control of yourself and your future if you try to be honest and good in that order. 

I don't really understand the rest of what you said but why then is there blindness and pain and if it is all an illusion then why does it have to exist?? I don't see how it doesn't exist if I can knock my finger on a piece of wood and feel it as real and know these bad things happen in this same reality in which my finger knocks on this wood. Do you feel like you are real and you exist on earth?

I gave you a whole bunch of reasons. And of course none of them satisfied you.

That's because you can't be satisfied with just ideas.

The truth is that suffering doesn't even exist -- not even as an illusion.

If you want to understand, pursue the spiritual path with the links I gave above.

You'll never find true answers just by speculating. 

@SunnyNewDay

Just sharing my perspective.

There is no free will.Nor as an individual we dont have control over the events that are happening.The world we live in is like that so no point in brooding over that.

In other words if you think it is - it is.If you dont think about it.It is not.

The only possibility is to live a concious life.

Drop the idea of permanance.Permanant bliss and happiness.Nothing is permanant.

Experiences come and go and dont cling to experiences.Equanimity is the key.In other words treat happiness and suffering alike and dont cling to them.Let go.

You are not your experiences.

--------------------------------

Rest follow the path and realize they are illusions.

@Aakash Aakash your name keeps comming.The above post is not intended for you.???

@winterknightyou say that suffering doesn't exist then what is the sensation of pain . When we are in pain we have certain reaction . Is not that due to suffering ? 

9 minutes ago, Karas said:

@winterknightyou say that suffering doesn't exist then what is the sensation of pain . When we are in pain we have certain reaction . Is not that due to suffering ? 

Pain is different than suffering. One can have a painful sensation, but then telling ourselves a story of how it's so horrible for us and needs to go away -- that is what causes suffering. There is a big difference between an unpleasant sensation and the emotional agony of desperately wanting to change that sensation and make it disappear -- only the second thing is suffering.

Though the truth is even pain doesn't exist. Pain is a mental concept; enlightenment is seeing that all mental concepts are false. This cannot really be understood intellectually, though. You have to pursue the spiritual path and then you will understand.

@winterknight From my current level of understanding.

Pain is physical i.e body.Suffering is the pressing thoughts of survival.Forcing the body to act to escape take remedial steps.

The Gnani knows all these are appearences in conciousness and conciousness is untouched.

But yet the body-mind of the Gnani too is vulnerable.Law of Nature is same for all.

Unless and until the gnani detaches himself from body mind and remains in Nirvikalpa Samadhi he can escape pain- suffering(temporarily as long in N samadhi) else he too is an ordinary human being as long as the body is alive and no escape from pain of body.

3 hours ago, Jkris said:

@winterknight From my current level of understanding.

Pain is physical i.e body.Suffering is the pressing thoughts of survival.Forcing the body to act to escape take remedial steps.

The Gnani knows all these are appearences in conciousness and conciousness is untouched.

But yet the body-mind of the Gnani too is vulnerable.Law of Nature is same for all.

Unless and until the gnani detaches himself from body mind and remains in Nirvikalpa Samadhi he can escape pain- suffering(temporarily as long in N samadhi) else he too is an ordinary human being as long as the body is alive and no escape from pain of body.

Sure, that's one way of looking at it. And it may be the most helpful way for most.

Another way of looking at it is that for the jnani there is no body or mind (for anyone), because these are mental categories... all the categories are false.

This is the most mysterious doctrine... there is no experience and no experiencer. But this can only be understood when the veil of ignorance isn't there.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight i've now understood that the absolute is outside of ALL consciousness, so my question is does your knowledge and collapse of dualities affect the "version" of the absolute. my understanding is the absolute is nothing. there are a few ways to get there and one is about having insights about the nature of different "things". is this included in the process of self-inquiry. or is the void beyond even  the insights and inferences you make about consciousness. its just one void and thats it,