B_Naz

Quran

12 posts in this topic

I don't exactly know if this is allowed on the forums. I don't want to make a debate if islam is true or not, I'm just currently studying all religions as part of growing my awareness of religions and ancient wisdom. If this is not allowed on the forums, please kindly stop the thread :)

So as I said, I am studying religions and that includes Islam. I have got myself an english translation (Saheeh International Translation) and I am doubting myself about this study.

I have heard a lot about the Quran. The Quran is supposed to be ONLY in Arabic, and must also be recited, in a certain way. It must be listened so the words can play with you and show you the Truth. I have also heard that the translations by Quran may not be accurate in terms of content and won't actually grasping the idea of Allah.

So... is there even worth the time to actually study the Quran from a western perspective? I don't think I can learn Arabic, or have the time to go to a scholar and talk about verses. The main reason I'm scared to go to Imams or teachers of Islam is that it will be a interpretation of THEIR Islam

I can understand most of the content, but I cannot get the mystical experience from Islam

Edited by B_Naz

You're not human, you're the universe

@B_Naz hey. Brother. What you need to realize that there isn't one religion which is "true" 

All essentially point to / talk about the same thing. 

Anyhow. I'll let you come to the realization with due time 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@B_Naz not worth your time at all.

It keeps repeating the same thing over and over again but there are actually quite a lot of interesting insights in there if you look at it from a spiritual point of view.

Matter of fact, Now that I think about it though, it is worth your time but you don't need to learn arabic, the translation will be more than enough to convay the main message.

The Quran will show you all the techniques on how to awaken if you know where to look. Skip the western perspective, is BS, same with eastern, I speak about the literacy of the matter. You will find the truth of the matter only from a metaphorical perspective and the closet skeletons. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@B_Naz the translation is enough. We had to learn Arabic in school for 7 years (I was in Iran) and still I can't read the Quran since its an extremely difficult language, but nevertheless I could understand some of it originally by neglecting translations. Its an 1400 year old book and that means there was enough time to make great translations of it in Persian and I assume English and other languages as well. I don't think its a complex book, its repeating the same thing alot, it has an irregular structure and boring. I should say the last time I read the verses was 3 years ago with a very Orange logical and atheist approach so I possibly didn't see interesting spiritual things in it if it has. 

12 hours ago, B_Naz said:

I don't exactly know if this is allowed on the forums. I don't want to make a debate if islam is true or not, I'm just currently studying all religions as part of growing my awareness of religions and ancient wisdom. If this is not allowed on the forums, please kindly stop the thread :)

So as I said, I am studying religions and that includes Islam. I have got myself an english translation (Saheeh International Translation) and I am doubting myself about this study.

I have heard a lot about the Quran. The Quran is supposed to be ONLY in Arabic, and must also be recited, in a certain way. It must be listened so the words can play with you and show you the Truth. I have also heard that the translations by Quran may not be accurate in terms of content and won't actually grasping the idea of Allah.

So... is there even worth the time to actually study the Quran from a western perspective? I don't think I can learn Arabic, or have the time to go to a scholar and talk about verses. The main reason I'm scared to go to Imams or teachers of Islam is that it will be a interpretation of THEIR Islam

I can understand most of the content, but I cannot get the mystical experience from Islam

In my opinion you are approaching this in a way too intellectual basis. Remember, Enlightenment is about being. You don't need religion for that. Explore being. Who are you here amd now.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

If you're curious of how it sounds simply head over the youtube and listen in arabic as they sing you the chapter whlie you read.

Sorry for the late reply here

@sarapr This is very true! It's why I am attracted to the Quran. There are some verses from my favorite chapter, The Cow. These connected with me

"And believe in which I have sent down confirming that which is [already] you" 2:41 - We are already God :) and there is mystery to seek for

"Then your heart become hardened after that, being like stones or even harder" 2:74 - Allah is love, turn against love and your heart will suffer

There are tons of beautiful verses but as well as some bad ones. But I haven't reached to those parts yet...

@Dodo Yeah... I'm guilty of this. I will take your advice tbh. taking way too seriously

@non_nothing I think I'm going to try this out, even though it's going to make the reading much longer but I guess I have to if I truly want to explore Islam

@SoonHei Hopefully I'll get to that realisation with studying all of the religions :P

I had serious doubts about just quitting this book. I think I'm going to keep on reading and open my heart to Allah as the Quran suggests. These are the instructions, so guess I need to follow them. Doubt I will believe in Quran's version of Allah but I know I will gain some serious wisdom.

Thank you all, and please keep on giving advice for reading the book

@Xiatma yeah, I think the translations won't be a problem. I can always find other translations to get a reliable understanding

I wanted to do this but cannot, please share your insights here ;)

This topic kinda made me emotional and nostalgic.

I was raised as a muslim. My school was kind of madrasa (A place where religious education given in details apart from regular studies). There my teachers used to teach me how to read quran in arabic although i don't know the language, only knew how to read it. They were very strict about it and used to give punishments if i fail. It was like a torture to me.

In teenage, i took an interest on reading quran in my mother language, Bangla. I did it because i was interested to know what was written there. But again i fell into a trap of taking the book literally and began to believe those things written. I became rigid, fearful of sins and going to hell,  guilty of doing sins and repressing my emotions until i jailbreak the paradigm. That is another story. Even if then, while reading quran somehow i felt that this is not just it, there is more to it and something is wrong about how i was taught to view quran.

I think the quran has its metaphorical value. But it will become a trap if one takes it literally. For me, i would like to read quran again from this new perspective that i have but i don't know when. Because those years of  emotional torture haunts me till the day and i want to heal myself properly. 

But whenever i remember about it, i am like 'man it was hell of a journey!'  

1 hour ago, Annoynymous said:

This topic kinda made me emotional and nostalgic.

I was raised as a muslim. My school was kind of madrasa (A place where religious education given in details apart from regular studies). There my teachers used to teach me how to read quran in arabic although i don't know the language, only knew how to read it. They were very strict about it and used to give punishments if i fail. It was like a torture to me.

In teenage, i took an interest on reading quran in my mother language, Bangla. I did it because i was interested to know what was written there. But again i fell into a trap of taking the book literally and began to believe those things written. I became rigid, fearful of sins and going to hell,  guilty of doing sins and repressing my emotions until i jailbreak the paradigm. That is another story. Even if then, while reading quran somehow i felt that this is not just it, there is more to it and something is wrong about how i was taught to view quran.

I think the quran has its metaphorical value. But it will become a trap if one takes it literally. For me, i would like to read quran again from this new perspective that i have but i don't know when. Because those years of  emotional torture haunts me till the day and i want to heal myself properly. 

But whenever i remember about it, i am like 'man it was hell of a journey!'  

As a muslim, I can relate to this. 

My parents are typical muslim. It becomes so quite bothersome living with them because my mom becomes very sad and emotional if I dont pray namaz and if I dont recite quran and my dad becomes angry.

There is a huge gab in our intellect as they are not educated. And the truth is I can't even shed light into religious matters as I would become outcast and further disappoint and hurt them.....