StephenK

Overconfidence/Arrogance and the Relative/Absolute

12 posts in this topic

Does experience in the domain of the absolute qualify one to speak on the patterns that emerge in the relative?

I've noticed a pattern that those that have a lot of experience with matters of the absolute delve into the manifestations of the relative (economics,relationships,science,future,past) with a level of overconfidence/arrogance that can often make me pause. The presence of huge disagreement on matters of the relative between those that claim experience of the absolute is a direct pointer to this.  I don't want to get into specific examples, otherwise it becomes a witch hunt. Am I imagining this relationship, or have you noticed it too?

Edited by StephenK

Yes, I noticed that as well but I have issues being able to differentiate genuine insight into deeper matters that can manifest as knowledge about the relative realm. Take for instance most spiritual gurus make really strong statements about psychedelics does that come understanding of very nuanced stuff or not.( for instance some claim that psychedelics mess with your subtle energies )

You can't take any knowledge from the absolute, it destroys knowledge, intelligence only is relative to the individual and it's intentions.

Qualifications?

Those who are on the path, whom awakened and expanding all the time surely they have something to say. 

There is a "non-arrogance virtue" in spiritual groups, and I think is just BS. 

Those who are walking the path and know how IT works, really don't bother with "I'm arrogant or not", in fact, they are the most arrogant. This social humbleness in "respect the stupid or the handicapped or ignorant" are just social constructs to have a sheep society. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Take example on me.

You don't need awakening to be arrogant !

Just be arrogant !

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@AlwaysBeNice  How did you come to know that? 

Had quite a few sober glimpses and once a drug induced breakthrough.

As you enter or come closer to a singularity, you just lose your mind (everything stops, or everything gets amped up to the point of utter intense psychedelicness, or something inbetween-- these states have never failed to be amazingly unique every time).

Once you come out of it, mind functions according to your wishes as it engages in relative world.

-

Therefor, the quicker you can let go of concepts and knowledge the better.

Don't expect Eckhart Tolle to know how to repair your PC.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Don't expect Eckhart Tolle to know how to repair your PC.

This reminds me of this interview with Warren Buffet that I watched where he said in the right context he could easily be bear food nevermind his extraordinary skill in investing.

Edited by Joseph Maynor