GeorgeLawson

Show us your Shopping List!

28 posts in this topic

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 3:11 PM, Abeo Maria said:

FGoodMy breakfast is either steel cut oatmeal with baked bananas, cinnamon and pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top, or scrambled curry eggs (with sauteed garilc, onion and mushroom) or a smoothie.
I make a lot of stir fry's and baked sweet potatoes for lunch and dinner. 

Organic Spinach
Organic Kale
Organic Spring Mix
Mushrooms
Garlic
Onions
Organic Cauliflower 
Beets
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
Sweet Potatoes

Bananas
Frozen Organic Cherries
Frozen Organic Strawberries
Grapefruit
Avocados
Pineapple

Quinoa
Organic Brown Rice
Steel Cut Oatmeal
Coconut Oil
Organic Eggs (1 dozen)
Peanut Butter (no salt, no sugar)
Green Tea/Mint Tea

Good stuff. Basic and super healthy but with a few hints of natural good tastes mostly avoiding huge amounts of sugar. And of course with the good fats people miss such as peanut butter and avocado, as well as bananas. Sweet potatoes is always a must. Naturally both delicious and nutritious. Question...why do you do with the garlic and onions? I'm not much of a cook, and always keep it as simple as possible but need to get on board with this lol.

On 2/10/2016 at 11:00 AM, Neill Bolton said:

I usually throw some short-grain rice into the rice cooker, sprinkle some wakame rice seasoning on top, and then mix in the natto.

IMG_20160210_135844.jpg

@Neill Bolton Excuse me for this 1 month late reply.  I didn't get notification so I didn't know that you replied me.  I eat wakame seasoning thing too but I've never mixed with natto -- must taste good!  

Lately I happened to know that natto tastes better after mixing 424 times <-- I've never done it tho.  An old artist who died half century ago, his name is Rosanjin, said it, so it's called "Rosanjin-method."  And a Japanese toy company made a natto mixer (functional toy?) to exactly mix it 424 times.  <-- oh sounds like funky Jananese thing.  lol.  

FYI: Rosanjin Natto-bachi --> http://www.japantrendshop.com/rosanjin-nattobachi-p-2190.html

P.S. Nope I don't mean to sell this product.  

On 2/10/2016 at 11:14 AM, ElenaO said:

I have never heard of natto :D Gotta try it one day (despite its sliminess ...) I wonder if it also provides you with these useful bacterias for your stomach flora, just like sauerkraut, etc.?

@ElenaO  Oh you gonna hate it. :P  It's not just slimy but stinky . . like smelly feet.  Really.  

but.. you are in Finland..  If you are used to eat fermented fish . . That's Hard-Core!! xD  then you may enjoy natto?  lol.  

Re: natto as stomach flora.  I'm not sure if fermented soybeans are good stomach flora or not.  But in general, fermented food like saurkraut (as you mentioned) and kimchee (Korean fermented napa cabbage with chili & garlic) got are good bacteria (called probiotics?) for intestine, right?  

What's known about natto is that natto is a natural anti-coagulant, clot buster.  I remember that a doctor told my friend's friend (in Japan) to stop eating natto before his heart surgery cuz natto screw up with coagulation during/after surgery.  

Some people say that natto prevents alzheimer dementia due to it's anti-coagulant property, to smooth blood circulation in brain.  <-- Maybe?  but I kinda doubt this tho.  There are just So Many demented elderlies in Japan.  

Oh excuse me.  I wrote a lot.  Have a nice day!

Edited by OceanJjb

Shree Ganeshayana Maha . . 

(I'm not Hindu tho.)

Omm...  Inner PeaS  Omm...    ( ᵕ . ᵕ )   ?

Noni Juice

Pro-xeronine, educational animation (xeronine is an ingredient in the Noni fruit):

Rhodiola Rosea

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/07/rhodiola-rosea-natures-anti-depressant.html

http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2007/12/report_nutraceutical/page-01

Germanium

Germanium is a chemical element. People use it as medicine.

Despite serious safety concerns, germanium is used for heart and blood vessel conditions, including high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and heart disease; for eyeconditions, including glaucoma and cataracts; and for liver conditions, includinghepatitis and cirrhosis.

Some people use germanium for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), pain, weak bones (osteoporosis), low energy, and AIDS.

Other uses include heavy metal poisoning, including mercury and cadmium poisoning; depression; cancer; food allergies; and yeast and viral infections.

Germanium is also used for increasing circulation of blood to the brain, supporting the immune system, and as an antioxidant.

You'll need to do your own research.

Here is some more information:
http://www.janethull.com/newsletter/0207/the_health_benefits_of_germanium_1.php

Flax Seeds and Flax Seeds Oil (Dr. Budwig diet)

"I have the answer to cancer, but American doctors won't listen. They come here and observe my methods and are impressed. Then they want to make a special deal so they can take it home and make a lot of money. I won't do it, so I'm blackballed in every country."

Dr. Johanna Budwig

More info: http://healthwyze.org/reports/190-the-true-budwig-protocol

Raw foods

Eating lots of raw vegetables and fruits, uncooked, is very beneficial to your system. There is still lots of living energy in the food and it's good for your body.

Many of the previously mentioned foods and supplements are great.

It's important to take care of our bodies when on the spiritual path. Many people don't actually see how much benefit there is when the body is in good shape. Too many are lost in their mind, neglecting the body, bypassing its significance and wondering why they're short of concentration, energy and residing in low mood levels. 

When the body is weak, all kinds of "mind chatter" can come up and instead of seeing it for what it is (malnutrition), many start to "trace it back" to some spiritual or psychological issues. 

The whole human system, body, mind, emotions, energies need to be taken care of, because all those parts are working together. They all build a composite whole of the system.

Food is not all. But it's not wise to neglect the bodies natural needs.

@GeorgeLawson , thank you for the thread.

Kind regards, 
Chris

Edited by Isle of View

On 2/7/2016 at 0:55 PM, GeorgeLawson said:

This is something I really want to know you folk's opinions on; what is the 'Ultimate Shopping List?' 

What I mean by 'Ultimate' is both Healthy and Affordable. There are some key nutrients we need as human beings, and I want to know the best products you can get from the supermarket on your weekly grocery shop. 

My current list here is inspired from the book Rich Food, Poor Food, by Jayson and Mira Calton:

-Organic, raw milk and butter

-Organic Meat

-Wild caught tuna/salmon

-Local, organic produce (vegetables and eggs)

-Sea salt

-Olive Oil

-Brown Mustard

-Zughetti/Wheat-free Pasta

-White Rice

-Dark chocolate/crisps

-Pure juice not from concentrate

-Herbal Tea

-Organic Porridge

What's your Grocery List?

@GeorgeLawson   Great Post!  I love seeing everyone's answers!  And it's wonderful that everyone has taken charge of their health.  This is definitely an important part of personal development.  If you don't take care of your body....how do you expect to raise your consciousness? You are what you eat!

The Ultimate Shopping List???  Well Everyone is different, especially when it comes to their health needs.   Food allergies is a great example. I'm going to be the odd ball out of the group for sure since I have a ton of food allergies: soy, gluten, peanuts, dairy, eggs, brussel sprouts, red cabbage, salt, sugar, green tea.  And all animal proteins does not sit well in my intestinal tract.  Even beans and grains give me a problem causing me reoccurring  panic attacks.   I'm primarily Raw vegan by default for health reasons. 

My Shopping List:

If I can buy these things organic and raw/uncooked I usually will.  I try not to stress out if I want to cheat every once in a while.  You gotta live and enjoy life, but I do it in a way that doesn't mess with my food allergies.  I also fluctuate with what I buy too depending what I'm in the mood for.  And I usually pick up fruit every few days because I love to make smoothies for breakfast and to munch on through out the day.  It's definitely great on digestion!  I'm not a big fan of eating vegetables surprisingly! lol  So sometimes I'll buy a few cans of organic no salt/sodium peas to put in my salads for additional protein.

Veggies-
Arugula
Watercress
Salad Mix- spinach and other various dark leafy greens
Avocado
Cucumbers
tomatoes
cauliflower
carrots
radishes
celery
sprouts - any kind
peas
peppers
cilantro

flax seed oil  (I use this as a salad dressing)

Fruit-
I usually will buy a huge fruit bowl, and some frozen fruit and throw some bananas in with orange juice for my smoothies.  But like I said I fluctuate for variety.

watermelon  (this is great to eat for breakfast by itself!)
cantaloupe
pineapple
strawberries
blueberries
raspberries
bananas
peaches
lemons -  I <3 Lemons.... they are great for digestion, and to flavor water
limes

GOJI  BERRIES  -  They are the bomb!  Super FOOD!

Coconut Water

Other Proteins/etc/cheat foods

Tahini
Raw Organic Almond Butter
raw Almonds

Sweet Potatoes (When I need to eat something heavier every once in a while to fill up my tummy) - it's a cheat food

Daiya Mac & Cheese -  Cheat food-  This prevents me from going crazy and cheating on something that would cause me a problem lol
Daiya Pizza - Cheat food - Gluten, dairy, and soy free

Lara bars - Coconut Cream Pie  - my go to dessert, especially when I go to another person's house and they serve dessert.  It makes me feel human and somewhat normal....lol...sort of!

Manuka Honey - if you get the right brand, this is a natural antibiotic/probiotic
Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil - another natural antibiotic, it helps with my soy allergy
Apple Cider Vinegar- great replacement for tums/indigestion
Oregano oil-  natural antibiotic

Evian Water - I prefer to drink fruit juices I make from smoothies if I can for hydration and natural electrolytes.  I try to stick with alkalized water, and reverse osmosis water.

Vitamins-  Garden of Life Living Multi -  You can get this from The Vitamin Shoppe.

Cleaning supplies-
Rubbing Alcohol

I eat low carb keto and thus my food list isn't that rich. Although the ketogenic diet can be very rich in variety, I still like to follow a minimal effective dose, in regards to the choices I have  to make with my purchases. I get my essential micros and macros while avoiding decision fatigue and saving time, money and willpower.

Here's my most purchased foods in order of frequency:

• A ton of eggs - a carton a day on average
  • Green cabbage/Red cabbage
  • Carrots/Beetroot
  • Broccoli/Cauliflower
  • Ginger/Turmeric/Cinnamon (I'm huge on these)
  • Garlic/Onions
  • Sauerkraut
  • Brazil nuts
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Chicken thighs
  • Pork chops/ribs
  • Avocados - one a day
  • Lemon - one a day
  • Sour cream
  • Butter/Lard
  • Olives/Olive oil
  • Liver/Heart
  • Tomatoes
  • Salmon/Herring/Sardines/Mackerel
  • Coconut oil/MCT oil
  • Coffee - I've been able to go through only one pack over the past 6 months, lol - strategy
  • Green tea

That's the gist of it.

Super satiating, super nourishing, super energizing.

Thanks

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

Winter:

Organic Bananas (40lb box)

^10 bananas/day

Papayas

Dates

Organic veggies of all sorts. 

Variety of nuts (eat very little)