Yonkon

Is "Letting Go" something you do or something that happens when you become aware?

37 posts in this topic

Just now, Jack River said:

Stop running from fear?

Ha yes! Even if this "fear" appears to be other 

@Yonkon It will just happen. Anything you do to let go is a clinging on to an idea of how to let go. When you truly realise that there is nothing you can do, that it is pointless and only feeds the momentum of the self there's defeat. The self just gives up.

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

@Yonkon It will just happen. Anything you do to let go is a clinging on to an idea of how to let go. When you truly realise that there is nothing you can do, that it is pointless and only feeds the momentum of the self there's defeat. The self just gives up.

@WelcometoReality well said 

One becomes aware, starts to let go. Try as you might by will, will not work in the long run.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

14 hours ago, DrewNows said:

Ha yes! Even if this "fear" appears to be other 

Excellent ?

11 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Why do you think it’s well said?  Please elaborate.

What do you want to know?

2 minutes ago, Barry J said:

What do you want to know?

You have no authentic answers.  Aping Buddhism is not gonna cut it in this work.  The only answers worthwhile in this work are your own answers.  You should want to give your own answers, it shouldn't be like pulling teeth.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You have no authentic answers.  Aping Buddhism is not gonna cut it in this work.  The only answers worthwhile in this work are your own answers.  You should want to give your own answers, it shouldn't be like pulling teeth.

??

I agree with what @WelcometoReality said. It resonates with my experience. Thats all.

What do you think is Buddhist about what he said? 

1 hour ago, Barry J said:

??

I agree with what @WelcometoReality said. It resonates with my experience. Thats all.

I think he talks about you

1 hour ago, Barry J said:

??

Why the resistance to saying anything original that pertains to you though?  That's my point.  You should be talking only about you and you should be open with doing that.  The more advanced someone is on the Path, the more they'll naturally do this.  They won't be speaking about ideology or arguing, they'll be telling you about what they think and see from their own inner work.  The more original stuff that you say about you, the more you're telling us that you're really doing the work.  I've probably shared more about my Path than anyone else on the Forum.  And from doing that, I can tell you this, that's where you're gonna get your real growth.  It's not arguing and debating and clinging to traditions.  It's you looking at you and then talking about that very openly and honestly.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

40 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Why the resistance to saying anything original that pertains to you though?  That's my point.  You should be talking only about you and you should be open with doing that.  The more advanced someone is on the Path, the more they'll naturally do this.  They won't be speaking about ideology or arguing, they'll be telling you about what they think and see from their own inner work.  The more original stuff that you say about you, the more you're telling us that you're really doing the work.  I've probably shared more about my Path than anyone else on the Forum.  And from doing that, I can tell you this, that's where you're gonna get your real growth.  It's not arguing and debating and clinging to traditions.  It's you looking at you and then talking about that very openly and honestly.  

I did. It’s on the first page of this thread. I just think @WelcometoReality said it better. That’s all. These are all just pointers anyway there is nothing reall original about words and thought. Silence is better 

@Joseph Maynor I’ve said this before but you ignored. I’ll say again with love; this character of yours on here projects a great deal more than your self proclaimed attainment would suggest it would. 

Ofcourse we are just mirrors of ourselves 

Edited by Barry J

You're always aware

Letting go allows you to see thru the tiny self and realize you're everything in your experience. You are all of IT. It is your body so to speak. 

And best way it can be said is that the letting go that needs to happen is kinda like how we go to sleep

We all have had those nights when we TRY to sleep... Try to "let go" our waking Experience and try to sleep but no matter how hard you try you cannot sleep that way

The sleep comes by slowly letting go... Slowly falling... Falling asleep

Just like that, you let go of your attachment to your experience... Without "trying to let go" byt by the opposite of that ( and that's the trick) its not an "action" 

It's a non-action so to speak

And trying to find this non-action acts as the way to keep the serach going and the self alive and the "attempt to awake" futile

Let go and fall AWAKE!

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I wouldnt define let go. Its more non attachment. The more aware the less attached. 

And its quite shocking in contrast to mainstream society that sometimes I fear If I'm turning a cold monster. For example the more aware I'm becoming, when a close familiar dies I'm becoming less attached and I dont feel so much pain like anybody else would feel.

Edited by Moreira

1 hour ago, Moreira said:

I wouldnt define let go. Its more non attachment. The more aware the less attached. 

And its quite shocking in contrast to mainstream society that sometimes I fear If I'm turning a cold monster. For example the more aware I'm becoming, when a close familiar dies I'm becoming less attached and I dont feel so much pain like anybody else would feel.

That's what happens when Ego dies.

@Barry J

Little self’s always want to call out those who are unoriginal. Maybe to point out how original there little self is. It’s typical dude. The self likes to do this to feel better, supperior, above those who supposedly aren’t original. It’s surelry just comparing with others to validate there own image about themselves. But it’s all good brah. It’s true that a few on the forum think they “know” others, truth, enlightenment, and they love to tell others they don’t, or they love to show other unoriginals the truth, like they hold it in there pockets xD

On 9/28/2018 at 11:30 PM, WelcometoReality said:

Anything you do to let go is a clinging on to an idea of how to let go

Fosho..Self looking to thought to stop resisting. 

Edited by Jack River