Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Amanda R Batista

Most Important Practices

40 posts in this topic

I´m wondering which are the most important practices to be doing on a regular basis. 

Here are the practices that I´m doing every single day: meditation; visualization (sending love to myself); positive affirmations ("I deeply love myself" and "I´m happy unconditionally"); breathing (deep and intense); body awareness; mindfulness; releasing negative emotions and allowing myself to fully feel these emotions.

I´m trying to implement "Self Inquiry" or "Contemplate Using a Journal". I´m not really sure if they are the same thing. I´m confused on this topic. My time is also limited because I´m already doing a lot of practices. So I´m wondering which practice I´m missing that´s really crucial. Sometimes I get disturbed thinking that I won´t have time to do everything that´s necessary and I don´t waste time on activities and people that are nor meaningful to me. 

By the way, thank you, everyone, for all the previous messages. I´m trying to make sense of everything. I confess it´s overwhelming. I wouldn´t say I´m a complete newbie because I have been reading and watching videos about personal development for many years. I also went to many workshops. I did many courses. I did many kinds of therapies. But I never really embodied the real truth. I was always too much in my head.

Except for one period after a course about metaphysics. I even had a mystical love experience. It was the most beautiful moment of my life. And I keep wanting to come back to that state. So I understand what Leo is saying in his last video (What´s love?). 

It depends on what you want to ”achieve” but interchangeably

1.Meditation (Open Monitoring)

2.Self Inquiry

(3.I’ve started to dabble in Contemplation and I’ve found very good for having insights, might want to look into that) 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Amanda R Batista It sounds like you have experience with personal development and you are engaged in common personal development techniques. 

Your comments about metaphysics, Leo's love video and mystical love experience suggests you are drawn toward something beyond personal development that involves an awakening of the heart. My hunch is that nonduality may resonate with you. If you want to explore this area, I would recommend finding a nondual teacher or two online. Based on the feel of your post, I would recommend Lisa Cairns for you. She has a youtube channel with lots of videos. I recommend starting with videos over the last six months. She teaches from her heart and doesn't over-intellectualize. As well, she is balanced between personal development and nonduality - which I think may resonate with you.

8 hours ago, jse said:

All practices reinforce the self/I/ego.

Most important practice:

no-practice.

Beautiful:)

The means(practice) and the “i” being one and the same movement of psychological time.

The “i” that practices nourishes it’s own movement of psychological “becoming” (illusion). 

Edited by Faceless

8 hours ago, jse said:

Most important practice:

no-practice.

Hmmm, I'm curious about your context. How would you define "practice"?

@Amanda R Batista

I never was a fan of self inquiry. I get that it works for people but it just seemed like too much mental gymnastics for me.

My favorite practices are meditation, yoga, breathwork and bioenergetics. Really going deep on just one of these can cause huge shifts.

Oh, also laughing and dancing for no reason ;) 

38 minutes ago, Outer said:

You're meant to be in stillness or no-thought, there isn't an answer by the inquiry that is a thought. So you just keep asking/thinking questions.

I get it. I just don’t like it as a practice. If you like it, great. Different people resonate with different paths.

11 hours ago, jse said:

Most important practice:

no-practice.

Yep?. Looks Like the loop of “the me” has been exposed dudes.   xD

Meditation is #1 for me.  I just meditated for 2 hours.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Meditation is #1 for me.  I just meditated for 2 hours.

What form of meditation to you usually practice?

23 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

^

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

Do nothing meditation.  I don't sit in any special way, I just lay in bed and close my eyes. 

When I was first starting out I really benefited from Mindfulness meditation.  I don't really do mindfulness meditation anymore because I'm pretty much always mindful.  But I think mindfulness meditation is great for building up mindfulness which will benefit your enlightenment.  Mindfulness is like a muscle, the more you work on it the more your mindfulness set-point will start to creep upward, so you'll begin to have mindfulness without even trying to be mindful.  That's basically what Enlightenment is -- keen mindfulness without even trying to be mindful.  You need keen mindfulness to be able to flatten the illusion of Maya without even trying to.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 9/26/2018 at 8:55 AM, jse said:

Most important practice:

no-practice.

This is not practical in this world though. Even that is a partial truth.

On 9/26/2018 at 6:55 AM, jse said:

Most important practice:

no-practice.

Definitely disagree with dis. To each their own 

6 hours ago, PlasmicProjection said:

This is not practical in this world though. Even that is a partial truth.

Maybe more practical? xD

7 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Definitely disagree with dis. To each their own 

I would say it’s wise to at least attempt to understand before we disagree. 

1 hour ago, Jack River said:

I would say it’s wise to at least attempt to understand before we disagree. 

You’re right, Im sorry.

what do you mean by all techniques reinforce ego?

Edited by Consilience