Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevegan928

Why Are Spiritual People Okay With "I" But Not "Me"

12 posts in this topic

Honestly it seems like pure useless semantics like differentiating between consciousness and awareness, awakening and enlightenment. All useless semantic drivel.  

Edited by stevegan928

When it comes to realization, there are levels and those words are meant to denote them. In the model I find to be most accurate it goes from Awakening > self-realization > god consciousness > enlightenment > moksha (true liberation). 

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

All thoughts create problem !

WE MUST DEPORT THEM !!!

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin top tier profile picture. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

7 hours ago, Misagh said:

When it comes to realization, there are levels and those words are meant to denote them. In the model I find to be most accurate it goes from Awakening > self-realization > god consciousness > enlightenment > moksha (true liberation). 

Did you get feedback from Jan Esmann directly that you are "self realized"?

@Toby No I have never asked him that question. The only confirmation I've asked of him was for my Kundalini (whether what I was experiencing was Kundalini or not), which he answered 'yes' and that was the end of my correspondence with him. Why do you ask if I may? :) 

Edited by Misagh

Because you are referring to him / his map quite a bit in your posts, so I wondered in what kind of relationship with him you are.

@stevegan928 "I" and "me" are terms that make conversation and navigating through life easier. Try being nondual all day without using "I" or "me". It would be very awkward and there would be tons of misunderstandings. 

"I" and "me" terms are a nice tool in a relative word. Just like a saw. Sometimes a saw comes in handy, then we can put it down after doing the job.

All language is 'semantics' and all words can be drivel but especially the words of whiners because they have no beneficial value.

Edited by SOUL

@Toby I see what you mean. I've been very receptive towards Kundalini and Enlightenment in general. Have been unconsciously so since childhood. Jan Esman and Ramana Maharshi have been specially instrumental in my case so I do post them a lot. Haven't met Jan Esman yet, but I do plan to eventually. 

All there is is me.  That’s the thing that a lot of people don’t yet understand.  It takes keen mindfulness regarding Metaphysics to see this — namely, a serious inquiry into the question: What is real?  And ‘all there is is me’ is seen, it’s not merely a Thought.

Edited by Joseph Maynor