Edogowa Conan

I saw through the bullshit of today’s video

53 posts in this topic

@Sven Very good point!

When you're Enlightened, you discover yourself as the naked awareness only. But unfortunately naked awareness can't walk around, have sex, eat food and do work. So it slips back into only the attire it had, the same old character, but never get fooled by it anymore.

That's why after major awakening, many people need a period of integration before starting the activities of the world again. From there, their character is like a costume and it keeps on getting refined over time by the shining awareness.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

16 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Sven Very good point!

When you're Enlightened, you discover yourself as the naked awareness only. But unfortunately naked awareness can't walk around, have sex, eat food and do work. So it slips back into only the attire it had, the same old character, but never get fooled by it anymore.

That's why after major awakening, many people need a period of integration before starting the activities of the world again. From there, their character is like a costume and it keeps on getting refined over time by the shining awareness.

Yep.  And you'll have more than one awakening if you're anything like me.  And you'll have shifts after every one.

7 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Oliver Saavedra but it’s possible to live through purely the absolute truths. Imagine how sweet your life would be if you only immersed yourself in the absolute, and let your heart take over the relative illusion of maya.

Nice.  I resonate with what you say here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

That's the problem with trading in all these beliefs, you start to believe them.

Like this?

The best your life can be is when

...and this

The happiest you're gonna be in life is when

Conditional fulfillment and joy is a limiting belief.

That's called Liberation

Liberation is unconditional and limitless as it's only condition and limit.

Realization of fulfillment and joy in any conditions is genuine liberation and peace.

19 hours ago, Consept said:

I think what this thread is (or has become), is that people are being triggered by what Leo said in the video because they feel they are in the position he said you should get out of. 

It shouldn't really matter what Leo does for work or whatever, the message is still the same and I don't think it's wrong, it's also very helpful to look at things from this perspective.

I agree with this. :D

If you resonate with Leo's advice, then take it and move on. If you don't, then leave it and move on. (Just my perspective.)

I didn't watch the video and don't intend to but being a 'wage slave' is a mindset, even the wealthiest people in the world can be a 'wage slave' because it's all in the mind.

Although, the world system we are living in has been devised to create the 'wage slave' mentality.

Edited by SOUL

16 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I didn't watch the video and don't intend to but being a 'wage slave' is a mindset, even the wealthiest people in the world can be a 'wage slave' because it's all in the mind.

Although, the world system we are living in has been devised to create the 'wage slave' mentality.

I think one of the worst things we do is believe our own Thoughts.  We cling to them.  And that keeps us embedded in Maya, in Ego.  An illusion of our own making.  A prison of our own design.  'Thoughts are sticky', someone said that I recall.  Whoever said that was a smart dude.  Hell just is believing in your own Thoughts.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I somehow knew this video would make a lot of people mad ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Shin said:

I somehow knew this video would make a lot of people mad ?

What's odd is you would think this video would be one of the least controversial.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I think one of the worst things we do is believe our own Thoughts.  We cling to them.  And that keeps us embedded in Maya, in Ego.  An illusion of our own making.  A prison of our own design.  'Thoughts are sticky', someone said that I recall.  Whoever said that was a smart dude.  Hell just is believing in your own Thoughts.

What is belief? Believing is accepting that something is true or real. We consciously and subconsciously believe many things, in fact it's impossible to not ever believe anything at all.

What are thoughts? Thoughts are sensations of many varieties, physical, mental and emotional that arise in our mind. We consciously and subconsciously have many thoughts. It's impossible to not ever have thoughts at all.

So why are some thoughts and beliefs more 'sticky' than others? We can easily reject some thoughts and beliefs but others seem like they are super glued to our psyche. Identity with them is what creates the attachment that is so sticky.

How is it any different with attachment to a negative perspective of thoughts and beliefs? If one is to cease attachment to thoughts and beliefs then the attachment to the negative ones about them must cease as well.