Finland3286

I Can't Comprehend Non-Duality

247 posts in this topic

Just now, Artaemis said:

I'm being vulnerable with people who want to find problems in me. 

I should probably stop doing that. 

They’re human problems:)

22 hours ago, Saumaya said:

You need teacher for half baked awakening, not enlightenment. Enlightenment is clear as day. Even if you go to a teacher, it won't change anything

You know you're Enlightened when all gurus literally die.

2 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Gurus and every kind of authority ;)

Especially the authority of experience(time). 

3 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Especially the authority of experience(time). 

How about the authority of Thought?  You got the authority of Experience and the authority of Thought.  Thought is actually part of Experience, but it's useful to set it apart.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just now, Joseph Maynor said:

How about the authority of Thought?

Indeed:)

i don’t see thought as distinct from experience. One and the same movement of registration, recollection, which responds-projects. 

Edited by Faceless

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Indeed:)

i don’t see thought as distinct from experience. One and the same movement of registration, recollection, which responds-projects. 

Thought is just a sensation, an aspect of Experience.

1 hour ago, Artaemis said:

@Joseph Maynor I don't know why but most of what you're saying is hitting me like a ton of bricks. 

I don't understand whats going on. 

WHAT ENLIGHTENMENT IS AND WHAT IT'S NOT

Enlightenment is for those who want the Truth.  If you want to realize the Truth about existence, that's all Enlightenment can offer.  I don't think everybody necessarily wants to realize the Truth, and that's ok.  But for those that do, Enlightenment is a real boon because inauthenticity causes some people a lot of suffering -- people like me.  And it always has my whole life.  One of the things that Enlightenment does is it answers the question: What is True about existence?  And if you're the kind of person that can appreciate that, then Enlightenment will be great for you.  It's living with 'lack of Truth' that Enlightenment is basically an antidote for.  Enlightenment is not about living a comfortable life at all.  That's Ego.  Enlightenment is only about realizing the Truth for people who care about that.  Enlightenment is not about Love.  That's Ego too.  Enlightenment is about realizing the Truth about existence: whatever Enlightenment is and can be flows from that Truth realization alone.

Everything that the Egoic self wants in life has nothing to do with Enlightenment.  Enlightenment is not self-improvement.  A lot of people don't get that.  Enlightenment is watching everything you thought had value and life disappear right in front of your eyes.  But I think a lot of people tend to think Enlightenment is linked somehow to self-improvement.  And it's the Egoic self that is entangled in Experience and Thought.  Real Enlightenment teachings are hostile to everything you care about.  And that's why you don't really find any real Enlightenment teachers, there's no market for it!  Every Enlightenment teacher is basically a Spiritual Ego, or at least they have to act like one.  Or else, they'd probably be run out of town and killed.  Actually, what happens is they would stop teaching.  A real Enlightenment teacher would realize that they don't want to teach and no one wants their teaching either, see.  What you realize is that you're just talking to yourself when you teach.  Interestingly enough, you're distracting yourself into Ego when you teach others.  There's no one but you there!  And you're all alone.  Nobody wants to hear that, see. 

Enlightenment is not about anything that the Egoic self values or thinks is true or real -- in fact it's hostile to all of that.  And that message would only sell to the most hardcore Enlightenment students out there who already have a lot of experience on the Path.  It's interesting, we start Personal Development thinking that we need to obtain Thought and Experience, and we end Personal Development thinking that Thought and Experience are illusions.  It's a big chasing cycle that has to run its course.  But there is an end, and it's outside the realm of Personal Development at the very end.  The end is the burning of Personal Development, the burning of teaching, the burning of trying to change the world, the burning of seeking success, the burning of your values, beliefs, pet theories, memories, and Thought and Experience as a whole.  And what remains after that is the true Self, which has always been there hiding away in the background -- Awareness.  Awareness of Maya is all that exists.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Thought is just a sensation, an aspect of Experience.

Indeed thought is sensation. Mind is part of sensation.  Mind stores sensation (memory), which reacts as experience. So that memory, experience responds as thought which determines experience. Experience implies recognition of the old(experience, knowledge, memory), the old. Self feeding loop. 

Edited by Faceless

Thought identifies itself with that sensation and through identification the 'I' is built up. ? fragmentation !!?

Edited by Faceless

49 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The end is the burning of Personal Development,

Indeed personal development of psychological evolution is seen through. Oddly many think of it as grim. Not the case one bit. 

Edited by Faceless

13 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Indeed personal development of psychological evolution is seen through. Oddly many think of it as grim. Not the case one bit. 

It's also the burning of the Preacher.  The one who gets to feel morally superior.  The one who thinks they're fighting evil 'out there'. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's also the burning of the Preacher.  The one who gets to feel morally superior.  

?indeed. All for the best. Less fear sustained in consciousness. 

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The one who thinks they're fighting evil 'out there'.

Ah yes, the mind and its movement towards abstraction..Well said. 

Edited by Faceless

Enlightenment IS freedom.

Every person has a natural drive in the direction of freedom (The Self earns to fully express itself) but the self-perpetuating I-thought/ego seeks to derail that drive.

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Joseph MaynorAlmost seen as a deep murky description of enlightenment. What about freedom? 

16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's also the burning of the Preacher.  The one who gets to feel morally superior.

No more psychological dependence on authority of any kind is freedom. 

6 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Joseph MaynorAlmost seen as a deep murky description of enlightenment. What about freedom? 

The only freedom you have is the freedom to maintain keen Awareness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Haumea2018 said:

Enlightenment IS freedom.

Every person has a natural drive in the direction of freedom (The Self earns to fully express itself) but the self-perpetuating I-thought/ego seeks to derail that drive.

Indeed. “The self” inherently moves positively-negatively or sustains its own movement by evading (what is) to (what should be-abstraction). Psychological time, or (psychological becoming), contributes to the self feeding loop of time as “the i”. 

Edited by Faceless