The Blind Sage

Reiki Masters stigma against psychedelics

14 posts in this topic

In spite of Reiki's immense ability for emotional healing, the Reiki masters I've come in contact with are always seem very hippie like and are not serious about pursuing consciousness. It seems as if they are on the orange-green stage in spiral dynamics. 

I've been warned by various Reiki Masters that psychedelics 'mess with your aura', 'blocks your third eye' or 'invites entities into you'. The analogy given is that you are charging 20,000 volts into a 500 volt light bulb when you take psychedelics, 'your system just isn't ready for it'. 

I was wondering if anyone has met any Reiki Masters experienced with psychedelics/have a different view on them?

This question is also directed to anyone who has met any psychcics or anything similar. Do they also say similar things about negative effects of psychedelics?

They have a point, i love psychedelics but they do seem to open myself up for all kinds of "energies" i get sensitive as hell. About the third eye, i think is the exact opposite, they open the six chakra and that can be hard to assimilate for most people, this can trigger psychosis events (hearing voices, receiving thoughts, feelings from others etc), you basically get shot from all angles and this can be overwhelming. Even weed make me super sensitive to "external" energies. 

@Recursoinominado

I see. Psychedelics are too powerful a tool to disregard though, I guess we just have to make sure we're in the best set & setting possible. 

How does this Reiki Master explain the hundreds of people on this forum and tens of thousands of people around the world and in clinical studies who report enormous benefits from psychedelics?

If I had to choose between a bag of 5-MeO and the Reiki Master, I would take the bag without a second thought.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The best effect drugs can create in you when it comes to enlightenment is entangling you from your thoughts. This is specially true for the dissociative family of drugs. It is still required for the aspirant to have enough discrimination to be able to identify truth and illusion. For example, Ketamine or DXM might create a whole spectrum of 'images' in your third-eye. Those images by themselves are mere illusions. They have no value when it comes to self-realization. The true value is in the drug creating this strong sense of detachment from those images and your other thoughts. All one has to do in that moment, is to realize their true nature as that untouchable observer. This whole other business with "entities" and "auras" etc. are distractions at best. Usually it is the ego who is interested in those kind of stuff because it wants to be mystical/holy etc. As Sri Ramana said: the real siddhi is self-realization. The rest is maya. 

There is a voice that doesn't use words. Listen! - Rumi

@Misagh That makes a lot of sense. I guess its a matter of 'recognising yourself in the mirror' as Martin Ball eloquently described seeing entities and whatnot.

On 9/7/2018 at 1:24 AM, Leo Gura said:

How does this Reiki Master explain the hundreds of people on this forum and tens of thousands of people around the world and in clinical studies who report enormous benefits from psychedelics?

If I had to choose between a bag of 5-MeO and the Reiki Master, I would take the bag without a second thought.

I did psychedelics in the past when I was younger (pure DXM, mushrooms, acid, salvia x60 extract), but this strange shift occurred into depression/anxiety at about age 21, then after that all of my trips were associated with panic attacks and a hyper sensitivity to psychedelics.  I feel like I can't use psychedelics anymore because of those experiences, and I actually fear it.  Even with cannabis I watch my dosage because I can have a panic attack if I get too high.  Have you heard of this happening to folks?

So I tend to avoid psychedelics but I'd love to have a great mushroom trip again, I would love to have the opportunity to use them therapeutically with a doctor or shaman, or just a friend I could trust.

I have a float tank if someone wanted to try tripping in there, I haven't done it myself though.

Grace

@MiracleMan  I have never tripped in a float tank, but I've gone in there completely sober and also half stoned. Wild experience, I don't see too many threads about tanks on this forum, might have to start one sometime.

@MiracleMan

Ehh, I can so relate to this! 2 puffs of weed can give me a massive panic attack and even things like pure MDMA that are supposed to be easing out your anxiety can bring me under a huge terror. Not fun. I guess there should be a separate manual for psychedelic use for people with intense panic attacks, be it from drugs or in general

I've had wild visual hallucinations in a float tank 100% sober. Those things are wild, wish I had one.

I think some psychedelics probably do mess with your aura.

Some people in the 60s and 70s definitely had one too many hits of LSD.

Chronic (pun intended) pot smokers probably do mess up their aura.

It's all about what you do, how much of it, how often, under whose guidance, under whose aftercare, etc.

A medicine can turn into a poison very easily.

And there are a lot of reckless fools out there, I've met some of them.

Edited by Haumea2018

On 9/7/2018 at 1:59 AM, Misagh said:

The best effect drugs can create in you when it comes to enlightenment is entangling you from your thoughts. This is specially true for the dissociative family of drugs. It is still required for the aspirant to have enough discrimination to be able to identify truth and illusion. For example, Ketamine or DXM might create a whole spectrum of 'images' in your third-eye. Those images by themselves are mere illusions. They have no value when it comes to self-realization. The true value is in the drug creating this strong sense of detachment from those images and your other thoughts. All one has to do in that moment, is to realize their true nature as that untouchable observer. This whole other business with "entities" and "auras" etc. are distractions at best. Usually it is the ego who is interested in those kind of stuff because it wants to be mystical/holy etc. As Sri Ramana said: the real siddhi is self-realization. The rest is maya. 

I've always looked at the whole chakra/aura stuff as an abstraction to help people understand some fundamental concepts. But these days such things are taken literally.