Charlotte

Is my LP a fad?

12 posts in this topic

I start college on Tuesday. I'll be starting right at the bottom, studying maths and English GCSEs (what I should of gained in high school). 

i want to go on and study wildlife conservation. Animal welfare is close to my heart. 

BUT I do wonder if what I want to persue is selfish!? On the surface I want to help animals for their sake but strip away the BS and look deeper, it's actually for my sake, so they don't suffer which will in turn make ME feel better and cause less suffering. I know this truth and it leaves an uncomfortable feeling inside like "is my LP a con". 

I've decided to not have children, my legacy will be the animals and their babies that will hopefully go on to live a happy and healthy life. The environment and the earth will also benefit. This LP is close to my heart but this feeling of selflessness is not sitting right with me. 

What would you do? What do people actually do? I mean is actualized.org for the benefit of the people ONLY and not Leo? Is all our life purposes for the sake of other wholeheartedly?? 

Life purpose is selfish thing but you do it for extarnal things in your case its animals, you are fine its not a fad...what is wildlife conversation ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Let's set the specific issue of being motivated by emotional sensitivity aside.

Look at it this way: would you enjoy this line of work?  If you would, then you'd be deriving pleasure from it, and so it would be selfish to some degree.

On the other hand, are you supposed to hate doing whatever it is you'd be doing, so that there's nothing in it for you even emotionally?  That would be pretty perverse, and how would you even persist unless you were masochistic?

So yeah, you can't escape the conundrum.

Unless you totally hate yourself, you better be enjoying (and hence deriving selfish benefit from) your work.

4 hours ago, Charlotte said:

BUT I do wonder if what I want to persue is selfish!?

By mentally going in the other direction. What if you could never help animals and decrease their suffering? Try to imagine that.

If you feel Resistance - or even the idea sounds horrible to you -, it is selfish at least to a certain degree.

But you can transcend that. Self-transcendence (the ultimate form of seeking Joy) is the most selfish thing there is ;)

Edited by Torkys

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

I think that all human actions (even helping others) are selfish because their ultimate goal is to make you happy

@Charlotte It is an inescapable fact of living the human experience that you will always be self-motivated. So, you will NEVER be able to extricate your desires from self-motivated concerns. It is just natural. Animals (and even plants to a certain extent) are all the same way. They are also designed to be primarily self-motivated. So, no matter what you do, you will always be self-focused even in your most altruistic intentions. 

However, because all is one, this self-focus makes perfect sense and isn't negative at all. So, the problem is not that you're self-focused... the problem is that you don't realize how extensive the self REALLY is. If you noticed that everything was 'yourself', then you would recognize that your desire to help animals is not only motivated by making yourself happy that the animals are better off... it is also motivated by the fact that the animals are you and you're doing something nice for yourself (a.k.a. God) through the animals.

Nothing is separate from self... so self motivation will be all encompassing.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

17 hours ago, Charlotte said:

What would you do? What do people actually do? I mean is actualized.org for the benefit of the people ONLY and not Leo? Is all our life purposes for the sake of other wholeheartedly?? 

17 hours ago, Charlotte said:

I start college on Tuesday. I'll be starting right at the bottom, studying maths and English GCSEs (what I should of gained in high school). 

i want to go on and study wildlife conservation. Animal welfare is close to my heart. 

BUT I do wonder if what I want to persue is selfish!? On the surface I want to help animals for their sake but strip away the BS and look deeper, it's actually for my sake, so they don't suffer which will in turn make ME feel better and cause less suffering. I know this truth and it leaves an uncomfortable feeling inside like "is my LP a con". 

I've decided to not have children, my legacy will be the animals and their babies that will hopefully go on to live a happy and healthy life. The environment and the earth will also benefit. This LP is close to my heart but this feeling of selflessness is not sitting right with me. 

I think it's mutual benefits, like balance between being selfless and at the same time selfish as well ;)

@NoSelfSelf very true. Thank you. Wildlife conservation is conserving wildlife and their habitat

@Haumea2018 very true thank you 

@Torkys Yes Torkys your right, imagining not doing anything whatsoever feels completely wrong, thanks for the alternative perspective. 

@Emne ?

@Feel Good Is he balls ?

Will you post a link to the video please? I tried to find it again but lost it.

@Emerald Amazing reply emerald! Thank you ? (keep up the good work with the videos, I love them). 

@Sunil Kumar Your also right, thank you. 

Thank you very much all. Completely changed my perspective ??

Hitler and Mother Theresa had the same driving force. To escape their pain and gain pleasure. In these cases one of them had to kill many people to escape his pain and gain his pleasure and the other one felt pain when someone suffered so It was the other way around, but all humans are driven by the same two forces - pain and pleasure. Everything you do is directly linked to those two forces, but what is important is the outcomes of your actions. And I look at life choices this way? Does It bringes me pleasure and removes suffering? No? Choose something else. Yes? Does It brings others pleasure and removes suffering? No? Choose something else. Yes? Go for It!

Don't overthink It, If you feel that you wan't It and you can contribute to others while doing It, go for It. I think your LP is wonderful and I wish all the best to make It happen.

@Charlotte not to sound cold but this is for you to figure out. You’re asking someone else ‘is my life purpose authentic to me?’ That’s like asking of me ‘can you interpret my thoughts for me?’ When the, whole problem with that is that you’re the only one that can discover that. No one else here can know you better than you. I’m not making claims regarding consciosness and enlightenment and all that because that’s just another way of you avoiding the responsibility and need to uncover this stuff for yourself. Don’t subject your duty of finding out what your relative role is to someone else. That’s your job, and quite a fun, exhilarating, yet tough job to have. 

Stop asking people to supply more ideas on what selfishness is, evil, good, etc. YOU need to discover that. Even if someone gave you the answers to this stuff (which they do all the time), it means absolutely nothing because that’s their answer (that they hopefully discovered for themselves too). 

Create the impact you want to have based on something you’re passionate about and do it. Even if you go through the life’s purpose course, at the end of the day, the questions you face aren’t rocket science. They’re simple questions and exercises that people don’t take the time to actually ask (much less answer) themselves outside of paying $250. 

Transform yourself and transcend your selfishness AS you pursue your LP.

@RabbitHole thanks for your reply. Amazing perspective ?

@kieranperez I actually fully agree, thanks for the reminder. Your absolutely right. The questions I've asked are answers I need to derive for myself and in turn will have a bigger more impactful meaning. I will contemplate on this Kieran, thank you my good man ?

Edited by Charlotte

Would you do it for free? If yes then it's ok it's a wonderful thing to do. 

Those you do not forgive you fear.