Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

558 posts in this topic

What the future holds for you depends on your state of consciousness now.  Eckhart Tolle

Anyone want to groom cute puppies as a life purpose? Sounds fun and makes good $. At least $50/grooming, much more than cutting human hair.

Not sure how to incorporate non-duality into this, but, you know, there is a saying, "If there's a will, there's a way."

SIA music.

Deep green and i feel that today she has maybe first signs of (a bit) yellow in her songs.

@DnoReally I just watched one episode of his and I'm already hooked. Thank you for that!

@Key Elements LOL, drunk bitches making out at the club is more like stage Orange :P

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

@Leo Gura ok, but this song is sung by a lot of LGBTQ singers, including my bi friend. He sings really nice. I wish I had that type of voice.

@Leo Gura hey Leo, if you make LGBTQ friends, and let's assume that you've made all musical friends who like to sing all different kinds of music. (Cause not everyone likes music.) I wonder if the two friends who are singing are likely to sing:

"I kissed a girl and I liked it..." 🎶🎤🎶

I think they're likely to sing it if one or both friends are not straight. This thought came to my mind.

This song also sounds like a person who just discovered that he/she is of a different sexual orientation, or, a person of two sexual orientations. (For instance, he/she is both gay and transgender.)

Ok, I didn't really hear the first few lines of the song, "I got so brave, drink in hand...lost my intention..." So, you're probably right. However, I find it has double meanings, esp when gay guys sing it.

Hey I was thinking about stage Green and the values of empathy and compassion while still being primarily in the sustenance level. So I was wondering did the Ted Kaczynski (Unabomber) manifesto in part describe origins of the receptivity to this stage in his attack on leftism? Perhaps the part of Green that is still in level 1, as I seem to remember the cut/off point to level 2 was in the high stage of Green.

He attributed leftism to oversocialization, which causes unbearable guilt, and feelings of inferiority, which leads us to identify with positions of lack.

The two psychological tendencies that underlie modern leftism we call "feelings of inferiority" and "oversocialization." Feelings of inferiority are characteristic of modern leftism as a whole, while oversocialization is characteristic only of a certain segment of modern leftism; but this segment is highly influential.

[...]

Some people are so highly socialized that the attempt to think, feel and act morally imposes a severe burden on them. In order to avoid feelings of guilt, they continually have to deceive themselves about their own motives and find moral explanations for feelings and actions that in reality have a nonmoral origin.

[...]

The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests. Leftists are antagonistic to genetic explanations of human abilities or behavior because such explanations tend to make some persons appear superior or inferior to others. Leftists prefer to give society the credit or blame for an individual's ability or lack of it. Thus if a person is "inferior" it is not his fault, but society's, because he has not been brought up properly.

[...]

His feelings of inferiority are so ingrained that he cannot conceive of himself as individually strong and valuable. Hence the collectivism of the leftist. He can feel strong only as a member of a large organization or a mass movement with which he identifies himself.

I won't speculate too much on Ted Kaczynski himself, but he comes off as a systems thinker to me. Perhaps he felt conflicted integrating stage Green as he was so isolated and on the outside, but not in a way that Green valued, so that his original, probably long-lost wish to belong turned to hate.

@cypres Don't quote me on this, but I think I remember reading that Ted was a very smart college student in some sort of STEM program who was abducted and given all sorts of powerful hallucinogens by the CIA as part of MKULTRA, which fucked him up bad. Had this never happened, the odds of him becoming an anti-industrial terrorist would've been significantly smaller. 

@Apparition of JackI forgot that he was anti-industrialist. But I don't believe he was below Orange, I guess his Orange expressions were more in academic excellence then. I've heard he was brainwashed as well. First praised and encouraged, then broken down in crushing ways.

And I think the way in which he was lead to snap necessarily affected his spiral development. Those experiments I would say were Orange using Orange (ranking him highly, then belittling his thoughts) and Green (accept and inclusion, then being cast out and alienated) means.