riplo

One big question for gurus

120 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, cetus56 said:

@Faceless The same between you and Dali. Can you paint your insights as good as you can put them into words? :)

Ah, heavens no?

To many broken fingers. Warrior hands lol 

Edited by Faceless

4 minutes ago, robdl said:

Indeed. The false “I” and accumulated experience/psychological time are a single, unitary movement. Any distinction made between them is made by ego/thought.

Right.:)

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

Ah, heavens no?

@Faceless You paint your pictures with words. Nothing wrong with that!:)

@SOUL You're back!

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

You paint your pictures with words. Nothing wrong with that!:)

Action & words, indeed. :)

AS DO YOU MY FRIEND??

Edited by Faceless

hey @cetus56, that image of the metal gate you've posted in the past, where did you get that from?  That exact image has come up in meditation before.

45 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Indeed, friend. Prospecting enlightenment, pursuit of the abstraction, away from what is, (the fact), being a perpetuation of time as the i, “the self”. 

Or as you say attachment or clinging to personafication. 

Time doesn't require our perception of it to be perpetuated, but our perception of time, as linear instances of happenings is what creates our experience of the 'self' in consciousness.

25 minutes ago, robdl said:

Communication on here is impossible without some common ground on words. If I use seeker to mean false self and you use seeker to mean unconditioned awareness, we’re going to confuse each other’s intent and other people reading will be confused.

Such is the nature of expression, so be it.

27 minutes ago, Faceless said:

I think @robdl is referring to it as a single unitary movement as the self, (time-identification).  

And the awareness is referring to seeing the whole of that movement as actually one movement in motion. 

When you start talking about movement I don't know what you mean. I've asked you to explain it before and your explanation was even less revealing so I'm not going to be able to reply with anything useful. My apologies.

14 minutes ago, robdl said:

hey @cetus56, that image of the metal gate you've posted in the past, where did you get that from?  That exact image has come up in meditation before.

@robdl That one is my artistic expression of awakening through the use of photography. "The Gateless-gate of ego death". Glad you found it familiar in some way.  I've seen it too in meditation even before the photo was taken.:) 

28 minutes ago, robdl said:

Indeed. The false “I” and accumulated experience/psychological time are a single, unitary movement. Any distinction made between them is made by ego/thought.

Any distinction is made by awareness of them, ego wants to collectivize it into self identity. Though, by being aware of the distinction in them we can be clear of entanglements to it.

11 minutes ago, SOUL said:

as linear instances of happenings is what creates our experience of the 'self' in consciousness.

Indeed.

11 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Time doesn't require our perception

Simply put, “Time” & “our perception”, being one and the same movement of identification with thought. 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, SOUL said:

When you start talking about movement I don't know what you mean. I've asked you to explain it before and your explanation was even less revealing so I'm not going to be able to reply with anything useful. My apologies.

movement as in the process of mind/thought-self/ego as it reacts/fragments/divides/seeks within itself. 

4 minutes ago, robdl said:

movement as in the process of mind/thought-self/ego as it reacts/fragments/divides/seeks within itself. 

Or

Movement as phenomenon. 

Edited by Faceless

Guys, seriously it's all about finding your meditation fit, once you find it - transition to non-dual awareness is quick and it doesn't take years or decades

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

3 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Any distinction is made by awareness of them, ego wants to collectivize it into self identity. Though, by being aware of the distinction in them we can be clear of entanglements to it.

The movement of thought conjures a false "I" that "thinks" it is separate/distinct from "its" experiences, memories - "My" memories, "my" experiences, and so on.  But in fact, it is one single, unitary movement of thought/experience/memory.  One self-feeding thought-loop.

3 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Simply put, “Time” & “our perception”, being one and the same movement of identification with thought.

"Time" and our "perception of time" are distinct from each other but both contribute to the manifestation of self in our consciousness.....whether we think it or not. There are other animals with a naturally occurring self identity but there is no conclusive evidence that they have 'thought' like we do.

2 minutes ago, robdl said:

But in fact, it is one single, unitary movement of thought/experience/memory.  One self-feeding thought-loop.

One very persistent loop indeed⭕️

1 minute ago, SOUL said:

"Time" and our "perception of time" are distinct from each other but both contribute to the manifestation of self in our consciousness.....whether we think it or not. There are other animals with a naturally occurring self identity but there is no conclusive evidence that they have 'thought' like we do.

I think you will see what we mean soon by all this.