SoonHei

Question about the proper use of "staying in the NOW"

18 posts in this topic

i try to embody the STAY IN THE NOW and BEING PRESENT concepts in my day to day life

so yesterday, i was with a friend and we got high in downtown area of the city

a quick important fact: so this friend likes to keep his getting high affairs very private. and does not want anyone he knows to find out - other than a select few he shares the experience with.

so when we got high and it started kicking in, my friend became very paranoid, wondering WHAT IF we see someone we know, who will then see that we are high, see our red eyes, the smell etc (we had sprayed perfume, also eye drops to make the redness go away) but he was also worried about how he will talk/act in-front of them IF we were to bump-into someone

i tried using that chance to explain that CROSS THAT BRIDGE WHEN WE GET THERE

but it didn't work lol

so at the end, the whole of his 2-3 hours we spent walking about, eating, chilling were spent in fear/paranoia vs me, i was 100% carefree and in the NOW. not projecting or worrying about what was to come. just being present

after the fact today when i spoke with him and explained that look, nothing happened at all. we didn't bump into anyone we knew or none of his what-ifs occurred. but thinking about them, he just made his current experience at the time not very enjoyable as it was full of fear.

but he asked me one question to which i am not sure how to respond appropriately 

he said what if in his case we did meet someone we knew, say a family member or family friend who may tell his parents or whatever (as i said, he is very private about this getting high affair)

so he said, what would we say then? is worrying not equal to having a plan or idea as to what to say when something DOES happen so you are prepared for it?

vs just being stuck not knowing what to say etc etc

so if I am just staying in the NOW... am I leaving myself unprepared for a negative event unforeseen by me?

what could i have told him about how he could just be in the NOW and not worry and STILL be prepared and OK in terms of what to do/say if that unfavorable event was to present itself?

i personally like to think / believe that by NOT thinking about something / being in the NOW you are also stopping that un-thought-of event from manifesting... as our thoughts/mind manifest what we expect or think or worry about

so is this how on the higher level staying truly in the NOW helps? because all you think about is positive/happy stuff and nothing negative occurs for you and that way you aint gotta worry about any preparedness because what can you really prepare for? an infinite amount of things can happen to you at anytime, can you be prepared for all of them?

we may not be able to be prepared for everything that happens to us but we can control what DOES happen to us but only thinking about the positive and using that good ol law of attraction to only get that positive for which it just needs to be lived thru and no action/contingency plan needs to be thought up 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

good thing i got some content from yesterday to bump this thing with

during my high and mini-contemplation which followed, i discovered yesterday that each minor variations of our states are nothing but thought states

even me - myself, what I think I am. the common notion of the "I" we think each of us are is just the THOUGHT OF IT

i noticed this as i was staring in the mirror and i realized that i often do different voices/pranks in public.. like if i am at a drive-thru ordering something or jusst random person in the mall, asking a question, for shits/giggles. i just do an accept, different voice or whatever ( i know, lame, and pointless - but isn't eveything pointless :) ) so anyways. this was just so clear to me

and then i thought, while i had this quick realization, that what exactly am I. like the default me... that's just the state/thoughts that i carry with me for the majority of the time, nothing more. its just collection of memory of thoughts which define the what the common notion of each of us is

so during this, i felt and saw and understood that the "gap" between the thoughts is what I just am. i had a step-above realization to my previous,
ever-changing notion/understanding of our eternal nature . it is the GAP of just BLANKNESS between each thoughts

but normally. that GAP is overlooked either because we cannot stay in that NOWNESS very long before our thoughts come in

i also think after a certain degree of understanding, it is better (or at least was yesterday) to have eyes open and just look into the blankness of your room while "focusing" on this thought

i can tell if that sight of my room coupled with an end of the thought stream - i would just BE and that would have given me that glimpse...

but i couldnt get my thought stream to end ... however the realiazation of what I think I am was very clear and understood to be just thoughts after thoughts and memory of thoughts all appearing in the NOW

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei Delicious man. Great share stoner. Jk. 

Breathe from the stomach all day. Thoughts arise, return focus to breathing from the stomach. The gaps get bigger, and then samadhi. Then a thought is never experienced quite the same again. Doing this even for just one full day is life changing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@SoonHei The simplicity is elusive, because even as I say to only breathe from your stomach, you are already thinking.    

Just.    Breathe.     From your stomach.     Period.    

Notice thoughts arise, and notice your attention went to the thought, and return your attention to breathing from your stomach. Let. Thought. Go.

Stay with it all day, and you might get a glimpse of the power of your attention. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 8/28/2018 at 3:16 AM, SoonHei said:

i personally like to think / believe that by NOT thinking about something / being in the NOW you are also stopping that un-thought-of event from manifesting... as our thoughts/mind manifest what we expect or think or worry about

so is this how on the higher level staying truly in the NOW helps? because all you think about is positive/happy stuff and nothing negative occurs for you and that way you aint gotta worry about any preparedness because what can you really prepare for? an infinite amount of things can happen to you at anytime, can you be prepared for all of them?

we may not be able to be prepared for everything that happens to us but we can control what DOES happen to us but only thinking about the positive and using that good ol law of attraction to only get that positive for which it just needs to be lived thru and no action/contingency plan needs to be thought up 

Could we say - What was previously considered negative may still happen but as nothing negative happens, it is positive.

Then we could say - Without the negative, no need for the positive.

Then - What need for control.

@SoonHei

I never read power of now but I have watched tolle a lot before. He does go into psychological time and attention. It would be hard to understand faceless and robdl if I wouldn’t have understood tolle first. I don’t know if you understand those dudes yet but maybe tolle will pave the way to help you get what they are saying:)

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River yes, i have seen their posts. quite in depth and they have a different spin on their approach vs the other common themes i have seen.

i guess i'll give Tolle a little bit of listen and then weigh the understandings later. thank you.

Love Is The Answer

1 minute ago, SoonHei said:

@Jack River yes, i have seen their posts. quite in depth and they have a different spin on their approach vs the other common themes i have seen.

i guess i'll give Tolle a little bit of listen and then weigh the understandings later. thank you.

Fosho dude. :D

I downloaded this a while back from another channel,but it got erased by YT or the owner. So,i'm putting it back up on my temporary channel. If you like it,(it's really good imo),download it while you can for future reference. They will most likely take it down again.

Edited by Big Guru Balls

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

For me, being present isn’t about attaining a certain feeling or experience. Rather than trying to control my current experience, I’ve found it better to simply be aware of whatever is happening. So, being aware that my mind-body is experiencing anxiety is being in the now. It’s about allowing everything to be just as it is in the present moment. 

Being ,is always Now. Being means "empty of I-ness/self" . Continuously being /resting in the timeless moment of Now.
To BE, is to "be with" /non-resistant, to whatever arises outwardly, moment to moment.
Inwardly, one is empty of I-ness/self, the stillness of being in the timeless now. While outward phenomena/actions/movements,arise and dissolve moment to moment. Inward stillness, meeting with outward movement/phenomena, with dispassion.

The "next moment" never exists. One can inquire at this moment "what will I experience next" or "what will be my next experience" . Mind can't go there, unless imagination/thought starts.
Some useful inquiry could be something like"who or what, is experiencing this moment right now?"   "who or what ,experiences a "next moment"?

Edited by who chit

@Big Guru Balls thank you

@Serotoninluv @who chit  thanks <3

12 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

So, being aware that my mind-body is experiencing anxiety is being in the now. It’s about allowing everything to be just as it is in the present moment. 

surrender in other words yes. i tried this practice . it is powerful. but i am not yet at that level to be doing this for everytthing. #OneStepAtATime :) 

Love Is The Answer

Its important to really see the truth that there is only a movement anxiety. Its not my anxiety. This division keeps strengthening itself. When this is seen totally it ends instantly. Quite amazing dude. When this happens all these practices or contemplations are pointless. The pattern of division dudes. 

Edited by Jack River

@Jack River when the movement of anxiety is seen to be an impersonal movement?

Is that what you're saying?

Also, is what you are saying here a different face of truth vs coming to the realization that there is no "I" ? 

2 hours ago, Jack River said:

When this is seen totally it ends instantly. Quite amazing dude. When this happens all these practices or contemplations are pointless

This means ego death? End of seeking?

Or a level much below yet still very profound step up?

Love Is The Answer