MrDmitriiV

The Origin of Thoughts

13 posts in this topic

Yesterday I had another profound Neti-Neti practice. 

5 min: Basic inquiry, reminding myself from first hand experience that "I" is a collection of different thoughts.

10 min: I noticed two types of thoughts: Classical (like the ones accompanied by inner voice) and Maya inducing thoughts (the thoughts which try to disguise themselves as "outside reality/world" and "inner mind" which are thoughts but NOT "obvious perceptions of reality".

15+ min: My intuition guided me to focus on the nothingness state, it was outrageously clear how "I" disappears together with the elimination of Maya inducing thoughts. For example, when I get rid of thoughts of past and future (the ones with inner voice) my mind immediately focuses on "hey, your body is here in this world" sensations/thoughts, "this stillness is inside your mind". To make Maya even stronger, it focuses on body sensations as to affirm it's own existence in the absence of classical thoughts.

However, it was possible to focus on complete nothingness in short bursts (back and forth from Maya to No-Maya). Which made clear the Grand Illusion.

A question arose, where are thoughts coming from? Where are they taking place?

I realized that everything is thoughts, coming from thoughts and taking place inside thoughts. Fucking mind-blowing. 

After the practice I just laid on the floor in awe and astonishment of how "clever" the illusion is. Like Leo said, the most perfect illusion of all.

Also after the practice, I simply couldn't "grasp" the "obvious" definition of self. I had a scared faced, eyes wide open, simply shocked...

PS By "everything" I mean stuff from the relative level, which impose upon the raw manifest of realm (non-dual).

Edited by MrDmitriiV

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

2 minutes ago, MrDmitriiV said:

I realized that everything is thoughts, coming from thoughts and taking place inside thoughts. Fucking mind-blowing. 

@MrDmitriiV Bingo!!! I'm so happy for you!

In your realization, have you seen the connection between Maya-inducing thoughts and meaning?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

In your realization, have you seen the connection between Maya-inducing thoughts and meaning?

That's something I'll contemplate on)))

Edited by MrDmitriiV

On 8/24/2018 at 6:27 AM, tsuki said:

@MrDmitriiV Bingo!!! I'm so happy for you!

What is meaning without thoughts? 

12 hours ago, cirkussmile said:

What is meaning without thoughts? 

What do you mean by thought?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Damn, thats interesting.

So are you saying that the kind of subjective reality we experience is all thought induced?

Like is the ”physical” realm also made out of thoughts? Or just all the definitions and meanings and backstory we attach to it?

Great op @MrDmitriiV .

7 hours ago, MarkusR said:

Like is the ”physical” realm also made out of thoughts?

Would it help if we called them visualisations...

15 hours ago, MarkusR said:

Damn, thats interesting.

So are you saying that the kind of subjective reality we experience is all thought induced?

Like is the ”physical” realm also made out of thoughts? Or just all the definitions and meanings and backstory we attach to it?

The physical realm (body & world) are Maya inducing thoughts.

It's extremely hard to see the sneaky illusory side of our perceptions and senses, they feel real, yet they're just thoughts (AKA the mind) coming from thoughts (AKA past, present and future) and taking place inside thoughts (AKA the reality).

@MrDmitriiV wow feels so great ! Good work... feel happy for you ! What is MAYA by the way??

?IngitScooby ?

Language is created to simplify life. Can there be toughts without language? It's solely a human invention and we use it to describe reality and ourselves taking it to be the actual reality, in truth it is not. Toughts help navigate life but cannot give an apsolute correct interpretation of what reality is, what I am, what another is. What we call reality are toughts (the mind), this is a very important realization.

Beyond the mind lies emptiness, stillness, and nothingness, the true nature of reality. The mind is empty and there is no more interpretation of what reality is, you become it. And this is what the ego is afraid of, emptiness. Because it goes beyond toughts and language. Beyond illusion and delusion, which is basically all we have been taught, basically what all toughts are other than navigating life.