Itay Spiegel

What is the absolute?

15 posts in this topic

Leo talks a lot in his videos about the absolute. about grasping it or glimpsing it. what does it mean? 

i had a time in my life when litterally everything seemed magical, i felt like everything is possible for me, and i had such a huge appreciation towards life and everything in it. i also had a lot of energy. it's when i really got into personal development and things started getting real for me. it was huge. i also had various metaphysical experiences- i walked down the street and looked at everything with absolute silence- saw that everything is nothing. it was like everything flipped 180 degrees for me. i also walked with astonishment around the city looking at how everything was beutiful. was that a kind of me getting a glimps to the absolute? 

The absolute is unmoving, unchanging, can not be perceived or experienced. It is the stillness underneath everything. Everything you perceive vibrates, the absolute is absolutely still. It comes before space and time.

The mind can not understand the absolute, all these concepts have only one purpose, to quiet the mind.

The less thought patterns are solidified in your sphere of presence, the more the underlying stillness shines through. In the example above it seems like you momentarily dropped a bunch of your concepts and you felt the infinity and the completeness of your true nature.

To experience it again you have to drop that experience. Stop longing for it to come back. It's paradoxical, the less you want it the more you have it.

Stop all thoughts, all conceptualisation. You are stillness with a bunch of thought patterns on top. The more thought patterns you are attached to the denser the vibration in your body, the less you will perceive the stillness.

:x

2 minutes ago, No-Thing said:

The absolute is unmoving, unchanging, can not be perceived or experienced. It is the stillness underneath everything. Everything you perceive vibrates, the absolute is absolutely still. It comes before space and time.

The mind can not understand the absolute, all these concepts have only one purpose, to quiet the mind.

The less thought patterns are solidified in your sphere of presence, the more the underlying stillness shines through. In the example above it seems like you momentarily dropped a bunch of your concepts and you felt the infinity and the completeness of your true nature.

To experience it again you have to drop that experience. Stop longing for it to come back. It's paradoxical, the less you want it the more you have it.

Stop all thoughts, all conceptualisation. You are stillness with a bunch of thought patterns on top. The more thought patterns you are attached to the denser the vibration in your body, the less you will perceive the stillness.

:x

Good post. B|

"What is the absolute?" What is now? 

Take that shift in your train ? of thoughts ?. See what comes up... Then ask what those things are. 

The absolute is a groundless concept, nothing major about that because basically everything is a groundless concept. When you said that you saw everything as nothing I imagine that you're referring to meaninglessness and if so then that experience alone should have shared some light on what the absolute is...and that's nothing ( not of information / existence) but the mind will ofcourse cling to that concept because it's in its nature to be informative, that's how we function. We always want to make sense of things, to know things while this truth is not something to be known or experienced. 

It's simply something to be...what it is...as it is. 

Absolute is no thing...no I, no you, no we, no consciousness, no mind, no high, no low, no energy, no matter, no shape, no seeing, no perception,......shh! Freeezz...

4 hours ago, Itay Spiegel said:

Leo talks a lot in his videos about the absolute. about grasping it or glimpsing it. what does it mean? 

i had a time in my life when litterally everything seemed magical, i felt like everything is possible for me, and i had such a huge appreciation towards life and everything in it. i also had a lot of energy. it's when i really got into personal development and things started getting real for me. it was huge. i also had various metaphysical experiences- i walked down the street and looked at everything with absolute silence- saw that everything is nothing. it was like everything flipped 180 degrees for me. i also walked with astonishment around the city looking at how everything was beutiful. was that a kind of me getting a glimps to the absolute? 

@Itay Spiegel Inner silence. When we stop the mind, we stop the world. Then everything becomes clearly seen.

The absolute is. . .

Any word, concept, belief, idea one adds after “is” above is within absolute. 

4 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

The absolute is. . .

Any word, concept, belief, idea one adds after “is” above is within absolute. 

As I understand it, even duality is within the absolute. Duality is nothing more then a subset within absolute reality aka non duality. Impossible for mind to grasp, but I think I have heard Leo say this. But the realisation of this is outside of the (analytical) mind 

Off topic, 

I respect your decision yesterday, I just wanted to say that I took that information from Stefan Molyneux, who is somewhat a respected philosopher on youtube, he talks sometimes about races and differences, how every race has weaknesses and strenghts. 

But maybe I shouldn't trust everything I hear.

Now I explained at least, that's the important thing. I'm the least racist person one can imagine. 

Btw, I can't send PM's since a month back or so, do you know what that is about. I can answer PM's though. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

On 8/21/2018 at 5:38 AM, No-Thing said:

The absolute is moving, changing, can be perceived and experienced.

Prove me.it is not, even a car that moves, its absolute existence is evident, at that moment until it explodes and puff, even the absolute fact of its existence gets destroyed and cease to exist.

That's the absolute. The rest is Parmenides woo, and Parmenides is an age old idelogy that was debunked and debunked and debunked centuries ago. Even at the most absolute quantum level of existence, or beyond any of this, it will cease to exist.

Reality is outside consciousness and mind, be glad, at least if you have a soul when you die you keep on, because things like cars or stuff in the Universe are not and will never remain forever. 

Edited by SarahFernandes

Absolute =❤️

I AM Absolute. 

(you will piss off Jed☺️, yeah I know well he offered to be punching bag☺️)