SoonHei

Where are the PAST and FUTURE stored?

27 posts in this topic

I think I took a few steps higher today in my understanding of the NOT-TWO teaching.

More specifically about the ONENESS...

I never really paid attention to what the ONENESS was being referred to and finally got (more deeper than before) that it is the ONENESS of my experience.

That the 5+ senses I have all combine in this empty container which I am and play out as a single one (not-two) experience - this includes the part "inside" of me which is my thoughts,feelings,sensations etc and thereby destroying the duality.

Now I get that there is ONLY the NOW.

But I have trouble with the understanding of the PAST and FUTURE which are said to be non-existent and illusory.

It is also said that all of eternity already IS - in that, even though past/future are illusory, they are EXISTING somewhere

is it kind of like this: my NOT-TWO experience moves along a set, already present and fixed "timeline" and if zoomed out, it can be seen as a video clip on VLC or whichever player which as the CURRENT time marker but you can drag and move around the timeline to view a certain part of the video. or a book, which is already written but I am on a certain page number right now... ?

just trying to understand how it is both said past/future are an illusion yet at the same time it is said that past/future exist always from the God's/ONENESS level point of view.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Just now, SoonHei said:

But I have trouble with the understanding of the PAST and FUTURE which are said to be non-existent and illusory.

When do PAST and FUTURE occur?
Aren't they thoughts with certain qualities that occur in the now?

Since reality is an illusion, it follows that illusion is reality.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

7 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Aren't they thoughts with certain qualities that occur in the now?

so what does it mean that PAST/FUTURE already exist for eternity ?

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei Am I supposed to answer your question?
What do you mean by past and future?

Let me guide you.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

hmmm

i guess by past / future 

i presume its due to my conditioning I tend to think (though i know it likely isn't this way) that the past / future as a whole of an experience ARE / CAN BE known by something / by the HIGHER SELF consciousness...

this question is mostly stemming from testimonials i have read from those who have had breakthrough experience on dmt or awakening experience in general where they say past/future ALREADY ARE EXISTING. always are, for eternity, in each moment.

i like to think of this construct of our reality (though i know it is made of consiouness) but i like to think of it as a "physical" cosntruct in which the consiouness point can move about .. so that way, I guess there is a section in this "physical" construct inside of consiouness where I "was" yesterday and have now moved / passed that section and am where I am NOW.. really, in each moment, i am moving thru the consiouiness from past to future on the BOAT OF NOW.

think frame by frame of a video clip... for reality. i know there are technically INFINTE frames between two moments of NOW... but that's how i see past/future as FRAMES (not 2d on a computer screen, but 3d real life frames) which we "move" thru on the passing NOW... 

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHei Think of it as a book, all pages are there all the time, but you can only experience reading one page. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@SoonHei You just went to fairyland.
You are treating yourself as a receiver of the cosmic waves of consciousness that move through time.
Where do these ideas come from? Where do you store them? Can you focus your attention in the now and point your finger at them?
Do not create justifications for your beliefs.

Prior to you writing this story, where did the story reside?

@MarkusSweden but those other pages

In the past and future

Then that means that there is a way to access them in the "now" or I can flip back and forth as the book is all, already there? Sure, one page at a time, but I can read ahead, pick a page and experience/read that.. ?

Is that only from let's say the author's view... Vs me the character on the single reading page only?

The author knows all! Author/Creator/God/One 

Woah, that kinda clicked for me there. But again, does this author concept apply to reality?

Love Is The Answer

5 minutes ago, tsuki said:

You are treating yourself as a receiver of the cosmic waves of consciousness that move through time.

i guess that seems to be my current experience... 

how should i approach it instead.. or how do YOU approach it in your experience @tsuki ?

Love Is The Answer

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

how should i approach it instead.. or how do YOU approach it in your experience @tsuki ?

Exactly the way I'm doing it with you here. Asking questions and honestly trying to answer them.
Do you actually feel like a receiver of consciousness? Or did you just make it up because it felt right?

3 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Or did you just make it up because it felt right?

i cant fully see how. but i am sure this is what happened... 

i think it's really a switch of prespective... 

like if i am in a car and i see my friend who is sitting on a bench as a i drive by. in my prespective, i am still and my freind is moving

his relative prespective, he's still and i am moving..

but here, we are talking about THE ABSOLUTE prespective... and now as i wrote this, the complete stillness thought came to mind. the TRUE prespective is abolsutely still . all else moves thru it.

i am that no-thing, stillness which is un-moving and is looking at all the contents passing thru it.. ? so in a way, i suppose i am receiver/observer of the contents of consiouness but am completelty empty myself

Love Is The Answer

i think it's really a switch of prespective... 
like if i am in a car and i see my friend who is sitting on a bench as a i drive by. in my prespective, i am still and my freind is moving
his relative prespective, he's still and i am moving..

@SoonHei That is a very good analogy.
When you think in terms of relativity of motion - who is moving? Are you moving, or is your friend moving?
Or is it perhaps that motion and stillness are just a result of perspective? That they are in fact the same thing from within your analogy?

but here, we are talking about THE ABSOLUTE prespective... and now as i wrote this, the complete stillness thought came to mind. the TRUE prespective is abolsutely still . all else moves thru it.

i am that no-thing, stillness which is un-moving and is looking at all the contents passing thru it.. ? so in a way, i suppose i am receiver/observer of the contents of consiouness but am completelty empty myself

Given your excellent analogy with a train, why is it that consciousness is something that does not move at all?
Isn't it that motion and stillness are just a result of a perspective?
What if you can observe consciousness by yourself simply by recognizing its constant, never-changing movement?

Your signature is also an excellent reference point for this discussion.

If we return to past and future, can it possibly be that these two things are actually one thing from a certain perspective?

41 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Isn't it that motion and stillness are just a result of a perspective?

41 minutes ago, tsuki said:

If we return to past and future, can it possibly be that these two things are actually one thing from a certain perspective?

I think you hit the nail sqaure on the head with these two

I guess the reason why I came up and likely may again come up with the type of question I asked is because when I look back on my life. It's always been about space, science, enistein etc

I tend to think of it in those terms

But it seems, the way u clarified it. The perspective matters and it can help clear out many thing and also understand it

Unsure if science or facts have led to enlightenment but I wouldn't mind this approach

Anyhow, seems like the work to be done is still inwards...

Thank you @tsuki

Love Is The Answer

Everything does exist concurrently under now spacetime only.  ‘Now you see it, now you don’t’ – that is an observation by mind consciousness for the so-called becoming process in the dependent nature.  The projectile movement of time as often experienced by our mind consciousness is purely due to relativity that is arising out of the varying vibrational frequencies.  As a result, we tend to perceive things a little bit linearly, thus creating the delusion of past, present and future movement of time.  The conventional time that we involve ourselves with every day is a subjective-cum-relative time.  This means the time orientation is dependent on the observer i.e. the subject’s mind consciousness to provide the valuation on the other side of the object or matter.  As a consequence, the time conclusion varies among different observers or minds.   

Just like the gravity effects on earth for all different masses are the same (acceleration value, g = 9.80 m/s2) even though the rock strikes the ground before the feather per se.  However, the common pace of now spacetime is unconjecturable and it is mainly due to emptiness i.e. its inherent nature of beginning-less and end-less.  For example, despite the vast differences in the cultural development, the time zone and the locality, a Bushman in Africa and a modern businessman in America are both living concurrently in the 21st century under a common pace of now spacetime.  Literally, we could not discriminate or differentiate them by saying that the Bushman is from the past time and the modern businessman is a person living in the future time.  The distinguishing factor among them and their respective surroundings is merely their variable vibrational frequencies. 

In the dependent nature, the mind consciousness is known as the perceiver, whereas, the object or matter is known as the perceived.  It is the perceiver’s mind as a non-physical faculty integrating with the five physical faculties namely, eyes, ears, nose, tongue and body that provides the observation and the interpretation, thus the arising of the conditional phenomena.  If the vibrational frequencies of the perceiver are lower than the perceived, the cascading events are deemed impossible.  In other words, the object’s frequency span must transpire within the purview of the subject’s frequency horizon; without it, the observation would be impossible. 

Moreover, the fluctuating vibrational frequencies of all things are just in every corner of now spacetime.   Therefore, one does not need to look up or look down or anywhere in searching for the past memories, the different planes of existence, etc. because it could appear right next to a tweak of frequencies, just like how one tweaks on the radio or television channels.  And a wormhole as the linkage between different paradigms is embedded just within the innate mind consciousness per se. 

Once again, time would always arise at the present state of condition and the navigation of the future into any intended directions should begin right here, right now.  Future reality is nothing but a victorious expression of vibrational frequency competitions in Mother Nature.   Frequency is described as the rate at which something occurs or is repeated over a particular period of time.  This means the onus of sustaining the future reality lies on the party who asserts it i.e. the respective traits of consciousness.  Just like a competition of seed sowing and growing whereby any gardener that becomes the first person to turn the seed from dormancy into a living thing would win the race.  In other words, future reality is all about endless possibilities and it is dependent on the present state of condition all the time.  

In short, the past condition is nothing but memories or bygones and the future condition is nothing but chances-cum-endless possibilities.  The remaining present condition is something that one could do just right by steering the future destiny into the anticipated courses.

12 hours ago, Naturalist said:

Moreover, the fluctuating vibrational frequencies of all things are just in every corner of now spacetime.   Therefore, one does not need to look up or look down or anywhere in searching for the past memories, the different planes of existence, etc. because it could appear right next to a tweak of frequencies, just like how one tweaks on the radio or television channels. 

wow - this here was powerful for me. thank you. 

12 hours ago, Naturalist said:

For example, despite the vast differences in the cultural development, the time zone and the locality, a Bushman in Africa and a modern businessman in America are both living concurrently in the 21st century under a common pace of now spacetime.  Literally, we could not discriminate or differentiate them by saying that the Bushman is from the past time and the modern businessman is a person living in the future time.  The distinguishing factor among them and their respective surroundings is merely their variable vibrational frequencies. 

this was great also. wow, that is so effin true. 

this helps paint a good picture on the simultaneous existence of what we may call past/present/future all TOGETHER in the NOW.

thank you for taking the time to explain @Naturalist <3 

Love Is The Answer

Leo said the past, the present, and the future all exist simultaneously. This sounds like some sort of database.

Past and future are concepts occurring in the now.

The problem is that the ego-mind is trying to understand how/what the now is, and to do so, it creates concepts.

The ego-mind is busy trying to demystify the now, but in fact, the now is mystical and it is a wrong move to try to demystify it. In an attempt to demystify it, ideas like past and future get created, which lead to a false understanding.

So the counter-intuitive move to surrender to the fact that the now is literally magic, without a past or future.

Notice that past and future are posited because otherwise the mind just cannot accept the raw truth that the now is here all by itself. That would be too eerie, too woo-woo for the ego-mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You're assuming a computer metaphor and placing that on top of BE-ing.  The Past is the Present.  The Future is the Present.  Gimme a future that's also not a present.  Gimme a past that's also not a present.

Edited by Joseph Maynor