Pernani

What are your motivations for enlightenment?

11 posts in this topic

I think we can all agree that enlightenment is one of the most challenging, if not the most challenging thing you can aspire to.

I'm just very curious to know, what pushes you through when you're frustrated and thinking about giving up and pursuing something else instead ?

SOME MUSINGS ON ENLIGHTENMENT

Enlightenment causes a tremendous decrease in suffering by dis-engaging with the Mind.  Now, when things happen to me, even bad things, I just naturally figure out what I'm gonna do about it, I don't get wrapped up in the Egoic thoughts that the Mind kicks up.  It's that increased Awareness that makes Enlightenment amazing.  It's a letting go of being pushed around by the Mind.  When you no longer have an emotional dog in the fight, you can just watch yourself take the next logical decision that advances your Life Purpose.  Basically, you kinda become so energetically strong that nothing can even effect you, even physical death.  You'll watch your experience go through the dying process and watch the mind kick up all kinds of emotions.  But all that is just more experience.  You are the Awareness of all that experience.  Enlightenment gives you huge immunity from suffering.  You just let the Universe BE and surrender to that in the moment without pre-judgments or pre-expectations.  You just let things happen however the Universe wants them to happen, and you're ok with whatever that experience is.  There's no need to take anything personally in life at all.  Of course, you'll still watch yourself take things personally.  But your Awareness is so keen post-Enlightenment that you'll usually quickly let that go in the moment.  You might watch yourself surrender to Ego, and if that happens, surrender to BE-ing that.  BE-ing is not about control.  BE-ing is not about judging or placing any kinds of expectations at all on experience.  Enlightenment causes huge emotional mastery.  This is because there is no Self there anymore that's identifying with the Mind or with emotions.  Everything is simply allowed to BE in the moment as it is.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Pernani said:

I think we can all agree that enlightenment is one of the most challenging, if not the most challenging thing you can aspire to.

Paradoxically, it's also one of the simplest, easiest things. It's always here and now. We don't need to go anywhere or do anything. Unless we do. And most of us do (including myself).

@Pernani It's changed a lot. To begin with, it was curiosity (sparked by this one deep sense of "yes, of course no-self is true") mixed with a hint of all these great promises of no more fear etc. Then it was an egoic desire for all the things that people spout about (manifestation, special powers, etc.) - wanting to be special. Then it became about my own pain: life became very, very painful - mostly due to actions I had taken - and I didn't want to experience that any more. Then it became about truth vs false beliefs (which is very much linked to pain/suffering) - a deep drive to eliminate false belief from my mind/self/existence. Now, it's about being able to see how much of my life/self is based on illusion, and the need to eliminate all illusion and falseness from my life/self/existence. 

As regards pushing through, I have quit this work many times. Yet I've always come back. Why? I think that first spark, that "yes, of course this is true," leaves me little choice. It feels like I have to do this. Even if I try to stop, I can't: I keep thinking on it, keep returning to it. Like a drug, an addiction. I don't think I have a choice. 

I want to have real genuine fun and feel really genuinely good

I thought I was a human born on a planet, but turned out there's a lot more to who I am and thus there's a lot more to being genuine and real

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

4 hours ago, Pernani said:

I'm just very curious to know, what pushes you through when you're frustrated and thinking about giving up and pursuing something else instead ?

It is the greatest adventure, one never knows whether one will be able to make it or not. It is a gambling but I enjoy this journey, I am not bothered about the goal. 

Tired of feeling incomplete in life. Not even in a depressing manner, but just the fact that I don't KNOW who I really am. It feels like everything I do, whether it be for personal development or just entertaining myself is a way to distract myself from the fact I don't really know who I am or what is going on. I don't wan't to waste my time distracting myself, I need to get to the bottom of this right now

5 hours ago, Pernani said:

Of course mind will try to find thousand ways to take you away from "the work". However - as my friends mentioned before - once you got a glimpse of the truth you will return to it again and again throughout your earthly life. There is just something so genuine about the subject that you just "know" that it is the only way to push forward. 

@Pernani  Simply put, motivation is what motivates a search for enlightenment... xD.. If one keep inquiring to see what motivates him to do anything in this life, that inquiry may actually lead to enlightenment... Enlightenment is a peak where everything that is considered as 'personal' converges; this separate 'personal' self is completely lost.. So, it is an end of a life that is all about a person and his history... Discovering the peak of one's potential which gives a person a tremendous freedom from self-concept or anything that is related to a personal story is enlightenment...

Once a person truly realizes his nature, then his life is no longer about a story of a person. It becomes completely impersonal. It is the peak of life... After that, learning, growth and improvement may still continue but there is no craving for learning, growth or improvement. You don't rely on anything to give you a meaning for life or the fulfillment of the story of your personal life. So, the 'personal life' is completely removed from the equation.

You may be able to relate with my story:  http://qr.ae/TUIUX1 . Here I have explained many things, including what motivated the search for enlightenment.

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

14 hours ago, Pernani said:

Anything else but enlightenment turns out to be meaningless dissatisfactory shit in the end. Technically enlightenment should be an even more frustrating shit. But I'm not there yet. Oops! I meant "here" of course. I'm not here yet. :D

Edited by Privet

it's fascinating to hear about how unique this is to everyone, I find myself being pulled to spirituality and enlightenment even if I know that I have my whole mess of a life to take care of focus on, I just can't help being fascinated by this topic and seeking to explore it more and more driving me further away from what I practically need to focus on.

and if you ask me why that is, I probably wouldnt be able to answer the question.