Post Your Disagreements With Leo Here

124 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

I think that's a very healthy way to look at things. Its not so much a matter of someone's views being absolutely right or absolutely wrong but more so about what resonates with someone at their particular phase in the journey. As we move through different levels of consciousness teachers will come and go. A teacher who was helpful at one point may become unhelpful. A teacher who isn't helpful now may become helpful. It's a little bittersweet to go out of resonance with a teacher because of conscious expansion, but it is a good sign. It's like a shedding process.

That's what teachers are for. We are not meant to need them forever. We must let go when it is time. 

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

@abrakamowse I have no idea what you are talking about.  This is very abstract, and I have never sensed that. I've had moments of unconditional love.  How I interpret that as I came out of it is in my belief system now.   

Did you never had ideas that it seem like if they weren't yours?  In fact they are yours, but you don't identify with them, those ideas that people say that it was a "muse" who inspired them.

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

11 minutes ago, Anicko said:

In my always humble opinion, you have a very good, important point here. You have to tinker and try if you want to discover. 

Sometimes, for example, I'll consider solipsism. All the what ifs that come with it are full of lessons, if one keeps an open mind. 

Do I think it's truth? No. But what do I actually know? 

It's fun to consider all sorts of things, as long as you don't get lost in beliefs. 

Exactly @Anicko 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

4 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Did you never had ideas that it seem like if they weren't yours?  In fact they are yours, but you don't identify with them, those ideas that people say that it was a "muse" who inspired them.

Makes sense.

Sounds like a religious cult:D

33 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Makes sense.

Sounds like a religious cult:D

I am a Guru
:P

@abrakamowse OK. I give in.  You tell me what spiritual Enlightenment is then.

* Before Emerald emails Leo to get my account deleted for slander

Edited by Nomad

12 minutes ago, Nomad said:

@abrakamowse OK. I give in.  You tell me what spiritual Enlightenment is then.

* Before Emerald emails Leo to get my account deleted for slander

I think spiritual enlightenment is seeing reality, the world, whatever we live in without the filter of the ego.

IMO

I think this is one of the best definition I heard of enlightenment:

@abrakamowse That is a really good description of that state.

There is nothing else to be done.

The problem I have is I dont want to live in that state.  

I prefer to relate to people, be an ego as you would say.  Develop the delusional system.

Unfortunately spiritual people are too weird, and this is not self actualisation.  Self actualisation is different.  Self actualisation is humanistic and is about developing the delusion to a degree that you can still relate to others but transcend your environment (be reactive but not over reactive) inter-dependent but not dependent.

@Nomad  Well, you are still an ego, you feel the ego, you feel sad... I am not enlightened but I can see my ego more clearly. And I can tell you that you relate more to people without the filter of the ego, because the ego want things for himself, is not interested in others. When you stop the ego another part of you appears that connects with people and is humanistic, because that's the state the humans were supposed to be in the beginning.
:P

On 3/22/2016 at 2:15 PM, Natasha said:

I think transcending ego would be a better alternative. That way you can still enjoy life and do fun things, while being grounded in the awareness of what you are existentially. That's where enlightenment work and self-actualization can go hand-in-hand. If you try to 'kill'/ neglect one or the other, life can get very unbalanced. 

@Nomad

@Natasha  @Nomad  I am not saying that we have to "kill" the ego. Transcend would be the correct word. Not being controlled by the ego.

Just to clarify, because I am not sure if I am saying it right.
:)

@abrakamowse How would you go about doing that? Losing yourself? All the hard work would go down the toilet because you know it was for nothing.  I dont want to give up the "problem". I like it, it's comforting.  I get annoyed when I hear people on this site talk about others in such self defeating ways.

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

@abrakamowse How would you go about doing that? Losing yourself? 

It is not self defeating. It is losing what you think you are, to discover your real self.

8 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

It is not self defeating. It is losing what you think you are, to discover your real self.

I'm not so sure about that.  

You need to have sorted your self image out before you can do anything else with it.

look at Steven for example.  Serial down voter, reactive person and all round bunny boiler.  

You think thats a healthy self to transcend?

Edited by Nomad

@JOEE This aspect kinda sets me back and makes me doubt self actualization, even though I also cherish it... 

I mean  all this self actualization work to become a yogi ... and meditate for the rest of the life.  I don't get it, it kinda sets me back. I mean, I think self actualization is great for us , it betters us, it improves us, so we can give back to the world.  Kinda what Leo is doing now, sharing all this precious information with us. 

I get that's Leo's choice. 

@Nomad  I am not an expert, I am still looking. But this is what exactly means to transcend. To transcend your ego, first you have to know it.

That's what I am doing now, understanding it. It doesn't mean fighting against it, or denying it.

I find Leo's reputation  "Godly" to be a little inappropriate, no offense. I mean he is great, love his work, and what his doing. Just sayin'

2 minutes ago, Irina Irina said:

I find Leo's reputation  "Godly" to be a little inappropriate, no offense. I mean he is great, love his work, and what his doing. Just sayin'

Yeah, that's inappropriate. There's only one God and it's me!
9_9

4 minutes ago, Irina Irina said:

Those are just silly labels for post score. I made a joke awhile ago that once you reach a certain amount of reputation dots, you can be considered enlightened :D

@abrakamowse Abra, meditate on it and have one desire - to see truth, and truth only. Once you see it you will realize that the only existing God is ME :P