Post Your Disagreements With Leo Here

124 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Natasha said:
On 3/22/2016 at 9:27 PM, Neill Bolton said:
On 3/22/2016 at 11:30 PM, adramaay said:

@FocusOnTruth You are completely right. That's exactly why I am persistently trying to find a hole in Leo's videos, even when I'm pretty sure it's not actually possible. :) 

Instead of trying to find a hole in Leo's work why not embrace it and apply it to your own life, the fact you are trying to find a hole in his work says a lot about you.

I think transcending ego would be a better alternative. That way you can still enjoy life and do fun things, while being grounded in the awareness of what you are existentially. That's where enlightenment work and self-actualization can go hand-in-hand. If you try to 'kill'/ neglect one or the other, life can get very unbalanced. 

18 hours ago, FocusOnTruth said:

Before I say anything else, what are you implying here? Are you a conscious and aware being who sees me, someone who is asleep? If so, could you please elaborate? I'm not denying the possibility.

as i recall my post was not directed at you, why did you take it so personal?  Your short statement says a great deal, spend some time with it, it contains your questions and answers.

There seems to be a huge misunderstanding about Leo's work,  His work is not up for debate or compromise, he is attempting to show everyone what the evolution of human consciousness is about.  The only solution to the world's problems is evolution of human consciousness.  In reality there is no problem today, the world has,  what it has created so there is no problem,  but the human being has created a lot of consequences for everyone, and there is no problem there either, except i no longer want the kind of world that unconscious functioning human beings have created.  I used to talk in groups on the net with 30-50 people,  live every day, these groups included all kinds of people from everywhere.  It was always the same, there would be maybe two or three out of the group of 50 that was really hearing what you were saying and applying it to themselves, the rest were busy thinking how they was going to refute what you were saying and how they justify their own belief system or trying to inflict their religion onto what you were talking about. 

In the book that most call the bible who use it, there is two sayings, i will use them here for a purpose of showing what i am talking about, but i do not accept it or any book or anyone's writings or teachings to take me where i want to go.  The first says: many are called few are chosen, the second one says, straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to life and few there be that find it.  Normally the first thing that happens is everyone wants to jump to religion, its not about religion, its not about religious doctrine,   Everyone has been called many times in their lives, everyone has had revelations shown to them not by some fake god of religion but from something inside of or rather something that encompasses this physical body, it is consciousness.  What did you do with these things, did you stop to take a look, consider and contemplate them, holding on to them because they seemed important or did you just go along forget about them and look to the programing that you have been programed with or your belief systems that you have created from all the programing. There is not a million ways, paths, journeys, doctrines, methods, practices, spiritual practices to liberation, there is only one way, and it is a straight and narrow way. 

If you are concerned about the evolution of your own consciousness, and have this deep desire for something that you do not even understand yet, you need to stop haggling over programing, doctrines, and false beliefs, and try to hear those who have fought this battle before you, however at any given times there will always be, only a few who can or will that is normal, now the question is,  who is that, that you might listen to, it won't be the guy that makes you feel comfortable, or the guy who will let you feel good about the warped perception that you hold about everything, its going to be the guy who can strike at the core of your being and your false belief system, you are going to want to resist, all of your programing and belief is going to resist it, but there will be a few who persevere in the face of all of that because there is something inside of them seeking liberation.  Personally i think Leo is doing a great job, if you are one of the few, put aside your beliefs for a bit and embrace what he is showing you, apply it to yourself honestly without resistance. if you are able, spend some time contemplating what he says honestly, sit in silence with it, and you will find something is happening to you after a while.  You will find yourself, the real you, who and what you are.  Put it on an mp3 player, take long walks, listen to it often.  Over coming years of programing and false belief won't change in a day, but if you seek liberation from it, it will find you. 

21 hours ago, Amplituda said:

@abrakamowse kill your ego, it doesn't deserve to live :)

I am working on that, but I wonder if I will be charged of manslaughter 
O.o

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Natasha  I agree with your comment about killing the ego
^_^

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

These are my disagreements

4 DISAGREEMENTS.jpg

2 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

as i recall my post was not directed at you, why did you take it so personal?  Your short statement says a great deal, spend some time with it, it contains your questions and answers.

I'm not offended by any means; I just wanted to understand what you were saying.

@charlie2dogs I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I maintain that just because actualized.org involves enlightenment work, we still have to communicate using language and beliefs. I know you can't think yourself into enlightenment. I know all beliefs are illusions. However, this doesn't just mean it is pointless to discuss different beliefs and mental models-- which are still useful tools in personal development. Sure, a leap of faith is required for enlightenment; I understand that,but that's not even what I'm arguing against.

Just now, Amplituda said:

@abrakamowse Nah, you might be charged with insanity, but not manslaughter since there is no dead body. :D

:P

@Neuroticon I see that sentiment a lot. I agree that formal education can be pretty dreary, but I also think many people really underestimate the power of academic knowledge. Most people probably need more practical and direct educations, and I don't think everyone should need college either, but I do think academics can be incredibly valuable, and is not all bullshit. I'm making some assumptions here, and I'm not pretending like I know your whole stance on this.

It's not necessarily a disagreement exactly. But there are some parts that don't resonate with me as much at this point in my life, but used to and may again. For example, Leo's admiration of and slight leanings toward asceticism and hard core discipline doesn't resonate with me as it would have when I was a teenager. I find a lot of it helpful, but I resonate more now with cultivating self-love and using moderate amounts of well-rounded self-discipline. That said, it still helps.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

1 hour ago, FocusOnTruth said:

@charlie2dogs  I know all beliefs are illusions. 

@FocusOnTruthThis is extreme thinking.  All beliefs are not illusions.  I believe that I am tapping on a keyboard right now, and that my dog is in the next room.  Beliefs are fine.  The problem is when you start believing that all beliefs are illusions then you run into real trouble.

1 hour ago, FocusOnTruth said:

@charlie2dogs I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I maintain that just because actualized.org involves enlightenment work, we still have to communicate using language and beliefs. I know you can't think yourself into enlightenment. I know all beliefs are illusions. However, this doesn't just mean it is pointless to discuss different beliefs and mental models-- which are still useful tools in personal development. Sure, a leap of faith is required for enlightenment; I understand that,but that's not even what I'm arguing against.

In fact, the more I visit this website the more I believe it is a cult.  My belief might be sane in this respect, as most into spiritual enlightenment are cults.  They pick up the disenfranchised and deluded and the more these types extreme random spiritual beliefs are internalised the more damage is being done

21 minutes ago, Nomad said:

@FocusOnTruthThis is extreme thinking.  All beliefs are not illusions.  I believe that I am tapping on a keyboard right now, and that my dog is in the next room.  Beliefs are fine.  The problem is when you start believing that all beliefs are illusions then you run into real trouble.

What is the real trouble? To see the reality instead of your or mine beliefs?

@abrakamowse Reality?  What is that?

No such thing.

The only thing you can be sure of, is that you can be sure of nothing

@Nomad Is Nothingness real? 

^_^

@abrakamowse What?  Never heard of nothingness.  Its a religious term isnt it?

I've had experiences where I see the perfection of the human race.  For about 2 minutes.

Then it goes away.

Is that "nothingness" then?

@Nomad  Just nothing, even your own identity disappears, it happened to me once.

@abrakamowse Its happened to me loads.  

I even spent two weeks in a non dual state once.

Anybody can have these states.  They permeate the personality and upgrade it.  They can even downgrade it if you try to cling to it.

Was it real though?  I dont know.  I dont even know if it was enlightenment experiences.  It could have just been the books I was reading made me feel better and I didnt contract as much (which makes my self selse feel even more defined)

Maybe it was lack of chronic indigestion (which I suffer from a lot)9_9

Edited by Nomad