Post Your Disagreements With Leo Here

124 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Amplituda said:

@abrakamowse Abra, meditate on it and have one desire - to see truth, and truth only. Once you see it you will realize that the only existing God is ME :P

I'm Ok with that.
:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

37 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Yeah, that's inappropriate. There's only one God and it's me!
9_9

13 minutes ago, Amplituda said:

@abrakamowse Abra, meditate on it and have one desire - to see truth, and truth only. Once you see it you will realize that the only existing God is ME :P

Should we vote now? :)  

Just now, Natasha said:

Should we vote now? :)  

I can be the Devil,

Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

46 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I think spiritual enlightenment is seeing reality, the world, whatever we live in without the filter of the ego.

IMO

I think this is one of the best definition I heard of enlightenment:

This Adyashanti guy has a very distorted understanding of contrast and change and referential systems (reading through the transcript of the vid)

If this is their view enlightenment, then it's just another word for disassociation from change.

Lol, ahhhh, I see what these guys are doing. They are stressed/pressured, seek distance/disassociation for relief, get the distance, which temporarily provides the feeling of relief because it's a contrast from the previous stressed state, try to hold onto it as long as possible, then fall back out of into the real world, and then repeat the cycle. It's just escapism, disassociating from everything but the contrast of what's being pushed away to feel relief from pressure.

Actually, he doesn't seem to understand the meanings of a lot of the words he uses. Of course his disassociative state is an altered state of consciousness, all conscious changes and alters. If his supposedly unaltered state of consciousness was unalterable, then he wouldn't fall out of it. Everything would be in that state if it was unalterable, but nothing is. You're eye doesn't see all as one, it sees different colors, it contracts or expands based on different light intensities... this shit is out of touch with reality.

And his whole nonsense about "Aha" moments lessening over time, of course it does! If you're having an "Aha" moment about the same damn thing over and over again. You get "used to it", because the contrast or degree/distance of difference between the Aha moment and your baseline has shortened creating a lesser intensity of feeling. It's like putting warm hands in room temperature water, little difference of change, versus putting cold hands in warm water, with a bigger difference of change. The degree of difference creates the intensity, but he's too blind to nuance to understand that.

Then he goes on to talk about how "The egoic state of consciousness actually takes a great amount of energy and a great amount of effort. Since it’s not true, it has to keep building this falseness constantly. Otherwise, it will end. Because what is not true ends as soon as it’s not being fueled." What a bunch of nonsense, he doesn't even realize it, but in his backwards ass way he shows how unhealthy this disassociative practice is. To maintain, is to care, to practice taking care and looking after something. Life has to be maintained, balance has to be maintained, this earth has to be maintained, anything built, anything connected has bonds that have to be maintained or else they collapse into a lower threshold of life/energetic activity. What's funny to me, is that his body keeps fighting him and dropping out of this "oneness" because it's trying to take care of itself, while he fucks around with this practice of destroying capabilities this body has generated and maintained over the course of it's life. 

Poor guy, he doesn't understand he's doing shit backwards. He thinks the nature of everything is nothingness, because he numbed his ability to feel change, but it also limited his perceptional and referential abilities, but he can't see that. So all he does see... is lack of activity and he's so fucking arrogant to think the rest of the universe is feeling that exactly like him. Kind of like a baby, with the inability to differentiate experience going on outside the scope of his current focus. So with this very limited, empty experience he then goes on to believe the universe is really like he's seeing it inside his head, when if he stepped outside it would be very apparent that the universe or reality is not empty. It's filled with a lot of shit, as a matter of fact the sun is currently raining down photons all over the damn place and their bouncing off of shit allowing me to see and distinguish between different things. 

7 hours ago, FocusOnTruth said:
5 hours ago, Nomad said:
1 hour ago, Salaam said:

This Adyashanti guy has a very distorted understanding of contrast and change and referential systems (reading through the transcript of the vid)

If this is their view enlightenment, then it's just another word for disassociation from change.

Lol, ahhhh, I see what these guys are doing. They are stressed/pressured, seek distance/disassociation for relief, get the distance, which temporarily provides the feeling of relief because it's a contrast from the previous stressed state, try to hold onto it as long as possible, then fall back out of into the real world, and then repeat the cycle. It's just escapism, disassociating from everything but the contrast of what's being pushed away to feel relief from pressure.

Actually, he doesn't seem to understand the meanings of a lot of the words he uses. Of course his disassociative state is an altered state of consciousness, all conscious changes and alters. If his supposedly unaltered state of consciousness was unalterable, then he wouldn't fall out of it. Everything would be in that state if it was unalterable, but nothing is. You're eye doesn't see all as one, it sees different colors, it contracts or expands based on different light intensities... this shit is out of touch with reality.

And his whole nonsense about "Aha" moments lessening over time, of course it does! If you're having an "Aha" moment about the same damn thing over and over again. You get "used to it", because the contrast or degree/distance of difference between the Aha moment and your baseline has shortened creating a lesser intensity of feeling. It's like putting warm hands in room temperature water, little difference of change, versus putting cold hands in warm water, with a bigger difference of change. The degree of difference creates the intensity, but he's too blind to nuance to understand that.

Then he goes on to talk about how "The egoic state of consciousness actually takes a great amount of energy and a great amount of effort. Since it’s not true, it has to keep building this falseness constantly. Otherwise, it will end. Because what is not true ends as soon as it’s not being fueled." What a bunch of nonsense, he doesn't even realize it, but in his backwards ass way he shows how unhealthy this disassociative practice is. To maintain, is to care, to practice taking care and looking after something. Life has to be maintained, balance has to be maintained, this earth has to be maintained, anything built, anything connected has bonds that have to be maintained or else they collapse into a lower threshold of life/energetic activity. What's funny to me, is that his body keeps fighting him and dropping out of this "oneness" because it's trying to take care of itself, while he fucks around with this practice of destroying capabilities this body has generated and maintained over the course of it's life. 

Poor guy, he doesn't understand he's doing shit backwards. He thinks the nature of everything is nothingness, because he numbed his ability to feel change, but it also limited his perceptional and referential abilities, but he can't see that. So all he does see... is lack of activity and he's so fucking arrogant to think the rest of the universe is feeling that exactly like him. Kind of like a baby, with the inability to differentiate experience going on outside the scope of his current focus. So with this very limited, empty experience he then goes on to believe the universe is really like he's seeing it inside his head, when if he stepped outside it would be very apparent that the universe or reality is not empty. It's filled with a lot of shit, as a matter of fact the sun is currently raining down photons all over the damn place and their bouncing off of shit allowing me to see and distinguish between different things. 

You should have heard him, he said some good things, maybe you should consider some of it, it could help your egoic consciousness

@FocusOnTruthThis is extreme thinking.  All beliefs are not illusions.  I believe that I am tapping on a keyboard right now, and that my dog is in the next room.  Beliefs are fine.  The problem is when you start believing that all beliefs are illusions then you run into real trouble.

@charlie2dogs I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I maintain that just because actualized.org involves enlightenment work, we still have to communicate using language and beliefs. I know you can't think yourself into enlightenment. I know all beliefs are illusions. However, this doesn't just mean it is pointless to discuss different beliefs and mental models-- which are still useful tools in personal development. Sure, a leap of faith is required for enlightenment; I understand that,but that's not even what I'm arguing against.

2 hours ago, Salaam said:

What's funny to me, is that his body keeps fighting him and dropping out of this "oneness" because it's trying to take care of itself, while he fucks around with this practice of destroying capabilities this body has generated and maintained over the course of it's life. 

So all he does see... is lack of activity and he's so fucking arrogant to think the rest of the universe is feeling that exactly like him. Kind of like a baby, with the inability to differentiate experience going on outside the scope of his current focus. So with this very limited, empty experience he then goes on to believe the universe is really like he's seeing it inside his head, when if he stepped outside it would be very apparent that the universe or reality is not empty. It's filled with a lot of shit, as a matter of fact the sun is currently raining down photons all over the damn place and their bouncing off of shit allowing me to see and distinguish between different things. 

This is fucking awasome

4 hours ago, Salaam said:

the universe is really like he's seeing it inside his head, when if he stepped outside it would be very apparent that the universe or reality is not empty

How do you know this?

I am just asking ... because you seem to be very convinced. Is it because the science (Physics) has made a lot of advancement lately?

What if you were living a few hundred years ago, would you be making claims so strongly that the Earth is flat?

Edited by Steven

What's funny to me, is that his body keeps fighting him and dropping out of this "oneness" because it's trying to take care of itself, while he fucks around with this practice of destroying capabilities this body has generated and maintained over the course of it's life. 

So all he does see... is lack of activity and he's so fucking arrogant to think the rest of the universe is feeling that exactly like him. Kind of like a baby, with the inability to differentiate experience going on outside the scope of his current focus. So with this very limited, empty experience he then goes on to believe the universe is really like he's seeing it inside his head, when if he stepped outside it would be very apparent that the universe or reality is not empty. It's filled with a lot of shit, as a matter of fact the sun is currently raining down photons all over the damn place and their bouncing off of shit allowing me to see and distinguish between different things. 

Dissociation is not enlightenment. 

5 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Dissociation is not enlightenment

@Steven Hi.

Im chosing to ignore your comments from now on as you seem to have an issue with continually reacting to everything I post.  This is getting weirder by the post.  If you have nothing better to do with your time than to sit on this website and harass somebody you dont agree with, then I assume that you are not worth talking to or debating with.

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

@Steven Hi.

Im chosing to ignore your comments from now on as you seem to have an issue with continually reacting to everything I post.  This is getting weirder by the post.  If you have nothing better to do with your time than to sit on this website and harass somebody you dont agree with, then I assume that you are not worth talking to or debating with.

Excuse me?

Where did I mention you... Every second post you make you are either abusing someone or trolling

5 hours ago, Salaam said:

Well, I know to realize we are nothing is a pill hard to swallow. I understand your escapism to your "reality". It's much better to think that we are separated and not one, so we don't have to take the responsibility as human race as a whole, for making the world a terrible place with murders, kidnapping, suicide, contamination, greed, etc... whatever... that's a very good way to "confront" the reality. Very smart.

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

You're too nice to play the devil role @abrakamowse

Omg @Natasha I owe you a pizza for that

Lol

At times, I definitely notice a lack of emotional understanding coming from Leo's posts or videos. Instead, I get the impression that his own emotions are not as strong as some others, leading to his very analytical approach to problems like depression.

The analytical approach is like using the left-brain, where as the emotional approach is like using the right-brain. Neither is particularly effective without the other. The balance and harmony between the two is what enables one to truly be compassionate teacher.

Edited by TwoDays

13 hours ago, Salaam said:

The problem is that various frameworks for 'personal development' have no quantifiable utility -- by utility i mean their ability to satisfy a given goal, when compared to one another. How do we test which models work, and to what degree? Anecdotal evidence is really the best we can do at the moment, absent any kind of rigorous scientific studies. Our goal can be status, security, food, sex -- whatever. Personal development makes no sense outside the context of what we wish to attain. All too often our frameworks are decided by their emotional appeal, given our current state of consciousness. 

Being a rationalist myself, I have always been drawn to models that are rationally consistent. As far as I am concerned, if happiness is a variable 'x', I'd like to find the model of personal development that is able to sustain a high value for 'x'. Unfortunately, we must rationally acknowledge that  our brains have evolved in highly turbulent environments in which feeling such as anger, fear and hunger had great utility in terms of survival and propagating our genes. One daunting fact of life is that our biology is not primarily concerned with our emotional well-being.

The fact that the rationalists have to face is that a rational solution might require an irrational framework to address our biological and psychological needs-- it needs to be acknowledged that a model with logical inconsistencies might very well be more effective than one without -- and this scares the living shit out of many people. We must rationally acknowledge that sometimes irrational frameworks might be effective in addressing our biological needs.

Unfortunately, the implication of this is that ignorance, dissociation, irrationality might have great utility for certain people. For me, it is not relevant whether this guy is dissociating or not -- whats more relevant is: is he happy in doing so? Is he happier than you? Is he happier than me? If so, he's winning imo. If you know how to address this uneasy state of affairs, please share, because I don't fully know how to integrate this into my world-view. It boils down to the question of : "If someone is happy in their ignorance, is it morally justified to break their ignorance?" Without factoring in an individual's biology and aptitude for psychological adaptation, how can we effectively propose a single model of self-improvement? Ultimately, what is the goal of self-improvement besides an attempt to live a happy life?

As for your response to the video itself, I do disagree with some of your objections, but perhaps that is for another post.

Edited by StephenK

14 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

The human and its ego will never be able to rationalize and understand self realization, Last night i ask a group of about 30 people, how do you know when what you think you know is real, and what is your justification for even existing, without answering with religious or newage theories.  I got no answers but yet many of the group actually tried to give the appearance of being awake and it was plain to see that those were human beings expressing their rationalizations of the subject I was discussing.  No one will ever know what it means to be awake or self realized until after they are.  Most of the discussions about these things are fruitless, produce nothing more than more rationalizations, more beliefs, more programing, the more this is done creates more complexity and confusion on the subject.  It is not rocket scientist, sit down, be quiet,  and experience each moment of life in a conscious, aware, present state of being, as the observer without giving attention or attaching yourself to what is arising in that moment.  Keep your emotions and mental state still and only observe, the rest will take care of itself, and after a while you can live much of your life in this state of being while you go about your work.  The theories, spiritual practices, the journeys, levels, doctrines, philosophies, rationalizations, intellectualizing, and even the teachers simply make it much more complicated than it is, because they don't have the real experience of it.  The things Leo reveals in his videos should tell you this and show you your own pitfalls, put aside your belief system and apply them to yourself with integrity.

On 3/24/2016 at 8:17 PM, Nomad said:

This is fucking awasome

Thanks man :-)

23 hours ago, Steven said:

How do you know this?

I am just asking ... because you seem to be very convinced. Is it because the science (Physics) has made a lot of advancement lately?

What if you were living a few hundred years ago, would you be making claims so strongly that the Earth is flat?

I have this view because of all the experience I have and the capabilities it's given me that reflect my progress. I've already been through "enlightenment" as he and others describe it. I recognize areas where if he had the experience I've had, he'd be touching on structural details and expressing understandings that he's completely missing out on. I've made the mistakes he and others like him are making and I've faced the fears and pressures influencing him that are creating his pattern of behavior within this context.

I've already differentiated myself from my thoughts, my emotions, my mind, my body, and the structures behind them, while also becoming more sensitive and intimately connected with them than ever before (these guys differentiate and LOSE sensitivity and nuance). Taking care of all the aforementioned to develop and balance all of who I am as a synergistic and mostly harmonious eco-system of a man. None of these guys have the ability to work with tension or ever mention it, which means they've never differentiated for themselves the effect and affect of emotions, which is the feeling and then the change in position. This is a foundational part of reality, that is impossible to deny but very hard to become sensitive too (you'd be denying the very forces of attraction and repulsion if you dismissed it as irrelevant).

I can feel how the structures behind my mind shift in response to new contrasts and I can read it like braille.  I can also feel contrast, while maintaining position, which allows me to hold larger, more complex, and also more intense degrees of contrast without collapsing or upsetting the chemistry of my internal structures. 

Plus everything I talk about is incredibly grounded and mirrored in objective reality. This allows me to convey at least an approximation of incredibly complex understandings through shared experience of common life. That is, if people can deal with the tension and pressure long enough to get some understanding from it.

21 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Well, I know to realize we are nothing is a pill hard to swallow. I understand your escapism to your "reality". It's much better to think that we are separated and not one, so we don't have to take the responsibility as human race as a whole, for making the world a terrible place with murders, kidnapping, suicide, contamination, greed, etc... whatever... that's a very good way to "confront" the reality. Very smart.

You're making assumptions about my view that aren't correct. It's not only one and it's not only separate and alone, it's a combination of the two that is being connected while still maintaining difference and distinction and diversity. Instead of the pendulum swinging back and forth between duality and oneness, you get a bridging of the two that connects the best of both worlds that is practically applicable, congruent with reality, and quite coherent.

I wrote a little something about it in this thread.

18 hours ago, TwoDays said:

At times, I definitely notice a lack of emotional understanding coming from Leo's posts or videos. Instead, I get the impression that his own emotions are not as strong as some others, leading to his very analytical approach to problems like depression.

The analytical approach is like using the left-brain, where as the emotional approach is like using the right-brain. Neither is particularly effective without the other. The balance and harmony between the two is what enables one to truly be compassionate teacher.

Ah, yup sounds familiar. I used to be super analytical, but thankfully I was able to heal from that.

Depression is an interesting energy. Depression has what I call a "two-step hustle" where it hits you with a feeling of comfort that we tend to allow/internalize/trust and then it follows up with despair and surrender (the feeling of "it's okay to want to just give up and not struggle anymore") According to many accounts this is also similar to what happens when you are in danger of dying from cold exposure.

It's a shitty chemistry, but has a beautiful design, which makes it so effective and sustainable as an energy pattern.

Ha, it's actually becoming hard for me to recall the details of depression's dynamics. It's been about 3 years now since I've even felt a twinge of despair after successfully differentiating the comfort/surrender/despair combination and blocking it from internalization. People just think comfort is automatically a good thing to trust and indulge in, but it's very important to balance and manage how it interacts with everything else. For instance, there are certain feelings or satisfaction and meaning that only manifest when involved with elements of investment, vulnerability and resistance.

16 hours ago, StephenK said:

The problem is that various frameworks for 'personal development' have no quantifiable utility -- by utility i mean their ability to satisfy a given goal, when compared to one another. How do we test which models work, and to what degree? Anecdotal evidence is really the best we can do at the moment, absent any kind of rigorous scientific studies. Our goal can be status, security, food, sex -- whatever. Personal development makes no sense outside the context of what we wish to attain. All too often our frameworks are decided by their emotional appeal, given our current state of consciousness. 

Being a rationalist myself, I have always been drawn to models that are rationally consistent. As far as I am concerned, if happiness is a variable 'x', I'd like to find the model of personal development that is able to sustain a high value for 'x'. Unfortunately, we must rationally acknowledge that  our brains have evolved in highly turbulent environments in which feeling such as anger, fear and hunger had great utility in terms of survival and propagating our genes. One daunting fact of life is that our biology is not primarily concerned with our emotional well-being.

The fact that the rationalists have to face is that a rational solution might require an irrational framework to address our biological and psychological needs-- it needs to be acknowledged that a model with logical inconsistencies might very well be more effective than one without -- and this scares the living shit out of many people. We must rationally acknowledge that sometimes irrational frameworks might be effective in addressing our biological needs.

Unfortunately, the implication of this is that ignorance, dissociation, irrationality might have great utility for certain people. For me, it is not relevant whether this guy is dissociating or not -- whats more relevant is: is he happy in doing so? Is he happier than you? Is he happier than me? If so, he's winning imo. If you know how to address this uneasy state of affairs, please share, because I don't fully know how to integrate this into my world-view. It boils down to the question of : "If someone is happy in their ignorance, is it morally justified to break their ignorance?" Without factoring in an individual's biology and aptitude for psychological adaptation, how can we effectively propose a single model of self-improvement? Ultimately, what is the goal of self-improvement besides an attempt to live a happy life?

As for your response to the video itself, I do disagree with some of your objections, but perhaps that is for another post.

Nice post man and I understand where you're coming from. 

Are you familiar with the concept of the Goldilocks Zone? It's a nuanced conceptualization of balance, that allows for an open ceiling of dynamics without losing foundational structure.

"Terrestrial planets are also more likely to lie in the Goldilocks zone. Also called the habitable zone or life zone, the Goldilocks region is an area of space in which a planet is just the right distance from its home star so that its surface is neither too hot nor too cold [there are way more dynamics involved then they've mentioned]."

In order to keep developing beyond my limitations I've created a Goldilocks Zone for Health, Capability, and Choice that I also call the Capability Circuit. This circuit of currently 12 trinity elements creates a foundational structure or platform that I hope people will use to maintain balance and provide direction while growing, without usurping their self-authority and individual nuance. It's beautiful in design and quite clear to see how removing one element degrades another and how developing one can cascade into another, as long as the synergistic zone isn't breached (and if it is, this will help you grow into healing the breach, which is what I originally created it for). My body loves it and it's been an amazing model for growth.

It allows for balance between motion/chaos/energy and form/order/matter and the inter-mingling and over-lapping of such across multiple tiers of complexity while also being subjectively and objectively consistent. For example, I can see how disassociation comes about from an over-reliance on the distance that comes from differentiation, along with a neglect of emotional rapport and a degradation of sensitivity to nuance. Further, I can easily potentiate (and also recall from my personal history) how such things cascade over time limiting the health and capability of the person as a whole. Like I said above, each of those 12 elements are interdependent and will degrade or improve depending on the threshold level development of it's counterparts.

With such a model it is quite clear to see how reduction, that neglects and degrades it's counterparts causes a corruption of health and understanding, while also showing how expansion beyond a certain level compared to others development can cause a shrouding of understanding via complexity (and lack of compensating development). If what I write seems hard to understand it's because of a degree of shrouding via complexity is at play (plus my current limitations with expressing my view).

It's like taking away a person's kidneys and asking them to survive, although not so immediately drastic. It's more a butterfly effect cascade, which is why a sensitivity to nuance is so important, because as the current state of humanity shows, it's very easy to lose touch. 

I can explain more about it if you want, just ask.

Anyways, enough of that. "Happy" is more complicated than people make it out to be and will never be maximally understood in isolation (because of the aforementioned inter-dependencies). How much of happiness is comfort, meaning, flow, stability? How does potential fit in? How is the pressure of your current level of development influencing you to tunnel vision on happiness? What level of diversity of happiness are you considering? Does your level of happiness include any level of responsibility for maintaining the care of yourself and to some degree others around you? What level of harmony with other feelings are you willing to include in this idea of happiness?

I love being happy, but I also recognize the things behind the word and how they inter-relate with other things to form a system. I recognize the greater context or the larger pattern my body is processing, but with that said I experience deeeeep levels of happiness and capability that I doubt many people have felt. I've also felt levels of euphoria to rival mdma and cocaine (speaking from past experience) that I can slip into whenever I want for the most part. But, that doesn't mean I turn into a junky manipulating my body for emotional highs. No, I can do those things because I take care of my systems so well, we have a great relationship. I understand how such actions impact the integrity of my whole and by being faithful to my health, my body creates even more amazing opportunities for experience as I grow, then what I would have if I just tried to abuse myself in order to escape facing further progress. 

Edited by Salaam

None of these guys have the ability to work with tension or ever mention it

i like this!

Ok @Salaam  I understand your point now. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I don't share your point of view but is a good point. I am more inclined to oneness, because of some experiences I had...

but you can be right. I am open to that.