MarkusSweden

What would an enlightened mans last words be like?

13 posts in this topic

I Love This forum, But the more I spend time here, the more I notice all these endless discussions, there is always more, more to say, more youtube-videos to make, more practice, more of This and that. Most annoying are perhaps all the words. Always more words, This thread is no exception.

Sometimes I read threads where alot of people disagree, But still, if you read every post individually, most of them make sense. Like if reality has many colours simultaneously, but we can only express one colour at the time with words.

Maybe the only truth is all the words ever spoken or written all togheter. But What's probably more true is no words at all. 

Anyway, imagine a very lucky man who find enlightenment very early on in life, he lived a long and very happy life, almost an idealistic life and don't regret anything(although he knows perfectly well there is no such thing as a separate self).

Now he is very old and about to die. He is asked to tell what he think of enlightenment and life and how to live it. What would you think he would say? He only has one minute left to live, but he hits the nail and say everything that is ever needed to be said. 

A short story often a great tool for grasping enlightenment and wisdom of life, now you got the opportunity to end a great story, so how does it end? ?

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

''I've honestly gained absolutely nothing from Enlightenment''

-Buddha

''Be a light unto yourself''

-Buddha

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom @DocHoliday

Great answers! 

Short and straight to the point. Tnx.

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

2 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Sometimes I read threads where alot of people disagree, But still, if you read every post individually, most of them make sense. Like if reality has many colours simultaneously, but we can only express one colour at the time with words.

I liked this  ^^^

No idea what they'd say, though.

13 minutes ago, Preetom said:

''I've honestly gained absolutely nothing from Enlightenment''

-Buddha

''Be a light unto yourself''

-Buddha

"Shoulda drank more beers and killed more critters"

-Bubba

(sorry, in a goofy mood)  

@MarkusSweden "I love you"

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

But What's probably more true is no words at all. 

nothing

49 minutes ago, isabel said:

nothing

1 hour ago, tsuki said:

@MarkusSweden "I love you"

That old man would probably say nothing at all, or "I Love you"

Great, that simplicity is so uplifting, Isn't it?

"Love, and do what you want"

Love both of you! ❤️

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Have an Ego Death experience on psychedelics and find out firsthand.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Now he is very old and about to die.

"Tuesday, 18 August 1981—

This morning Nisargadatta Maharaj was too weak to speak. The suggestion that one of the recorded tapes of his talks be played was approved by him. After about twenty minutes of this, he asked that the tape be stopped. He sat up in his bed with some difficulty, and whispered a message:

"Think on what you have heard just now — what you heard and, infinitely more important, who heard it".

After this brief whispered message words failed the Master. His throat got choked. He closed his eyes, his frail physical resources grappling with an excruciating pain. And we watched helplessly."

-- excerpts from the book : "Pointers from Nisargadatta Maharaj" by Ramesh S. Balsekar

"Thursday, October 20, 2005

Bhagavan Ramana Maharshi's "last" words

The following are the "last" words of the fully-realized Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi on Friday April 14, 1950:

"They say that I am dying, but i am not going away. Where could i go? I am here." 1

When his devotees complained that he was abandoning them, he replied:

"You attach too much importance to the body"2

"The Guru is not in the physical form. So contact will remain even after his physical form vanishes." 3 "

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

12 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

What would an enlightened mans last words be like?

Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last. ◄ Luke 23:46 ►