SoonHei

it's all ONE "experience"

45 posts in this topic

i thought about this during a recent session

when it is said, that there is no separation and that we are all One, it's the experience which is being highlighted

what you see, hear, taste, smell, feel, think can all be combined together and called your experience

all the objects which appear as you see,
all the sounds which appear as you hear,
all the tastes and smells you experience,
the sense of your touch and knowing of your thoughts

all this is packaged together in your experience

all of it being one means that all which appears in your sight, sound, taste/smell etc it is one object. the experience with all of that packaged together can be thought of as an object - containing all the information about the forms in it. but that "experience-object" is ONE. made up of the knowing of each of those aspects. it is all ONE Knowing

the illusion of the separate-self distorts that. but thinking about where this experieince occurs/appears to you and where/how you sense it... thats when you can see it all appears within you / it IS YOU / and YOU is not a collective, you is just ONE. there is only ONE you. and YOU ARE ALL OF IT.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

True indeed, there is only the now and everything is contained in it. There is just one experience and it is here now, you are not sitting in another country, you are here were I am.

@Highest this HERE/NOW is massive indeed... aka infinite

we witness it always in the present with no past/future

you have any direct experience @Highest wherein it is said past/present/future exists all at once.

^^^ is that just an intellectual understanding which is had, that all past/present/future will occur / occurred in the "now"?

or is it somehow "experienced" that one sees/knows all of what happened/will happened/ is happening all at once - if this is somehow true, then one's soul is truly shaken to the core realizing the might of the God to know infinite eternal experiences all at effin ONCE .. 

BLESS UP!

Love Is The Answer

@SoonHeiI have no direct experience of that my friend, but I understand intellectualy that past and future does not exist, I am aware that the present now is all there is, including everything that happens in the now. 

@SoonHei When the experiencer and experience merges into one then there is oneness. The Experiencer dissolves. Then there is no longer a distinction between what is inside and outside.

@WelcometoReality

it is my understanding that when we say the experiencer dissolves - this means ego death for that body-mind.

to those who have glimpses of oneness, do they have a momentary-spontaneous ego-death?

i thought ego-death is a process that one must go thru and slowly surrender and let go until eventually one fully lets go and oneness is seen since the experiencer has then dissolved.

and if both cases are true, then in the case where the person who has the spontaneous ego-death, will they not lose their mind and be like WTF happened to me, especially if they have never even conceived of such a concept in their life and are far away from spirituality.

Love Is The Answer

Guys the notion of an experience and an experiencer is the product of dualistic thinking. I have tried to explain this but it seems like people aren't getting it or I'm just bad at explaining. 

Experience is objective, it's the experiencing that I'm referring to - the now. And it's neither direct or indirect because that would be a duality which is again the product of the dualistic mind that is occurring in the movement of time. And also the past, present and future are things which only exist in the now (experiencing), this is all about relativity. The past and future can only exist relative to the present because once perceived - it becomes a present phenomenon. 

Experience is the nature for information so it requires that which cannot be experienced to be conscious of it and that would ultimately be nothing (that which is not of existence or information) . The experiencer is something thus of information. 

@SoonHei There are to my knowledge three different types of awakenings. Mind, heart and gut. 

Awakening of the mind is the realization that you are the everpresent silence (nothingness).

Awakening of the heart is the merging of the experiencer and the experienced (oneness).

Awakening of the gut I have not yet experienced but to my knowledge it has something to do with life being a game.

So when you say ego death. Yes ego death at that level. But ego still is left at the other levels. 

After the first glimpse of oneness there was for me a swinging back and forth between a state of oneness and separation which after about a year stabelized in oneness.

I guess the ego can dissolve totally at all three levels at the same time in one single experience but that is probably one in a billion chance and if it were to happen the person probably wouldn't go mad but have a hard time to embody the change.

@WelcometoReality hmmmm

interesting. thank you for that. i have heard about the diff types of awakenings, but not labeled as you have described. that's nice, thanks

where/how did you have your glimpse of oneness? if you could tell me briefly or send link if you have already described it

have you done any psychedelics / drugs or meditation or anything else which aided with the glimpse / awakening?

also, 1 year for stabilization... but stabilization nonetheless, good for you. hopefully it wasn't too rough to integrate into your life. that's the one part i tend to focus on (yes, we shouldnt - as that issue is only in my head) but i tend to think how i will be able to cope with the knowledge of what i have seen, after i have seen it

maybe i should treat that thing as "cross that bridge when i get there" :)  but i like to be prepared... the only thing which comes to mind from the various teachings is "allow it to be" and "surrender" 

then again, even leo after all his experiences and work said " I wasn't even close ... i was infinetly far away " about when he 1st had enlightenment experience 

Love Is The Answer

Hello friends, 

How can mind realize nothingness, if all movement of mind implies things? This implies that the mind can cultivate integration. That seems rather contradictory, but it doesn’t matter what I think. What matters is if you see that.

The experiencer has always been the experience, or one. This seems more like mind being consciously aware of that fact to me. 

I wouldn’t say life is a game, but that when you actually act in accordance to the notion that the experiencer is seperate from that which it experiences.  Then we get caught up in life, and think of it as a game; a perpetual conflict between what we (the experiencer wants), “the idea”, and what (the experience actully is) “the fact”, or there is that expression, “caught in the rat race.”

Basically mind (conditioned consciousness) is able to see that the experiencer has always been one and the same movement as experience. This is still a movement of mind, as it implies conscious attention as the i. 

In that mind-mental realization (thought being conscious of that fact), makes for a silence naturally. Only in that silence of mind does this emptiness-nothingness come to be. This cannot be a self imposed silence, movement of volition-will-effort, from what “I” have observed of course. 

So technically I wouldn’t say it’s the awakening of the mind that realizes nothing, but the silenced movement of mind that nothingness is then actualized. 

In “my” case there is an endless movement of death to experience, knowledge, memory) every minute-second. This is a natural movement now or is an instantaneous action that happens in and of itself. It is not a movement of desire, and it happens through a kind of passive attention to the entirety of a happening as a whole. Attention to inner movements of the thought, sensation, and the environmental conditions, without any psychological compulsion to change what is actually the case. All psychological experiences are finalized and not carried over onto the next moment. 

This is what I would refer to as dying to every moment so the next can be new. We must understand the nature of experience-self-thought-time, so there can be an understanding of life. In that understanding of life, we see the significance of death, and in the seeing of the value in that, we see that death and life are really one.

Without seeing the value in life we avoid death, and without dying we cannot live. 

To live is to die and to die is to live. This is not a one time deal. It is a constant movement of dying to the old, so the new can be born afresh. 

An art, I would say. The most creative movement that can take place. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless wow, all of that was very elegantly put... directly from the Source it would seem.

So technically I wouldn’t say it’s the awakening of the mind that realizes nothing, but the silenced movement of mind that nothingness is then actualized.    - hmmm, interesting take, but I see the mechanics of it now. 

nice to have you dwell amongst us duality-trapped souls :) 

Love Is The Answer

2 hours ago, SoonHei said:

where/how did you have your glimpse of oneness? if you could tell me briefly or send link if you have already described it

I did a 3 hour long strong determination sitting and the glimpse happened the day after. I've never done meditation as a daily practice so the 3 hour sitting was quite a shock for the body. I basically sat in my computer chair the whole day and watched the sensations in my body rise and pass. I'll send you a link.

have you done any psychedelics / drugs or meditation or anything else which aided with the glimpse / awakening?

No I've never done psychadelics and didn't have a meditation routine. I did have a surrender practice which I did continously through each day.

also, 1 year for stabilization... but stabilization nonetheless, good for you. hopefully it wasn't too rough to integrate into your life. that's the one part i tend to focus on (yes, we shouldnt - as that issue is only in my head) but i tend to think how i will be able to cope with the knowledge of what i have seen, after i have seen it

It was hardest in the beginning (first month) and then gradually became easier and easier. 

Maybe i should treat that thing as "cross that bridge when i get there" :)  but i like to be prepared... the only thing which comes to mind from the various teachings is "allow it to be" and "surrender" 

It's good to be as prepared as one can be. Mind can use that against you though once you awaken just so you know. :)

@Faceless An awakening of mind is the awakening from mind.

I don't mean that the mind awakens. You realize what you truly are. Which is nothingness or whatever word you wish to use.

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

In “my” case there is an endless movement of death to experience, knowledge, memory) every minute-second. This is a natural movement now or is an instantaneous action that happens in and of itself. It is not a movement of desire, and it happens through a kind of passive attention to the entirety of a happening as a whole. Attention to inner movements of the thought, sensation, and the environmental conditions, without any psychological compulsion to change what is actually the case. All psychological experiences are finalized and not carried over onto the next moment. 

This is what I would refer to as dying to every moment so the next can be new

Yes That is a good description of what the experience of it is. It's funny you mention it in that way because Lisa Cairns describes it in a similar fashion. I remember I never really understood that when I watched it but now it really resonates with me.

Thank you:)

4 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

You realize what you truly are. Which is nothingness or whatever word you wish to use.

Is that so...

Or in nothing is the absence of that question-realization,(identification), there at all? :)

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless  ?  nice!

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

4 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

It's good to be as prepared as one can be. Mind can use that against you though once you awaken just so you know. :)

@WelcometoReality hey ! :o what do you mean by this. do elaborate... 

and to the Mind, come on brah! :@ 

Love Is The Answer

@Faceless @WelcometoReality

for you two, how do you see all these posts or questions here?

or for my questions... like do you just directly see that here is another you, asking yourself a question and now expecting an answer from itself?

Love Is The Answer