pluto

Consciousness and The Meaning of Existence - The Paradox

18 posts in this topic

What exactly is consciousness?

Well.. It is Self awareness, self reflection. Shall we? (Note: You may have to read several times as integration may be required as all answers are within the text)

In order for you to know that you are you, you have to have something else to compare it to. Without a concept of an "other", you would not have a concept of "self". Therefore, consciousness is literally, self-reflection/self-awareness. The ability to "know" the self by knowing what is "not" the self.

The idea is that existence is "one unbroken thing". There is an aspect or a form or a version of existence that we shall call "THE ONE" for convenience, that does NOT KNOW itself. It is completely homogeneous in the sense that there is nothing else but it. Therefore, there is absolutely no reference point for it. It has no sense of self, no experience, no self-awareness whatsoever but there is also the version of existence that DOES KNOW itself and that is what we will term for convenience "ALL THAT IS".

It is literally the existence that is aware of itself because it creates within itself a kind of reflective pattern of resonance energy and therefore creates "otherness" within itself, a reflection of itself and therefore it can "know itself" that way by comparing the reflection of itself to itself and become self-aware.

Those reflections continue to reverberate on and on and on and on... infinitely and each and every one of those reflections then is literally "all that exists" within "all that is". (All that all that is) is made of all of you, all of us, everything you can imagine, is a reflection of existence knowing itself through ALL THAT IS.

So consciousness very importantly requires the concept of "otherness" within existence in order to "know" itself and life experiences and time/space and all that you ever experienced, experience now and will experience is the product of ALL THAT IS knowing itself in all the ways that it can.

Every single thing/being/concept within existence are all the different eyes of god(if you will) through which it "sees" itself in those reflections but because it is actually consciousness itself, because it is "conscious of itself" then all the reflections are also made of "that" consciousness. All the reflections are conscious too such as all of you, all of us, everything.

Now everything may not express the idea of self-aware-consciousness in the way that we do but everything is still an expression of self-aware-reflected-consciousness(so to speak). Even a rock has some degree of awareness that it is "this rock" and not "that rock" but it may do that through a being such as yourself by "you" noticing that there is "this rock" and "that rock", you are including the idea of your reflection of consciousness in such a way that the rock can know itself through "your" perception even though it may not know itself exactly in the way that you do, it is still on some level "aware" that it is its own rock.

So consciousness is everything, is everywhere and you can experience it in a number of different ways. If you get more aware of the nature, more aware of all that is, more aware of different parallel realities/dimensions/aspects of imagination/creativity ect.. because there cannot be anything that you can imagine that is not somehow part of "all that is".

Existence is what it is. It is in no way shape/form subject to anything because everything exists within existence. Time/space are subject to existence, existence is not subject to time/space. Existence just has one quality. IT JUST IS. That is its nature. It IS and therefore, NON-existence is not something that existence can become. Non-existence has its own quality, it is that which does not exist. Therefore by definition non-existence "doesn't exist".

Therefore, everything that you experience is part of existence on some level "real" as a reflection of ALL that is experiencing itself in all the ways that it can and expanding and expanding in infinite reflections to allow for the expansion of ALL THAT IS knowing itself.

Now the structure of existence never changes, that is fixed. It is a definitive/reflective structure. What changes, what expands are all the different "viewpoints" experiences/perspectives of the structure that never changes. So it is both changing and unchanging, exhibiting that "paradox" of that which does not know itself and that which does. This is why it all comes downs to the ancient idea you've heard for thousands of years as why it is so important to KNOW THYSELF... because the idea is.. as you know more and more of who and what you are as an expression and a reflection of the infinite of ALL THAT IS, you experience more of "BEING" All that is, as the aspect, as the reflection of All that is that each and every single one of you is.

So remember that this is why that the true point of power is in PARADOX. Somewhere in-between what appeared to be... two polar opposites, that which does not know itself and that which does, is (in a sense) the truth of existence itself. Because everything issues from that center-point and demonstrates very clearly that even though sometimes you "think" of existence as a duality.. positive/negative, it is in fact, actually a "trinity" which explains (one way) the comments of (1+1=3) because there is always a balance point in the center and therefore being in that Balance-Point, being in that state of being is always the state of being that will allow you the best possible way to know yourself, the best possible way to receive more of the reflection of yourself and as you expand your perspective and expand your experience of ALL THAT IS from your unique point of view, you then become more and more of who you truly are, which is ALL THAT IS.

But you have decided here and now to play a game for a while of forgetting who you are because you need to forget who you are in order to remember who you are from a new point of view. You have to wipe the slate clean in order to have a truly new experience because if you exist only in the timeless state, there is no change, there is no growth, there is no discovery. So you play the game of imposing on yourself these kinds of "blinders"(if you will) to forget that you are in fact infinite. To forget that you are in fact eternal, to forget that you are in fact.. ALL THAT IS, so you can play the game of of not being ALL THAT IS and explore and discover new perspectives of yourself and that's what allows ALL THAT IS to grow and expand forever and ever and ever... It never ends :)

We have ideas that we call blending with GOD or becoming GOD consciousness, becoming infinite/absolutely infinite ect.. Most think when we blend with GOD then i guess that's it? Not necessarily, because as you BLEND with GOD, what you actually experience is that you ARE GOD, there is nothing BUT you and this is what each and everyone of you can experience because its holographic in nature, its holographic in structure and therefore just because you might suddenly experience yourself as ALL THAT IS, doesn't mean its necessarily finished because you could experience yourself as ALL THAT IS from one perspective, experience yourself as ALL THAT IS from another perspective, and on and on and on and on ect.. The ringgggg has no beginning, the ringgggg has no end. EXISTENCE JUST IS, and it is ALWAYS, ALWAYS (becoming and being)-simultaneously... again the PARADOX shows its head.

In light of the idea now that you may have a bit of a reflection of the idea of consciousness being a reflection, being a sense of self, based on the sense that there is another, that seems, that appears, to not be you, you have a sense of that game of existence that it plays with itself, to awaken itself to new understandings of exactly what it is.

Just absorb all of this in your own way, doesn't matter how you interpret this, its your own journey/path. You are your own reflection, you are your own representation of all that is and without your unique perspective, all that is could not be ALL THAT IS. So always please remember, you are valid, you are valuable, because if you weren't needed, believe me, you wouldn't exist. Because ALL THAT IS doesn't make mistakes ;)

So the fact that you exist is validation enough to prove that ALL THAT IS needs your unique perspective, your unique reflection, your unique experiences in order for it to actually be ALL THAT IT CAN BE.

KNOW THYSELF, BE THYSELF.

??

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

‘Know thyself’ is tricky because that leads to a lot of tail-chasing.  What you wanna do is embody BE-ing.  Find BE-ing, and then spend the rest of your life embodying and integrating with it.  Don’t try to conceptually know BE-ing.  Embody BE-ing instead.  Clinging to conceptual truth about reality only holds you back from embodying and integrating with Existential Truth.  If you’re clinging to a bunch of limiting-beliefs, you ain’t gonna let the Universe act and speak through you.  You won’t be open enough to let that happen.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Did you only read the last 2 words? That is also the Paradox.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

The thing that resonated most in this post is the fact that ALL THAT IS, is you! I hate saying this stuff since its all over, but seriously when have you ever experienced other? Look at conciousness, it isnt even content, its so beyond material or any form that it can be everything. Leo’s video on this is spot on, and as I grow im discovering the truths in this more and more.

Enlightenment isnt some far off thing, its literally right here , right now, and forever, no chase necessary, just surrender and commitment to surrender.

Indeed Markus :)

B R E A T H E

@pluto Great read. Some interesting insights came as I read it.
I have one question, though:

Do you differentiate ITHE ONE and ALL THAT IS?
The I is what is before discovering THE ONE, or is it synonymous to ALL THAT IS?
Or is it that ALL THAT IS identifies with both self and other, as opposed to I that identifies only with the self?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@starsofclay@pluto also, would you say that the ALL THAT IS is the other's ego?  In other words, WE are The ego? 

Edited by starsofclay

All answers to the questions you guys are asking are within the text. Let it sink in for a while, come back another time and you shall see :)

B R E A T H E

@pluto @starsofclay

Lol ok, so yes and yes. 

My point is, we are all trying to escape or control our "individual" egos, when in fact it's all one big ego. That one Ego is literally all there is. It is Truth, just as much as it is Truth that it doesn't even exist. 

Edited by starsofclay

@starsofclay The thing is the ego loses and forgets its connection to the Higher-Mind(if you will) so it can no longer see as a "whole being" thus thinks that its entirely alone and adopts fear and goes full blown survival mode instead of relaxed/flexible mode its more natural state where it knows to be expression of love not fear.

We have a physical mind and a higher mind the higher mind is the one that is more in tune with spirit/all that is/the greater consciousness (that sees all beyond the limitations of physicality) and the physical mind is simply limited by only the higher mind(so to speak) so when they harmonize then you can live more as a whole being more in-tune to the greater ALL THAT IS consciousness, so to speak.

Those we call the Enlightened ones are more in-tune with this greater consciousness(if you will) and function more as a whole being. In truth it is ALL ONE yes. We must not try to control the Ego, we must give it freedom and love it requires so it surrenders to its wholeness and we become whole as one.

The Ego's purpose is to simply be the "focus" on the physical reality and if it gets completely lost it in, it forgets about its wholeness and adopts the idea of physicality being the only thing that's real and keeps it alive so thus adopts fear as a survival defense mechanism because it has lost connection to the higher-self(so to speak) and due to this it has no access to universal love and thinks its completely alone and quite easily completely forgets love/freedom/eternity.

In a Nutshell

B R E A T H E

@pluto I agree, the ego should not be controlled but i suspect that a large portion of those in self development are attempting that. Im guilty of it myself. 

57 minutes ago, pluto said:

@starsofclay if it gets completely lost it in, it forgets about its wholeness and adopts the idea of physicality being the only thing that's real and keeps it alive so thus adopts fear as a survival defense mechanism because it has lost connection to the higher-self(so to speak) 

I suspect this happens when we are children, as we become "self aware".  Could possibly be what is referred to as the age of accountability in Christian doctrine. 

Indeed precisely when it happens from what i have heard the first 3 - 7 years of a child's life are of Most Importance and if his parents, society and the  environment is that of an ego-oriented one where they themselves are not whole-beings, the child simply picks up on that and thinks that is love when they are actually picking up fear instead and become accustomed to that as the natural state.

B R E A T H E

It all comes down to a trust issue. We come to trust the ego in our minds, rather than the higher self in the heart-centre. Once society trains us to focus on our thoughts, and on our brains; we feel separated. 

This whole love revolution is just a phrase foreshadowing the return of our consciousness down into our hearts where every question is answered; all fear is transmuted into light; and the experience of love and oneness reigns supreme. We all deserve to feel this love and oneness because that is who we truly are; every cell in the body, every form we see is made out of this love.

I enjoyed contemplating this excerpt from a book in relation to this post:

All IS WELL = the Absolute Law of Love reveals the truth of our Infinite Source, as that which Welcomes Each Life as Light.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Nice theory, pluto. But, I know better!

If everyone was existence, why would a hot girl not agree to have sex with me?

Perhaps, my ego is not so well connected with God.

devil-angel.jpg

Edited by CreamCat

@pluto

Well said! 

It's funny how quickly it can happen too.

One moment, complete clarity and oneness with ALL THAT IS. 

Next moment back on the path of following my breadcrumb trail back to that ISNESS (not even realizing that I was the one who left the breadcrumbs). 

I like to think of it as a spiral because it feels like going in circles except that the different viewpoint makes it more of a spiral than a circle. 

@FeathersandPennies I like that idea of a spiral, perhaps one that started with a single dot (if you will) and has been expanding infinitely outwards with each new perspective. Until you realize it's not a dot, because upon closer inspection you see it goes infinitely inward as well. 

@pluto

Sorry phone bug