DocHoliday

Life-Changing Speeches & Presentations Mega-Thread

46 posts in this topic

Since I couldn't find a pre-existing thread like this one, I decided that it would be a great idea to create a thread in which we could all share extremely powerful and valuable speeches and presentations that we could all learn from. You can post whatever you like obviously but unless they're truly valuable and worthwhile watching and studying, I'd reckon things like motivation speeches and videos with a length of 15min or below shouldn't be included. The more times you'd need to watch a video/presentation to get everything out of it the better:) 

Edited by Leo Gura
Prettied up the title

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Basicly anything from Allan Watts. He is misguided in many fields but hes unprecedented ease in talking about stage turquoise is capturing in words many thoughts that other way would be unspoken (at least for me).

Great thread idea

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For those of you that just graduated.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Edited by Robi Steel

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

Pausch was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in 2006. He was told in August 2007 to expect a remaining three to six months of good health. On July 25, 2008, at the age of 47, he passed away. Great example of what not fearing death looks like. 

Abridged version on Oprah:

Edited by Gabriel Antonio

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

(would love to hear any views on this guy, DM since this thread should be less of a personal discussion and more of a neat collection of ideas)

A lot more to the videos than just the law of attraction. 

Summary of the presentation (since its a 9 hour thing): 

Great idea although i think this needs a subdivision based on the color of the spiral dynamics model. There are people in orange or green which might need those kind of videos. . . What leo calls "lesser jihad" kind of vidoes. . . They need outside action, experience, practice etc, most of the forum members i guess are in this category, then there are those which need more deep videos, like those in leos blog where he talks about staying home meditating all month long that will not make sense to the tier one group and might confuse them and counterintuitively lead them to abandon the hero's journey. 

This is definively not the best video of actualized but impacted me so much a few years ago when i was in deep orange. 

One of the best that resonates with me now

@Leo-Tzu I've seen Dada's video before as well! Really nice one, his calmness and collectedness was definitely rubbing off on me at the time.

Here's another one from my personal favourite "teacher"

@DocHoliday nice choice, he's my favorite too... I've heard like 30 hours audio from his collection even this i guess.... On one when he talks about carl jung there's a part of him talking about survivors of nazi concentration camps which apparently went to so much desperation and hopelessness til they transcended all of their suffering and reached satori. He calls it a natural satori

@Leo-Tzu Yeah I heard that one too. I can imagine really well how that comes about.

@Etherial Cat Whow, just from watching those 6min I could already tell that I'm resonating quite strongly with her even though I've never seen any videos of her before! That's really cool. You can tell by her presence that she is/can be really tough and badass if need be but then there's that beautiful contrast of calmness and peace within her that all that strength is embedded in. 

So many treasures in this thread already!

Here's one of my all time favorites. I first saw this several years ago and I like to watch it again and again.

Enjoy! <3

Edited by FeathersandPennies
typo

I'm an Al Kavadlo fan.  I stumbled on to him when getting into calisthenics.   He is mainly a fitness coach, but I find a lot of spiritual wisdom in much of what he says.  These vids are pretty basic and to the point, but that's what I like about the guy.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie