sarapr

what does a completely green society look like?

47 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Zweistein I was loving him just yesterday ;)

It's a good exercise for the mind, like bench pressing 300lbs.

@Leo Gura

And today? And tomorrow? Will you be able to keep loving him no matter what happens?

Edited by Zweistein

A very recommandable documentation on Burning Man! You might not be able to understand that much because it's mostly in German, but if you want to get a really good insight into Stage Green behaviour and mentality, doesn't get any better than this.

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, they would not eliminate the organization. Green is all about community and organizing. Green's organizations just have a flat hierarchy and are focused on human relationships rather than pleasing authority figures or meeting aribitrary sales quotas.

A hippie commune is a great example of a Green organization structure. Or if you're looking for corporate examples, think of companies like Google, who treat their employees pretty well, providing lots of on-campus benefits, and have people work in small open groups.

Lots of NGOs are Green. The UN is Green-ish.

Green wants human-centered, heart-centered communities.

@Leo Gura you mention ‘google’ here as a green example. But google are constantly dodging and avoiding tax it seems.. which doesn’t sound very green 

On 6/27/2018 at 6:42 PM, Leo Gura said:

Burning Man is the epitome of Green. That's Green taken to 11, and still functioning in a healthy manner.

burning-man-circle.jpg

merlin_135533061_e30795f0-2f13-42d5-aac0-07917e57ab7d-articleLarge.jpg

Trey Ratcliff - Burning Man 2016 -  - 27-X2.jpg

Lightning in a Bottle is another one! I would never go to one of these though. I couldn't handle it. They are too wild for me. haha

12 hours ago, Zweistein said:

@Leo Gura

And today? And tomorrow? Will you be able to keep loving him no matter what happens?

I'll try, but it's like loving a skunk :P

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Skunks are incredible creatures. They can do magical things... :x

Scandinavia is green I would say, I wouldn't be surprised if many of their residents are yellow either. Mainly because i think theit society encourages and promotes growth. Not sure how true that is though, just a thought.

On 6/28/2018 at 8:13 PM, Leo Gura said:

I'm right there with you on this topic. He's difficult not to demonize. But every time I hear him speak and I'm like "NOOOO! You're on the right platform but going the wrong way!!!" He's totally guilty of what I like to call, "Pseudo-Jungian Neo-McCarthyism."

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Of course you'd say that, you're an emerald-colored Neo-Feminazi :P

@Leo Gura Yes indeed! ;) But in all seriousness JBP = bleh

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

36 minutes ago, Emerald said:

@Leo Gura Yes indeed! ;) But in all seriousness JBP = bleh

He's just a Paleo-Intellectual ;)

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He's just a Paleo-Intellectual ;)

Yeah. He seems to buy into a lot of ideas about what's natural (and not natural) based upon other animals, the social patterns of early humans, and the 'lower' nature to the exclusion of the higher nature. 

It's like he thinks that there's some golden age in the relatively recent past when we were living in tune with human nature and the natural order of human society, and that any progress we make from that point is all a huge mistake. But he fails to realize that we've always been in tune with nature, every step of the way, and that there are no mistakes. 

But my main issue with him comes down to the fact that he is very well-educated on the topic of depth psychology and esotericism, but he (purposefully) distorts this knowledge toward his own ideological convictions. I basically think he's being intentionally deceptive by working at a deeper paradigm that most people are unconscious to. 

And he sets out pieces of self-help advice, like breadcrumbs leading people unwittingly backward while giving them the illusion of going forward. It's kind of like he's trying to put a goldfish back into a tank that it's already outgrown, all-the-while thinking that it's good for the goldfish. And he's being relatively successful with it by approaching his goal by working on a level that most people are not aware of. 

Plus, everyone who debates him isn't anywhere near in the same paradigm, so they basically bring a knife to a gun fight making him look smart and them look dumb by comparison. This differentiation in paradigm also allows him to hide his intentions and true positions by omission, because the people he converses with don't know the right questions to ask. 

To speak in Spiral Dynamics lingo, he's basically a "Yellow" trying to reinstate "Blue" by giving his "Orange" audience a pill hidden in some peanut butter. He's like the Trojan horse of human regression. 

Anyway, I'm glad to rant a little bit. It's nice sometimes. Plus, I suspect that you feel similarly for similar reasons, but perhaps with less targeted vehemence toward him specifically. But that's just a suspicion.

Edited by Emerald

Emotionalmastery.org

All critizism is untenable ?

Edited by Zweistein

And no, I'm not sorry for being such a green moralist, lol ?? 

Brought to you with love from green Scandinavia ?

Edited by Zweistein

P.S. Jordan Peterson and everyone else is exactly where they=we are supposed to be right now. So, don't get me wrong - I'm not one of his advocates (even if it may look like it). I'm just getting sucked into this "accident" here (accident = this conversation) right now because I fail to just watch the scene. Lol.

Edited by Zweistein

It looks like a stage one civilization. Renewable energy. More peace and less violence. Not perfect and has its own set of problems but I think it would have less wars, crimes, people with depression and other psychological issues. More innovation. Kinda like the 60s and the space race but more driven out of curiosity rather than competition. Less dictatorships. More democracy. Less 3rd world countries.

Note I keep saying less because I don't think Green would completely eliminate it.

You build your perfect green society and than ... someone beyond the border...

XSzjB9C.jpg

Also if it goes way too far and to fast.
-In its quest for equality it will create inequality
-In its quest for tolerance it will create intolerance
-Will try to live with the Klingons. 
-Will wonder why universe wont bent to serve them.

If you have moderate healthy influx of green, probably none of that will happen.

I think the best thing will be to wait,watch and learn from what happens with Scandinavia. We have never experienced such thing, we have no clue where does this lead on this complex social level. I really hope they will go yellow before they collapse.

I may seem negatively inclined here or somehow against. But we need to be real here and see both sides of the same coin. 

I am always up for healthy green. And we know the ways a red society, blue, and now even orange can go wrong and F##K things up, we had many of them trough history .... but not with green. That's why I urge complete observation.

Edited by Clayman

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"

3 hours ago, Zweistein said:

All critizism is untenable ?

Paradoxically, it is human nature to be critical and react in particular ways to things that are seen as harmful. So, to say "all criticism is untenable" is true. But it is also true that I have strong feelings against what Jordan Peterson says and how he says it. So, I try to make space for the integration of both truths. That way I don't invalidate and repress my emotions, which is also an integral part of the infinite nature of reality. To paint over emotional truths with intellectual truths is just using the truth to lie to one's self. 

So, while I recognize that on the ultimate level everything is 100% perfect, including Jordan Peterson. I also recognize that my emotions are telling me that I don't like his schtick. And my emotions are also 100% perfect because they are part of the everything. They are not separate from the everything. 

Emotionalmastery.org

1 hour ago, Emerald said:

Paradoxically, it is human nature to be critical and react in particular ways to things that are seen as harmful. So, to say "all criticism is untenable" is true. But it is also true that I have strong feelings against what Jordan Peterson says and how he says it. So, I try to make space for the integration of both truths. That way I don't invalidate and repress my emotions, which is also an integral part of the infinite nature of reality. To paint over emotional truths with intellectual truths is just using the truth to lie to one's self. 

So, while I recognize that on the ultimate level everything is 100% perfect, including Jordan Peterson. I also recognize that my emotions are telling me that I don't like his schtick. And my emotions are also 100% perfect because they are part of the everything. They are not separate from the everything. 

Actually when I first heard of him, that was 2015, I thought he was a just some old  mad conservative nutcase, with some repressed emotional grudges against feminine energies. When you see his way of talking, the expressions, and the bad lighting along with his talking style. Yea I got quite triggered.

At that period I was actually quite into psychology, so I always suspected every thought I had, especially if I had an emotional reaction, so I delved into his personality/maps of meaning lectures, watched them quite a few times. Than it was much easier to know what he meant when he lumped a few words together, witch can be interpreted in 1000000 ways. A guy both very easy to understand on many levels, and both to be misunderstand at many.

I like your way of thinking btw ... its transcendent xD

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"