Ether

Am I at inner peace?

43 posts in this topic

@Torkys

you wouldn't post to get attention which you clearly did many times (you are repressing feeling like an outsider by seeking validation)

How do I know I was trying to get attention? Assumption. Btw what does trying to get attention has to do with suppressing emotions? makes no sense.

you wouldn't assume others are projecting on you (which is clearly a coping mechanism of yours which by definition is a way to escape your emotions)

Yes, because I havent  meditated for years and established an intense presence that I need to argue with others to "escape" my emotions. Another assumption. I suggest you stop doing that. Im in a perfect state of calmness and okayness.

you wouldn't have even made this post because the numbness wouldn't be a problem for you

Its not a problem for me, i didnt say i was. I was asking if the effects of antidepressants were off, I would feel peace. But deep down I already knew nobody would be able to tell me.

you wouldn't cling to people to get validation (I know multiple people who are "targets" of yours, including myself which I have no problem with)

Im not clinging for validation. Another assumption. I think im going into a new state of not caring what other people think. But its up to you if you wanna believe it

3 minutes ago, Etagnwo said:

If you want agreement then go purchase a cat. Don't post your ideas on the internet where differing opinions are abound. 

I expect more of an awakened person lol

I never said I awakened, more assumptions, you sounding like @Torkys :D 

15 hours ago, Ether said:

But here is the trick, I dropped the anti depressants but Im still under their effect. No side effects, just the effect of numbness.

Hi,

The numbness (perhaps even the all the time calmness) may be a symptom of "antidepressant discontinuation syndrome" that can happen for 1-2 weeks after stopping SSRI's. Especially if you didn't taper them off. (I'm a nurse)

Symptoms are generally mild to moderate and vary widely. Re-evaluate how you feel in two weeks to see if this "new" calmness remains.

Edited by Anna1

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Nobody knows the trouble I've seen... Nobody knows my sorrow... 

Asks if he's at peace, then proceeds to get in arguments with everyone. Oh the irony. The answer is no, no you're not. 

Edited by Jed Vassallo

@Ether Pills may be a crutch for one and freeing for another, I really don’t know, but it sounds like you felt you didn’t need them, so congrats on moving forward. You are the peace, we are all the peace. Life’s all finite relative stuff, you’re the infinite peace. This post makes me wonder there are somethings you want to do, to expand, learn, develop a talent or two, etc. What is it? What are those things? If you stay stagnant, it’s numbing, if you keep moving forward then you keep growing - there’s appearance of resistence, but the beauty is the resistence brings out what is infinite, what is you. Eventually even the damn resistence is beautiful. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Ether How do anti depressants work? 

I would like to try once at a party or something. 

Can you do it just for one nights fun? :D

Also, will I be able to make love that night? 

Or are there pros and cons to them? ;) 

(I've heard a few people on those pills with somewhat troubled sex life, but maybe that was just rumours)  

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

@MarkusSweden Well, if you were in mine's no cum would come out

Dont do it, they just give you a million of side effects and numbness, its not worth it.

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

Dont do it, they just give you a million of side effects and numbness, its not worth it.

ether is right, but it does not mean do nothing about depression and bad feelings. There are a thousand things to be done to improve one's feelings and mental health.

I haven't personally taken them, but everyone I know who has taken them regrets it.

Also, patented drugs are a business and one cannot divorce a doctors prescription of these drugs from business incentives. Especially in the states. 

The kingdom of heaven is within.

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

I better not try! 

I'm glad you dumped them. You will do much better without them. 

Namaste. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Don't make the numbness into a problem, accept that as your current reality.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

I better not try! 

I'm glad you dumped them. You will do much better without them. 

Namaste. 

Already am. 1 week free. No side effects just my calmness :) 

6 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Don't make the numbness into a problem, accept that as your current reality.

Didnt say it was a problem haha

33 minutes ago, Ether said:

Didnt say it was a problem haha

Ok that's good. Stop thinking of or calling that sensation numbness.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, mandyjw said:

Ok that's good. Stop thinking of or calling that sensation numbness.

It IS numbness. What else could I call it? Im not going to lie to myself.

numbness is actually one of the main side effects I hear about from antidepressants. This is not what you want. You want bliss, happiness, joy.

6 minutes ago, Ether said:

It IS numbness. What else could I call it? Im not going to lie to myself.

Experience it without calling it anything. Experience the sensation itself, not your mind's conception of what numbness feels like.

numbness is a problem if you don't want it and action needs to be taken if you want to correct it.

2 minutes ago, Colin said:

numbness is a problem if you don't want it and action needs to be taken if you want to correct it.

One day at the time.

If you can try to feel what it is to not feel, and go deeply into that experience then you have an opportunity for transformation more powerful than any psychedelic can offer you. It's a fascinating and exciting opportunity.