Slade

Is enlightenment worth it?

9 posts in this topic

Leo seemed rather unhappy in his last blog post of his first ten days of his meditation retreat. Even though his psychedelic experience showed him the “god head”. You think seeing the truth like that would make you happy.

My goal is happiness. Will enlightenment actually bring us joy? 

42 minutes ago, Slade said:

My goal is happiness

If you seek happiness directly, you will be more and more unhappy.

44 minutes ago, Slade said:

Will enlightenment actually bring us joy? 

Enjoy the meditation in itself. Results will come, but only if you're not demanding, if you have great patience. 

Yeah the latest vlog got me a bit depressed lol. 

It will bring you alot of suffering before joy

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

You gotta understand,he was taking the sledgehammer to his self. While we are not the body,there is no arguing the fact that,until physical death,we still have to contend with the body. In that sense,intense spiritual practice affects the energy of the physical and subtle nervous system heavily. Consequences will be had,there is no avoiding that. He went through some heavy,heavy purification.

Shambhavi mahamudra is designed in such a way by sadhguru that you reach the peak of happiness. Maybe that's what you need.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

The more you surrender to every aspect of life, the quicker you embody pure freedom. Most people get Enlightened completely at random or when they completely stop seeking and let go of all desires and just be and accept the natural flow of life, like a feather or a dandelion being blown by the wind. This is universal surrender, this is pure freedom, this in turn eventually becomes Enlightenment.

By just being, you allow divinity to flow through you and live as you truly are. Lao Tzu Simplicity :)

B R E A T H E

9 hours ago, Slade said:

Leo seemed rather unhappy in his last blog post of his first ten days of his meditation retreat. Even though his psychedelic experience showed him the “god head”. You think seeing the truth like that would make you happy.

My goal is happiness. Will enlightenment actually bring us joy? 

10 days of of straight meditation is hard, thats probably why he didn't seem happy.

To answer your question yes I believe enligthenment can bring you happiness.

When you're highly conscious of your nature you will feel that each moment of your life is a like snap shot, a keyframe from a movie, and in that moment you are completely and utter complete, there is nothing missing, and there nothing to add. You are perfect.

This happens on the level of feeling, not thinking though.

Edited by blazed

Existential Truth is not a destination, it’s right here right now.