Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7thLetter

What are your thoughts on medications?

12 posts in this topic

Firstly I'm just going to say that, personally I don't know enough about the different medications out there and the entire pharmaceutical industry itself to even have an opinion. But from my perspective, I often question, could it possibly be that the different medications out there are for, and just a part of the short-term result minded society that we live in, with little to no exceptions? Of course there are some medications/medicine that could be helpful, like bandages, cough syrup, Tylenol for headaches, etc. But when we're talking about things like medication for High Blood Pressure, or medication for Depression, Anxiety, ADHD, High Cholesterol, couldn't all of this be cured or prevented if only these people went the long-term route? With things like fitness, eating healthier, and meditation? It's sort of like, "ok you yourself lead yourself to this health problem of yours because of all the bad food that you eat, but you can prevent it if you just adopted a healthy lifestyle." But instead they would go the short-term route because they live in that paradigm, their emotions take over, they want to be comfortable, so they just take medications which has several possible side-effects and things could get worse. I truly believe in the fact that there currently is no magic-pill, short-term medication solution to the things that are worth having in life, like overall better health, intelligence, mastering your psychology, developing awareness, unconditional internal happiness, etc. And that all the short-term solutions would all lead to a minor or major problem in the end.

Thoughts?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Pharmaceutical Medications artificiality create the illusion that it helps but destroying your body (behind the scenes) and when you stop, you will be even worse than you started. Natural Medicine and Herbs work by helping your body adapt(Especially Adaptogenic herbs), repair and restore naturally depending on the herb/condition with minimal to no side effects when you stop.

If i were to pick one that does it all and helps every conditioned so far CBD(Cannabidiol) Oil is the best thing i have found. There are many amazing herbs out there but i think Cannabis is one of the special ones that can do it all and replace many others.

Hence why the Pharmaceutical companies try so hard to keep it illegal. No profit is cures.

Curcumin, Black Seed and Medicinal Mushrooms are also some other powerhouse herbs that are a near-cure all substance but i still think nothing comes close to CBD when it comes to the wide spectrum of things it helps and potential to heal completely.

http://thehempoilbenefits.com/what-does-cbd-help-with

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Not a fan. There may be some situations where it's appropriate, but taking pharmaceuticals tends to just mask the symptoms rather than fix and heal the underlying cause of them (is your diet poo, do you get any sunlight and nature, are you overly stressed, etc). Since they don't heal you, you often need to take them long term / forever (Big Pharma doesn't mind). And they come with all kinds of side effects. 

The medical community has been back asswards af about a ton of things. Maybe the most important thing we've gotten wrong as a society was the widespread scientific belief that nutrition had no effect on mental and physical health -- an unfunny joke. And when recommendations WERE made about what to eat (USDA food pyramid), they were PERFECTLY upside down. Wow!!! Almost like there were $ome other motivator$ other than our health and well being...

And then fasting has been looked upon suspiciously and often has been said to be unhealthy, when for most conditions it is the single best thing you can do to turn around your health. And it's 100% free hmmm...

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

I agree with the above, I've never been a fan. I was put on medication back in high school for BPD and it made me feel like such a zombie. I couldn't socialize and I hated every second of it. Once I got off of it, I felt like I couldn't focus or control my thoughts too well.

I do believe there are cases where it is really needed, like physical pain and serious mental illness, but majority of it could be fixed with cognitive therapy in my opinion. 

@pluto

Which CBD oil do you take? And can I eat curcurmin and black seed daily? I'm thinking about putting it in my tea or just downing that shit in a shot daily. 

6 hours ago, thehero said:

@pluto

Which CBD oil do you take? And can I eat curcurmin and black seed daily? I'm thinking about putting it in my tea or just downing that shit in a shot daily. 

Mine is sourced from Denmark or Japan its 2000mg CBD + CBDA RAW and i am sure you can. I know too many spices long term can be problematic but the only way is to self experiment. A few days a week herb/spice up your meals should be fine. Everyday can be taxing on the body depending on herb/spice. The stronger the spice, the less often you should use it or maybe short term then take some break. You will have to research more.

For example garlic and some other strong ones should only be used medicinally or in small amounts for recipes and meals but every day can become toxic and taxing on the nerves and organs overtime.

Personally i take turmeric & black pepper with most of my cooked meals at least 3 - 4 days of the week currently and i never noticed anything negative. During the spring/summer i eat less cooked and more raw so i use less and less as it gets hotter.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

23 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

couldn't all of this be cured or prevented if only these people went the long-term route?

Not everyone has this long term vision & understanding.  Share it softly & you can help a lot of people. ❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I've definitely been noticing lately in myself that I tend to project and criticize people based on how I view the world, and I'm starting to see this in other people as well. I know that I do it, it just can be a bit frustrating how stubborn people can be, especially the people around you in your life. My whole family that I'm living with is on meds, except for me. There's not a whole lot I can do for them really. I've tried to change good friends that I've had in the past by talking to them but its not easy. I understand that with enough consistency, you can change someone's perspective on things very slowly through working with their subconscious mind by building tons of rapport, sharing your beliefs, etc. But that just takes a whole lot of effort and energy from someone like me to put into a relationship. So I've kind of given up on trying to change people, but at the same time I just wish it was easier for them. Having basically no friends and living in solitude has been a beautiful thing, but sometimes I think it would be nice to have people around who have a similar way of living as me. But in the end I guess it doesn't matter with more and more acceptance.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@7thLetter You have a good view on things man. All part of awakening. They’re all perfect, exactly like they are. There really is no point to anything. Just love em. The ‘harder they are to love’, the deeper love you get to experience. Like you said, acceptance too. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@7thLetter I've been on medication for depression/anxiety for half a year, and still am. Whilst medications are often misused and inappropriately prescribed to people, I think there is still an important role for them in medicine. The role that medication should take is entirely dependent on the disease we are talking about. We need to look at things from a case by case basis. 

For depression, medications don't solve your problems. But they serve their purpose as crutches for people to get back on their feet. Once people start good habits (exercise, meditation, eating healthy, good work habits) they can proceed to slowly cut back on their medication. Whilst I am no expert on psychiatry, one of my close family members is an experienced psychiatrist with whom I have interesting conversations. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

I am against medication, however at times it just isn't possible and in that case its better to take them. I would suggest using natural medicine 10/10!

Meditation is the best treatment for reducing depression, anxiety, chronic and other health problem. Whenever I get stress and feel alone I prefer to do meditation because it gives relaxation of my brain and body.