John Iverson

Who's your favorite Psychologist? Give me names , contributions, books, and articles

31 posts in this topic

And what branch of psychology is he/she inclined to

Jordan Peterson - clinical psychologist xD (Just kidding, I actually like Brad Blanton, author of Radical honesty).

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

4 minutes ago, Solace said:

Jordan Peterson - clinical psychologist xD

What can you say about him? About his work and about his book :D, I heard a little bit of him and I've watched some of his videos.. He's kinda deep, sometimes the title of his video and what he is trying to say didn't match? I don't know ? But I'm open to talk about him

He is anti post modernism, and has very contradicting illogical arguments; I'd look elsewhere man.

He is good for entertainment purposes, as he gets very emotionally triggered when people disagree with him. I really want the best for the guy, but he is deeply lost in concepts, I hope he can see through it one day.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

34 minutes ago, Solace said:

He is anti post modernism, and has very contradicting illogical arguments; I'd look elsewhere man.

He is good for entertainment purposes, as he gets very emotionally triggered when people disagree with him. I really want the best for the guy, but he is deeply lost in concepts, I hope he can see through it one day.

Ow!! Now I know, That is why what he is saying is irrelevant to his title or his point is not pointing to specific points! It is scattered.. in a contrary, he has many followers.. and now he has a book called the 12 rules something something ha-ha! Even here in the Philippines bookstore here offers his book..

@John Iverson Gerald G. Jampolsky MD. He wrote a very inspiring book called 'Love is Letting Go of Fear'

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@John Iverson Gerald G. Jampolsky MD. He wrote a very inspiring book called 'Love is Letting Go of Fear'

Give me reviews about that book and how great is Gerald G. Jampolsky is :D i want to learn something from you :D

3 hours ago, Solace said:

Lol, Jordan Peterson is a hilarious joke. How can people even take him serious? First of all, it sounds like he is about to start crying whenever he speaks. Second, he is against everything that's popular today, he hates modern feminist movement(I guess he like history to continue with only men in history books), he hates post modernism, he hates multiculturalism(impossible for him to see the benefits), he is against LGBT, he is against popular culture. 

He just seem sad, just about to start crying and only talks about his phony rules, 12 rules or something. And then this talk about men and masculinity. Lol, the guy is incredible serious and pathetic. Can he even smile? :) 

To answer OP. I like pure simple jewish brilliance. My favourite is Sigmund Freud. His teachings can never grew old, simply because they are not trendy, but CLASSICAL aka timeless truth. 

Freud is the man you looking for. He was a jewish genius! 

I like Brad Blanton too, @Solace

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Well, this is me, i do not have respect for Psychologists :) 

I have more respect to enlightened masters or mountain hermits. 

3 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Lol, Jordan Peterson is a hilarious joke. How can people even take him serious? First of all, it sounds like he is about to start crying whenever he speaks. Second, he is against everything that's popular today, he hates modern feminist movement(I guess he like history to continue with only men in history books), he hates post modernism, he hates multiculturalism(impossible for him to see the benefits), he is against LGBT, he is against popular culture. 

He just seem sad, just about to start crying and only talks about his phony rules, 12 rules or something. And then this talk about men and masculinity. Lol, the guy is incredible serious and pathetic. Can he even smile? :) 

To answer OP. I like pure simple jewish brilliance. My favourite is Sigmund Freud. His teachings can never grew old, simply because they are not trendy, but CLASSICAL aka timeless truth. 

Freud is the man you looking for. He was a jewish genius! 

i don't understand some his ideals or ideas, but hey he has many subscribers on youtube! Hahaha! Sometimes i try to focus to his talk and i see that all his thoughts is scattered.. 

6 minutes ago, Quanty said:

Well, this is me, i do not have respect for Psychologists :) 

I have more respect to enlightened masters or mountain hermits. 

Then give me yours.. give me enlightened master or hermits, give me interesting ideas, knowledge and also books, books reviews.. give me some informations i want to learn from you

26 minutes ago, Dinesh Karki said:

M. Scott Peck. the road less traveled

That is what i am currently reading!! Hahaha i am on page that talks about mystery of love haha

37 minutes ago, Dinesh Karki said:

M. Scott Peck. the road less traveled

This is the book that got me started on my spiritual path, and inspired me to undergo years of psychodynamic therapy.

Other psychologists who had a major influence on me include:

Victor Frankl (Existential psychology) - 'Man's Search for Meaning' is the book that made me realize the importance of meaning, it's superiority to hedonism, and conviced me that finding meaning lies at the core of being human.

Daniel Kahneman (Behavioural psychology, Cognitive biases) - Reading his Noble Prize awarded 'Thinking Fast and Slow' is hands down the most eye opening, self-insight boosting reading experience I have ever had.

Carol Dweck (Developmental and Social Psychology) - Her main work is 'Mindset'. This was monumental to the way i related to learning.

David D. Burns (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) - Reading 'Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy' made me realize how most of my thoughtstream was irrational BS, and that I had the power to change my patterns of though.

Edited by Erlend K

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

18 minutes ago, Erlend K said:

Daniel Kahneman (Behavioural psychology, Cognitive biases) - Reading his Noble Prize awarded 'Thinking Fast and Slow' is hands down the most eye opening, self-insight boosting reading experience I have ever had.

I am only on chapter 6 of Thinking fast and slow and I can already say "Fuck Yes!"

Cheers for your suggestions @Erlend K

Does anyone else here have any opinion on Thinking fast and slow - Daniel Kahneman? Would love to hear others thoughts.

This is a review quote from the back of Thinking fast and slow. - "As Copernicus removed the Earth from the centre of the universe and Darwin knocked humans off their biological perch, Mr. Kahneman has shown that we are not the paragons of reason we assume ourselves to be" :P I don't normally go for the writing on the back of books but that one made me smile :) 

Edited by SoothedByRain

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

1 hour ago, John Iverson said:

Give me reviews about that book and how great is Gerald G. Jampolsky is :D i want to learn something from you :D

@John Iverson What good is that doing you? Read the b:D:Dk and decide for yourself.

"King, Warrior, Magician, Lover: Rediscovering the Archetypes of the Mature Masculine" by Robert L. Moore and Douglas Gillette

If you are a man and want to discover the psychological possibilities available for you, this one is amazing. Based on Jung's work I think.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

5 hours ago, Solace said:

jordan peterson is a joke and a thought leader for deeply misguided people. remember yall, watch your information intake. leo has a video on this. 

nathaniel branden - 6 pillars of self esteem

john bradshaw - healing the shame that binds you

brad blanton - radical honesty 

Edited by Widdle Puppy

Poor Jordan Peterson, let's send him love and positivity instead of our judgement, for our judgement ultimately pushes a part of our unloved shadow away. Use observations, and blessings in it's place.