Faceless

Is the pursuit to become enlightened an escape??

29 posts in this topic

Is this an escape from everyday life?? 

From all our psychological problems?? 

From the confusion and conflict of relationship?? 

For me, it started as an escape. Developed as collecting interesting ideas and rationalizing myself with delusion. Until...

Reality as I knew it started slowly collapsing and I literally started feeling like a rabbit caught in the jaws of a lion. That was the moment I realized, "oh shit I got caught!"

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Started as an escape, turned into contentness and peace,  now it's turning into being a force of love, impertubableness, humor, growth, hero's journey and much more. :)

Memento Mori

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

Meditation is not escaping from life: it is escaping into life. Mind is escaping from life, desire is escaping from life. Now, this is very strange, that meditators are thought to be escapists. That is utter nonsense. Only the meditator is not an escapist , everybody else is. 

The man who lives in the future, lives a counterfeit life. He does not really live, he only pretends to live. He hopes to live, he desires to live, but he never lives. 

The journey of awakening is the most difficult task in today's society. 

No work, hobby, responsibility can equal the agony of physical pain while in the process to find yourself. 

It shouldn’t be.  But Enlightenment and Life Purpose are very different things.  So, maybe what you need to look at is Life Purpose.  What does your Will to Explore want to do?  What does your Muse want to do?  What is your gift that you are stumbling around to try and deliver to the world?  This is why Life Purpose work is so important and very much a necessary thing to do even if you’re Enlightened.  You wanna be Enlightened PLUS know your Life Purpose Fully.  I recommend doing Leo’s Life Purpose Course, which is what I did.  Knowing your Life Purpose is such a critical and powerful thing to have nailed-down on the Path.  Then you can just flow into your Life Purpose and not have to worry so much about whether you’re doing the right thing or not.  It’s a very empowering thing to know your Life Purpose.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

The greatest purpose is freedom from the dependence on a purpose. The negation of imposed cultural and conditioned purpose creates a space for creative purpose to flower.

If we feel through our conditioning that ”I must have a purpose” then you get yourself into a ”double-bind”...And as a result one finds themselves caught up in a series of contradictions. It is safe to say that where there is contradiction there must follow confusion and conflict. And when there is conflict comes fear. With that fear we get corruption, violence, and so on. So freedom to be purposeless naturally paves the way for a creative type of purpose that manifests itself in a holistic and harmonious way. 

Purpose is expressed in the man/woman who lives as truth. 

Any action of truth is it’s own purpose. It is not a purpose influenced by the conditioned movement of mind. It is an action free of the finite movement of thought, and therefore whole.

Only a man/woman that lives as truth contributes holistic, intelligent, and orderly actions onto the world. 

Edited by Faceless

8 hours ago, Faceless said:

The greatest purpose is freedom from the dependence on a purpose. The negation of imposed cultural and conditioned purpose creates a space for creative purpose to flower.

If we feel through our conditioning that ”I must have a purpose” then you get yourself into a ”double-bind”...And as a result one finds themselves caught up in a series of contradictions. It is safe to say that where there is contradiction there must follow confusion and conflict. And when there is conflict comes fear. With that fear we get corruption, violence, and so on. So freedom to be purposeless naturally paves the way for a creative type of purpose that manifests itself in a holistic and harmonious way. 

Any action of truth is it’s own purpose. It is not a purpose influenced by the conditioned movement of mind. It is an action free of the finite movement of thought, and therefore whole.

Only a man/woman that lives as truth contributes holistic, intelligent, and orderly actions onto the world. 

The only way for you to know is to do Leo’s Course.  You won’t find out the value of it unless you do it.  So, don’t limit yourself a priori.  Now, if you did the Course and told me this, that would be a different thing.  I would say Life Purpose work is mandatory for people serious on the Path.  Why would you forego doing this work?  That seems like an unwillingness to explore.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

45 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I would say Life Purpose work is mandatory for people serious on the Path.

Will you elaborate on this?
Why does life need a purpose? What is the purpose of having a purpose?
Why does seriousness have anything to do with this?

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

whether its an escape or not depends if you expect more, if you're satisfied being who you are

whatever it is that you're doing, you're being now

or are you trying to be what you think you will be, in the future

if a seeker is fully satisfied seeking then he is not seeking in the usual sense, is he/she really seeking at all?

one can seek painstakingly or joyfully

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

Life purpose is a human convention/invention. 

If the child is not brainwashed to become a thinker in society, then the child will become his greatest version/enlightened.

The problems only arise with mass murdering creativity and the left side of us. 

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The only way for you to know is to do Leo’s Course.  You won’t find out the value of it unless you do it.  So, don’t limit yourself a priori.  Now, if you did the Course and told me this, that would be a different thing.  I would say Life Purpose work is mandatory for people serious on the Path.  Why would you forego doing this work?  That seems like an unwillingness to explore.

Hehe 

You must not understand:)

All of this is a manifestation of your own self created persona my friend.

If you want to play that game I applaud you. ??

4 hours ago, Outer said:

No it's not an escape from everyday life as you're not changing much before and after enlightenment except that there are no self-referential thoughts.

The confusion and conflicts of relationships are largely driven by emotions and reasoning, you don't escape that, you just aren't so attached to anything, including emotions. Like it should be.

Ok O.o

On 15.5.2018 at 5:02 PM, Faceless said:

From all our psychological problems?? 

From the confusion and conflict of relationship?? 

I have to admit that a lot of my seeking and my pursuit of enlightenment is largely a future-directed attempt of escaping something, although I oftentimes honestly don't know what I'm escaping - and so I wonder: what is it that I really want to accomplish? What is it that I'm trying to escape? Or sometimes the inquiry is just as simple as, where's the problem?

And even if i don't know, I assume that many seekers would actually have to admit that they are in one form or another just attempting to escape their suffering. But i'm not sure.

@Faceless btw, I really enjoy your contributions on this forum. 

@beaucoup  :)

Honesty and humility are desires worst enemy. 

Where there is awarness of all the subtle forms of desire there is a possibility for the ending of deception??

11 hours ago, Outer said:

Wait do you actually think about this often in this way or are you just communicating it this way?

Every fkn day, what else would I be thinking about? lol 

7 hours ago, Faceless said:

All of this is a manifestation of your own self created persona my friend.

Lol that's like saying "why are you trying  to change the world and help people? that's just a illusion you're playing on yourself." missing the point entirely. @Faceless doesn't want to impact the world or give his greatest gifts he just wants to point out everyone metaphysical implications as though everyone is in a trap instead of looking at what they're actually talking about. That's what I see, correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

20 hours ago, Faceless said:

@Truth

??

Oh, I missed that, but yet that's still just a fancier way of what @Joseph Maynor said lol

Memento Mori