MarkusSweden

Space, what can we say about it?

10 posts in this topic

Have you noticed that space is a more difficult concept to wrap your mind around compare to time? 

After all we don't experience different "now" at the moment. Right now, there is just one "now", that we all share. No one is living outside of the now, in the past or future. 

Time is more intuitive Then space, you can almost sence the truth of "time" - that time is nothing but an eternal neverending now. 

Space seem more difficult get a firm grip on. We don't share the same "here".(only the same "now) One wise man Said once.. TIME is eternity filtered through thoughts, and SPACE is infinity filtered through perception. What does that even suppose to mean? 

Also, is there a smallest lenght of space? Like a derivative of the "planc lenght" for example? Maybe the loop quantum gravity creates smallest "distance" in space?

Or is it possible to zoom in for ever in space? That means that even the smallest space we can imagine can be a gigantic galaxy from another perspective within that sub space? 

Space is an illusion just like time from an absolute point of view. But as soon as we see space from the slighest relative perspective, it becomes so mysterious, don't you think? 

Why is Leo's "here"(LAS VEGAS) so very distant from me when his "now"(time) is always the same as mine. The illusion of space seem so convincing.

What can we really say about it? ?

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

"Here" and "now" are actually interchangeable. Try it. Walk yourself through the same process that lead you to now and you'll be here.

Everything is always 'here' in the same sense that everything is always 'now'.

There is no 'there', just as there is no 'then' when you read this text.
This text is always 'here' and 'now'.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

Space is an illusion just like time from an absolute point of view.

Ultimately, there is no division. You are the knower, you are the known, you are the seer, you are the seen, you are the experiencer, you are the experienced , only you are.

Swami Ram Tirth always said, 'The moon and the stars, revolve within me, the sun rises within me.' People like Ramtirth have expounded upto cosmic-body. The endless boundaries of the universe are now their boundaries, so they will experience all revolvings within themselves. Such an individual can say, 'I see the world being created and being destroyed, I see the moon and stars taking births and dying.'

So, when there is no time, there is no space, only you are.

Time is not an illusion, movement / change is initially illusory. Time is a well thought out means of enslavement, plain old human stuff, product of thinking / ego.

Space is not illusory either, it’s you, appearing like you do. Nothing. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

One thing about time I can never understand is this : if you were moving at the speed of light, time would seem to stop but for how long? Cause time has to resume eventually for the light to even move . it's like time stops for an eternity but also continues to pass somehow??!!? I never got this 

Edited by sarapr

On 4/30/2018 at 3:21 AM, MarkusSweden said:

Have you noticed that space is a more difficult concept to wrap your mind around compare to time? 

After all we don't experience different "now" at the moment. Right now, there is just one "now", that we all share. No one is living outside of the now, in the past or future. 

Time is more intuitive Then space, you can almost sence the truth of "time" - that time is nothing but an eternal neverending now. 

Space seem more difficult get a firm grip on. We don't share the same "here".(only the same "now) One wise man Said once.. TIME is eternity filtered through thoughts, and SPACE is infinity filtered through perception. What does that even suppose to mean? 

Also, is there a smallest lenght of space? Like a derivative of the "planc lenght" for example? Maybe the loop quantum gravity creates smallest "distance" in space?

Or is it possible to zoom in for ever in space? That means that even the smallest space we can imagine can be a gigantic galaxy from another perspective within that sub space? 

Space is an illusion just like time from an absolute point of view. But as soon as we see space from the slighest relative perspective, it becomes so mysterious, don't you think? 

Why is Leo's "here"(LAS VEGAS) so very distant from me when his "now"(time) is always the same as mine. The illusion of space seem so convincing.

What can we really say about it? ?

It is not possible to zoom in forever in space, according to the most widely accepted modern physical theories. Were one to try to peer into a space smaller than the planck length, one would need to focus too much energy in too small a space until a black hole is created. 

The common misconception though is that this means that nothing is going on at scales smaller than the planck length. This is NOT what quantum mechanics teaches us -- it has nothing to say about what is going on at such scales. In fact, there ARE some results in physics that use distances smaller than the planck length (for example, the change in radius a black hole undergoes when swallowing up 1 extra bit of information is far smaller than a planck length).

It is entirely possible that there are whole universes, perhaps unimaginably different from ours, that if we COULD zoom in (which we can't) would reveal themselves. Maybe even these universes have an effect on our universe, but since they are too small to be seen we pass them off as "quantum weirdness". There being stuff going on at these ever smaller and smaller (and larger and larger) scales makes more intuitive sense to me, personally. However these questions may forever be beyond the reach of science and technology.

The wise man that talked about time being eternity filtered through thought and space is infinity filtered through perception is Rupert Spira. His books and teachings and videos are highly recommended, and some of the most no nonsense pointers to Truth I've ever come across. And even if they don't lead you to Truth, they are very practical, comforting, and beneficial to put into practice. I might try to dig up a video or two where he uses that quote.

As for the illusory nature of space, you said it -- we are always HERE. Try taking your finger and pointing it at a distant object... then, slowly move your finger towards your eyes. Naively we could say it is traveling through space. However, it is just as plausible to say that your visual field is a screen, and the finger is simply taking up more and more pixels as it gets closer to you.... Try it!!!

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

23 hours ago, sarapr said:

One thing about time I can never understand is this : if you were moving at the speed of light, time would seem to stop but for how long? Cause time has to resume eventually for the light to even move . it's like time stops for an eternity but also continues to pass somehow??!!? I never got this 

whoa that is a sick thought I'd never considered.

My thoughts are that if one were to be going the speed of light, they would have to be light itself. No object with mass can be accelerated to the speed of light (according to physics).

You say "time has to resume for light to even move"... This is relative to us. If we watch a photon be emitted from the sun and be absorbed by earth, that will take some duration of time for us. But "to the photon", it is emitted and instantly absorbed, at the same time. But even that isn't quite right, because the photon has no concept of time. Asking how long does a photon's life feel is like asking how heavy is the color blue.

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

19 hours ago, InfinitePotential said:

It is not possible to zoom in forever in space, according to the most widely accepted modern physical theories. Were one to try to peer into a space smaller than the planck length, one would need to focus too much energy in too small a space until a black hole is created. 

The common misconception though is that this means that nothing is going on at scales smaller than the planck length. This is NOT what quantum mechanics teaches us -- it has nothing to say about what is going on at such scales. In fact, there ARE some results in physics that use distances smaller than the planck length (for example, the change in radius a black hole undergoes when swallowing up 1 extra bit of information is far smaller than a planck length).

It is entirely possible that there are whole universes, perhaps unimaginably different from ours, that if we COULD zoom in (which we can't) would reveal themselves. Maybe even these universes have an effect on our universe, but since they are too small to be seen we pass them off as "quantum weirdness". There being stuff going on at these ever smaller and smaller (and larger and larger) scales makes more intuitive sense to me, personally. However these questions may forever be beyond the reach of science and technology.

The wise man that talked about time being eternity filtered through thought and space is infinity filtered through perception is Rupert Spira. His books and teachings and videos are highly recommended, and some of the most no nonsense pointers to Truth I've ever come across. And even if they don't lead you to Truth, they are very practical, comforting, and beneficial to put into practice. I might try to dig up a video or two where he uses that quote.

As for the illusory nature of space, you said it -- we are always HERE. Try taking your finger and pointing it at a distant object... then, slowly move your finger towards your eyes. Naively we could say it is traveling through space. However, it is just as plausible to say that your visual field is a screen, and the finger is simply taking up more and more pixels as it gets closer to you.... Try it!!!

Some smart dudes here at actualised.org, great and nuanced answer! Thanks! 

Isn't it so, yes or no?