zoey101

I want to understand

105 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

Okay, so basically just live and focus on the now, because you can't change what has happened or what will happen so no point in living your life trying. Just live and work in the now.

Is that close?

Yes, very close. Good!

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

What happens is that the ego always want something. But, if you want it, is because you don't have it. So... the ego says "I will get it in the future".

When it gets it, it's disappointing.  It's not what he expected, because in the imagination the ego created and idea of what that will be and is never close to what is in reality. So, he begin to search more, and to seek... and is never whole, never complete. Is always searching for a new thing.

And that's what happens with enlightenment, he converts it in an object that you can have in time. And that is preventing you to see that you are NOW reality. You are NOW whole, and complete.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

13 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Send me The Concept for me too!!!

:P

Hehehe ?

You are already aware of it.

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Hehehe ?

You are already aware of it.

hehehe... xD

God i feel kinda silly right now. I can't stop smiling and I feel so smart right now. :3

I'm already trying to think myself positive like what @Arkandeus said. I've been having a pretty alright day. It's been pretty uneventful and boring, like most days. But I've felt pretty good. Usually when the days go like this, I feel drained and super sleepy, but I feel pretty energetic and happy right now ^_^

Even if that's not exactly what it's supposed to do, I like feeling this way 9_9

15 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

Okay, so basically just live and focus on the now, because you can't change what has happened or what will happen so no point in living your life trying. Just live and work in the now.

Is that close?

Yeah try that for now and observe what problems may arise in that. If psychological time is in movement you are not meeting ACTULLY the now. This is not a mere concept but is an actualaltiy in process or fact that takes place in the self/ego. You can see it moving in yourself. This comes with self awareness. 

Even to “focus on” now is a movement of psychological time. As focus implies concentration “thought” ...It’s the ego seeking, desiring, the movement of will. So you think time will bring about a sense of psychological security in the future that has been formed upon a conclusion of the past. U suffered in the past and you invite hope “time” as a means to escape from that suffering, and set it as a goal in the future. Only hope is an idea “abstraction” of what is actully happening now which is suffering. 

So for example your memory is filled with suffering and you carry that suffering from the past with you into the present moment. Then you make a “goal to achieve”  which is the movement of volition, which is the ego  attempting to become free from suffering in the future. So you are counting on time ‘I will become free later’ by the gradual process of the accumulation of knowledge, experience, which is the thought. But thought procrastinates, that is how it works. The movement of thought in its very function avoids whole action NOW. To be free psychologically thought has no place. It’s an illusion to seek psychological security in thought which is time. To employ thought to become psychologically secure creates psychological insecurity. That’s where all the contradiction, confusion, and conflict arises. 

This will be more understood as you start seeing it in yourself. Everything must be seen actually in yourself. ?

When ever you come across something that catches your eye but you don’t quite understand yet, bookmark it. You will notice that things you have heard before will start to make sense as you go. 

This may seem like to much now but I think you will get it soon. 

God i feel kinda silly right now. I can't stop smiling and I feel so smart right now. :3

I'm already trying to think myself positive like what @Arkandeus said. I've been having a pretty alright day. It's been pretty uneventful and boring, like most days. But I've felt pretty good. Usually when the days go like this, I feel drained and super sleepy, but I feel pretty energetic and happy right now ^_^

Even if that's not exactly what it's supposed to do, I like feeling this way 9_9

?Your Awsome!!

47 minutes ago, Ether said:

Seems like me! :)

That’s a pretty common pattern:)

Thank you all so much. Like I said, I'm still super confused about a lot of stuff, but I think I'm grasping some of it :) Please keep going, I'm having fun. xD

2 minutes ago, Faceless said:

@zoey101

definitely keep talking to @abrakamowse, and even ask @who chit, questions if you need. They seem like they would be a few that can really get stuff across to you. 9_9

I wouldn't mind that at all ^_^

I wouldn't mind that at all ^_^

?

3 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

Found this article. Thought it was a cool simplification of the Koans. Thought I'd share it.

https://fractalenlightenment.com/37292/spirituality/5-zen-koans-that-will-open-your-mind

Thanks for sharing Zoey, I found these ones some time ago... 

http://ashidakim.com/zenkoans/zenindex.html

5 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

Woah, that's a lot! Thank you xD

You are welcome! 

:)

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

That’s a pretty common pattern:)

Sarcasm?

30 minutes ago, Ether said:

Sarcasm?

Fact?not sarcasm.

its the result of feeling separated from the whole. 

The result of being time bound. Bounded by thought. 

Edited by Faceless

@Faceless  Yes I've read the power of now, some deep contemplative shit in that book man that opened my eyes immensely and changed my perspective a lot.