zoey101

I want to understand

105 posts in this topic

Innerstand.

The ego-self is the character you have chosen to play in this game we call life.

The non-self is completely surrendering and becoming one with the game itself thus ultimately become no-game ;)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Goodness... I feel like I kind of understand it but wow is it overwhelming! 

11 hours ago, robdl said:

Have you had any experiences with psychedelics? Literally going out of your mind may be what it takes for it to click.  It's hard to understand this stuff from the perspective of conventional mind.  How can the mind possibly fathom what lies beyond mind?   What you're after --- the mind can never touch.  So you're confused, and rightfully so!

I have always been interested in seeing what these do, but I fear trying because I really don't want to know what a bad trip is like.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No, no, no.

The ego self is your physical existence. The idea that were born and are alive.

The no-self is death of that.

Imagine that one day your life just ended. Like you were never even born. But your body keeps on living. That is enlightenment.

What people fail to understand about enlightenment is that "being alive" and "being born" and "physical existence" are just IDEAS! And once you realize they are IDEAS, all of reality will unravel and your life will collapse into Infinity.

Physical existence is not a fact. It is an IDEA.

First of all, can't believe you commented on my thread! Thank you! I will admit, it's a bit intimidating. :o

I'm having just a little trouble wrapping my mind around this :( not sure what question to ask to better understand it...

10 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

@zoey101  there's many perspectives, we all see reality from our experiences and we explain it in the way that it make sense to us.

Just take what your intuition tells you is true, and continue investigating always with an open mind. Search for the answers inside you. 

I always listen to everything and I don't think I ever had the "ultimate truth", I am always open to learn new things. Don't get confused because everybody has different perspectives or I will better say "different ways of saying the same thing". 

For example, I continue in my experience seeing that enlightenment is another word for salvation. Others can see that differently. But, remember one Zen story that is very true... the story of the elephant and the blind monks.

Alan Watts explain some of the things I told you in this video, watch it when you have time. Alan Watts is super interesting and he was a ordained as an Episcopal priest, then he continue studying others religions and philosophies , he's really good.

I think I get this. It's like how even despite all parts of the world being totally isolated when they were developing their own mythologies and such, you still see instances like Prometheus (Greek), Maui (Polynesian), and Loki (Norse) stealing fire for humanity?

7 hours ago, who chit said:

Whatever you "know" up to now is an accumulation of concepts, ideas,beliefs,opinions you have gathered throughout life.
2+2= 4. This has been told to you as being true. At some point someone said if you add these two numbers this is what it equals. You don't know that for sure,you were told that and made to believe it. Conditioning.

Truth: Numbers don't exist in reality. They are a concept,an idea and don't really exist. What is this symbol 2. It is a conceptualized image to support another idea someone decided to call a "number" . When you look up at the "sky". Is that really what it is. A sky ? That is a name,an idea, Without calling it a sky,what the hell is it? You don't experience a sky so how can you know it really exists?.   By the way,the sky doesn't really exist either. It is a perceiving of an unreal object, in a non existent mind.

What fun,eh?

I think I can see that. The only reason the name for anything exists is because we decided that's what we were gonna call it. So is the thinking process supposed to be that it only "exists" because we assigned a name to it, but if we recognize that the name is just a concept, then..... <-- and that's where I lose it :/

5 hours ago, Arkandeus said:

indeed , that's it, excitement is a great sign

it's more then a trickle down effect, you will change the very matter of reality, 

as your lovely will dawns upon the world, you will automatically be interested in finding out who or what you really are

I'm glad I understood even just one part of this lol

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is wrong.

It's very obvious what God is when once you awaken. You are it.

Any supernatural or mystical phenomena will be lesser than awakening. There is a lot supernatural phenomena possible within the field of spirituality, but awakening will beat them all. Don't get distracted with shiny objects.

Is this kind of like:

He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move and nothing will be impossible for you.” ~ Matthew 17:20 ESV

As in, until you are one with the Spirit, you won't be able to see or experience what the universe is holding beyond our flesh?

'Physical existence is not a fact. It is an IDEA.'

I see so many statements like these and I don't see the purpose of them. Like when people go 'reality' isn't 'real'. Maybe if more effort was taken to explain the layers of such statements it wouldn't be so confusing, at least to me.

Within the typical experience physical existence sure feels like a 'fact'. The words that describe it being 'real' or a 'fact' were created to describe exactly what they are, then someone comes along that gets a glimpse of 'reality' from another angle and starts to rewrite the meaning of the words originating within that very 'reality' themselves? 

Like when deadpool breaks the 4th wall, anybody hearing him inside his reality would have no idea wtf he was talking about.

I want to congratulate @zoey101 for her dynamic inquiry, that's the spirit

it's definitely not easy to grasp all these different concepts thrown by all these different people, your effort to try and understand is really nice

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

1 hour ago, zoey101 said:

He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, move from here to there, and it will move and nothing will be impossible for you.” ~ Matthew 17:20 ESV

As in, until you are one with the Spirit, you won't be able to see or experience what the universe is holding beyond our flesh?

He also said that miracles are not important, even they can be manifested once you know who you really are.

In John 10:37-38

You do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

8 minutes ago, Arkandeus said:

it's definitely not easy to grasp all these different concepts thrown by all these different people, your effort to try and understand is really nice

Her sincerity is beautiful. It’s a great advantage:)

7 hours ago, Charlotte said:

@Faceless Thanks for sharing that. Sounds extremely interesting! I'm really interested in going down the route of exploring the nature of thought and how it links to identity etc I believe that could break down a lot for me. 

Would you recommend any sources? Books? Video's? Or is it a case of Googlesvile?

Thanks again! ♥️

Thanks ??

Well have you realized the significance of ending psychological time? 

This is what allowed this form of inquiry to run so smoothly. I didn’t learn how to inquire as I think that is dependent on the one who inquires. I have never read any books so I can’t recommend any. It’s only over the last few months I have been exploring what others have said through a few videos. But before that I was solo on the inquiry. Observation of the inward ‘thoughts’ and the outward nature as a whole “happening” really seemed to be my source of insight. 

Who are you currently watching or reading? 

Edited by Faceless

It only exists, and this applies to all objects including thought,because you believe it does. That's ok,this is your current level of perception for now. Since you believe it exists you apply a self derived name,a concept to it. When a name is given, it further deepens the belief in it's existence.
To know what is true,our real nature, or true "I", we have to break the identification with the psychological mind and thoughts. In the absence of thought we can be what we truly are.

15 minutes ago, who chit said:

It only exists, and this applies to all objects including thought,because you believe it does. That's ok,this is your current level of perception for now. Since you believe it exists you apply a self derived name,a concept to it. When a name is given, it further deepens the belief in it's existence.
To know what is true,our real nature, or true "I", we have to break the identification with the psychological mind and thoughts. In the absence of thought we can be what we truly are.

Well said friend?

Does this guy know his chit or what?!!! :D

Edited by Faceless

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

Well said friend?

Does this guy know his chit or what?!!! :D

Thanks man  folded-hands.png    :)

2 hours ago, Arkandeus said:

Agreed. 
tenor.gif?itemid=10359551

3 hours ago, Arkandeus said:

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

Her sincerity is beautiful. It’s a great advantage:)

50 minutes ago, who chit said:

Agreed. 
tenor.gif?itemid=10359551

*blush* lol you guys are sweet. Honestly though, I haven't felt this excited about learning something in a long time.

I definitely don't understand all of this stuff, but it's pretty interesting. I want to understand it all but I know that's gonna take probably years to do.. Although I am pretty impatient lol one of my "ego" characteristics I suppose :D

9 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

*blush* lol you guys are sweet. Honestly though, I haven't felt this excited about learning something in a long time.

I definitely don't understand all of this stuff, but it's pretty interesting. I want to understand it all but I know that's gonna take probably years to do.. Although I am pretty impatient lol one of my "ego" characteristics I suppose :D

This is the only thing I have ever been interested in this deeply. 

Remeber these realizations don’t depend on a certain amount of time. Some take years and some it realization of spontaneous and all of a sudden. Once you get into psychological time and that movement starts to end you have already realized what takes many decades to finally see. And in this you will see the beauty of what is. 

We are all beginners. Learning is a two way street. We are sharing with one another. Their is no teacher. This is for you and only you. Don’t let it become a chore. Don’t let effort destroy its beauty. 

Thats very important. To me anyway?

Edited by Faceless

I still have no idea what you mean by psychological time though o.O

3 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

You will ?

it’s a movement that is inherent in the ego/thought. I will send you The concept so you can easily identify/observe it in your own inner movements. 

Edited by Faceless

I have noticed many seem to be unaware of this movement. To me it’s the #1 most important thing to relaized to embody any understanding actually. 

Edited by Faceless

2 minutes ago, zoey101 said:

Time is created by the mind. The only real thing is the NOW. Now is the only thing that exists, when a second pass that NOW that passed is in our memory. And our memory doesn't capture the true moment, it distort it. The future is in our imagination. 

That creates an idea of time, that is psychological. Created by the mind. There's no past and no future, only NOW.

You have to read Eckhart Tolle "The Power of Now"

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

18 minutes ago, Faceless said:

You will ?

it’s a movement that is inherent in the ego/thought. I will send you The concept so you can easily identify/observe it in your own inner movements. 

Send me The Concept for me too!!!

:P

Edited by abrakamowse

21 hours ago, Faceless said:

My good friend I grew up with parents are like that. His dad was even a preacher for a while. My friend suffers tremendously. 

Hes doing better since we share stuff with one another. But he can’t seem to break that conditioning. Everything is determined by the that conditioning. View on life/existence. Classic alienation, separation, the stranger in the world outlook. 

Seems like me! :)

3 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Time is created by the mind. The only real thing is the NOW. Now is the only thing that exists, when a second pass that NOW that passed is in our memory. And our memory doesn't capture the true moment, it distort it. The future is in our imagination. 

That creates an idea of time, that is psychological. Created by the mind. There's no past and no future, only NOW.

You have to read Eckhart Tolle "The Power of Now"

:)

Okay, so basically just live and focus on the now, because you can't change what has happened or what will happen so no point in living your life trying. Just live and work in the now.

Is that close?