Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Antiochos

Benefits of Cannabis to Stopping Addiction

15 posts in this topic

I have read this article about addiction and marijuana and it's pretty fascinating. I know that marijuana isn't addictive but this article says marijuana can help you stop from different sorts of addiction like smoking tobacco, drinking alcohol, and some other drug addiction. I have no experience even a little in using cannabis products and I don't even smoke but this got me curious. Anyone? what are your thoughts about this?

Could be legit. But cannabis in itself can definitely also be an addiction. I live in Amsterdam and have seen quite a few people get really hung up on cannabis. 

Yeah its definitely psychologically addictive. Maybe if you look into CBD oil or medicinal cannabis/edibles as there is a more psychedelic chemical effect thus less often is needed.

B R E A T H E

check out nutritionfacts.org, he made few videos on cannabis and its impact to brain literally like 2 weeks ago. Latest science at your fingertips ;)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I smoked 5 years daily and just stopped one day cold turkey. Just 2-3 days with weird dreams and some craving during the day. Cannabis was a really easy habit to kick for me.

It all depends on the individual. If you go to sites like cannabisrehab.org or r/leaves on Reddit, you'll see some people have a really hard time with it. As for me, I quit a 3 year daily habit; slept like crap for about a week and a half, and then I was okay. Still use from time to time, but not on the regular.

I'd generally smoke far less tobacco if I was high all day, but I wouldn't really recommend it as a nicotine quitting aid. Cannabis isn't physically addictive but it's very habit forming,  plus it's even more expensive than tobacco. 

I think it can be useful to help with very hard addictions like alcoholism (self-experienced) or heavy drugs, just because those can be life threatening.  For other addictions, I don't see a reason to start a new habit, since that person already has addictive tendencies.  

Cannabis for the dormant is dangerous. Stop reading nonsense papers on the internet. 

I speak from many years of experience in cannabis. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

On 4/26/2018 at 2:54 AM, Antiochos said:

I have read this article about addiction and marijuana and it's pretty fascinating. I know that marijuana isn't addictive but this article says marijuana can help you stop from different sorts of addiction like smoking tobacco, drinking alcohol, and some other drug addiction. 

Marijuana isn't physically addictive like alcohol, meth or heroine. Yet it is highly habit forming. It's easy to fall into the habit and hard to break. There are forums filled with habitual pot smokers struggling to quit. Many smokers just want to take a two week break to reduce THC tolerance - and struggle to do so.

For someone with an addiction habit to more harmful drugs like alcohol and cocaine - they would greatly reduce harm by shifting to a marijuana habit. Yet if someone's intention is to break an addiction quick and live sober - psychedelics are much more effective and have a much lower risk.

''I know that marijuana isn't addictive''  >  No, you don't.

Weed is 100% super duper ultra mega addictive. I kicked alcoholism out of my life through weed though.

And stopped smoking cigarettes by smoking joints instead.

Better than marihuana for addictions in my experience is fermented raw cacao nuts. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.