CroMagna

Anger Makes Life Pointless and Miserable

12 posts in this topic

My life purpose is inner peace.  But my thoughts and conflict with people make me frequently angry, which makes life pointless.  Also hate the feeling of anger.  It feels terrible.

What do I do?

'What you resist, persists'. ?

Stop thinking and suppressing that you shouldn't be angry. Feelings are trying to help / teach you, so pay close attention to them. 

@Rebec Notice and actually experience for yourself that no one creates anger or frustration within you.

It's all your creation. 

You choose to act and react and interpret things a certain way.

What would it look like if you literally did not have an opinion or a set way in your mind about how the world should be?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V totally agreeing with your argument.  

But there are two sides on this coin. If you're actualizing you are on the one side faced with your emotions (and I believe that in the first stages of growth you have to deal with these emotions). Leo has mentioned in one of his videos that if you're in the negative (below zero) first go to zero and than start building (or actually break down your ego-building) - this is the other side of the coin.

I believe if you feel or expercience the same feelings over and over again and it's really affecting your growth, do some work on these emotions. This way it's no longer a hurdle when you move in direction of your life purpose.

@Rebec I'm not saying he should avoid emotion-and-shadow work. The opposite.

When you completely own that you create your emotions yourself, you can't blame anyone else or any other 'outside' circumstance anymore. This is fucking scary because it makes you realise it's all in your hands to change. So, you start taking full responsibility of your emotions and learn about why they arise.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@CroMagna

Habitual anger usually means that you've got some unexpressed pain in you. As one of my mentors is fond of saying, shame becomes rage.

Who hurt you?

3 hours ago, CroMagna said:

But my thoughts and conflict with people make me frequently angry, which makes life pointless.

All problems are internal. Notice that it is your problem that you made a thing a problem. You won't be angry if you drop some expectations. Anger - as far as I understand - is a reaction to breaking an expectation.

3 hours ago, CroMagna said:

Also hate the feeling of anger.  It feels terrible.

Accept anger. Hating anger will just generate more of it but this is no reason to repress your hatred neither. Accept all of it.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

6 hours ago, CroMagna said:

My life purpose is inner peace.  But my thoughts and conflict with people make me frequently angry, which makes life pointless.  Also hate the feeling of anger.  It feels terrible.

What do I do?

I had major anger issues. Grew up in an angry household and didn’t really realize it wasn’t normal. I was introverted too, so I became manic depressive. Therapy & medications didn’t work, side effects made life worst. Meditation & a few trips more than cured me. What I realized is, it was me (completely me) the whole time. Anger’s weird that way, cause I thought it was who / what I was mad at. Felt logical & justified. I was the unhappy one with the anger though. Seems obvious now. Hope that share helps. Anger sucks ass man. 

“Anger is like holding a hot coal and expecting another to be burned” - Buddha (or some guy on the internet)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 12/04/2018 at 0:07 AM, Nahm said:

“Anger is like holding a hot coal and expecting another to be burned” - Buddha (or some guy on the internet)

Also...

Holding-onto-anger-is-like-drinking-pois

@Ether nice. (I was that some guy on the internet lol). Another of my favorites..

”Anger is like eating Taco Bell at 3am and expecting someone else to be shitting at 6am.” 

- Unknown

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 11/04/2018 at 9:26 PM, Max_V said:

When you completely own that you create your emotions yourself, you can't blame anyone else or any other 'outside' circumstance anymore. This is fucking scary because it makes you realise it's all in your hands to change. So, you start taking full responsibility of your emotions and learn about why they arise.

+1

If I may add, a deep understanding of why/how emotions actually work can start to destabilise them. 

pay attention to your breath when you're angry and you'll teach yourself everything else.