Key Elements

Taking psychedelics (or not) for spiritual development

Taking psychedelics (or not) for spiritual development    54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you take psychedelics for spiritual development?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I'm considering it.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

That's what he said @Key Elements

JedMcKenna.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse oh..Thanks. Nothing like different karmas being the reason or not being the reason for trying 5meo. But, you know, even meditation is sometimes too strong for some. Leo did a clip on "The Dark Side of Meditation."

11 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Has he even tried psychedelics?

Memento Mori

Maybe he just sees how most people become so obsessed with spirituality yet never wake up. 

From the very very little I have seen of him just now he seems to be providing good information for the most part. He doesn’t seem to want to add anything to others minds which is great.

18 minutes ago, Truth said:

Has he even tried psychedelics?

I don't think so... but I am not sure.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

32 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

JedMcKenna.jpg

To me it seems he doesn’t promote drugs because he might think it’s easy to get caught in illusion and deception for people who haven’t self inquired deep enough. If you don’t understand yourself this is bound to happen. 

24 minutes ago, Faceless said:

To me it seems he doesn’t promote drugs because he might think it’s easy to get caught in illusion and deception for people who haven’t self inquired deep enough. If you don’t understand yourself this is bound to happen. 

Yes, that's true... sometimes even in awakenings without drugs you get into the illusion more deeply than before. It could be a good reason, yep

For what they call "Psyche-delics" is the biggest irony in itself because when we are children we are naturally in these states just in a more clear and vibrant way. This state feels evolved for a reason. Its who we are.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Ehh... I'm sure Jed McKenna is respectful gentleman, but that was a poor explanation, given the extensive cultural and historical use of psychedelics as well as the scientific evidence of its benefits and ability to produce symptoms of spiritual experiences. Also to reduce a 5-meo experience to the label "drug", a class that is shared by heroin, cocaine, cigarettes, alcohol is disingenuous and reeks of ignorance.

I sure wish a guru could actually give a thoughtful answer regarding this subject.

12 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Ehh... I'm sure Jed McKenna is respectful gentleman, but that was a poor explanation, given the extensive cultural and historical use of psychedelics as well as the scientific evidence of its benefits and ability to produce symptoms of spiritual experiences. Also to reduce a 5-meo experience to the label "drug", a class that is shared by heroin, cocaine, cigarettes, alcohol is disingenuous and reeks of ignorance.

I sure wish a guru could actually give a thoughtful answer regarding this subject.

Maybe he’s referring to how the nature of experience can in most cases become a trap leaving one chasing experience. He might see indulging in the movement of psychological time as a type of revolving door if you will. A continuing of mechanical behavior therefore still time bound. 

I don’t know for sure as I haven’t read anything he has wrote other than a couple quotes. This just seems like valid standpoint he might have. 

By the way is he related to Terrence? 

Edited by Faceless

@SgtPepper Yeah. My guess is he is he’s talking about something he’s never done, or he tried them and fucked it up. I also struggle to believe he’s simply that ignorant about em.  

Or maybe he’s well experienced and a selfish zen devil.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

is marijuana a psychedelic? it's definitely a hallucinogen, for me anyway... 

I would love to try this whole 5-meo thing everyone seems so excited about, but I "lost my mind" two years ago  on LSA, and I can't do that to my husband again.... by the time it was ending and I was yelling out "I'm God! Oh my God... I'm God!"... he was calling my mother and had her all worried... yeah it was a mess. Was a very interesting experience though... 

6 hours ago, starsofclay said:

is marijuana a psychedelic? it's definitely a hallucinogen, for me anyway... 

I would love to try this whole 5-meo thing everyone seems so excited about, but I "lost my mind" two years ago  on LSA, and I can't do that to my husband again.... by the time it was ending and I was yelling out "I'm God! Oh my God... I'm God!"... he was calling my mother and had her all worried... yeah it was a mess. Was a very interesting experience though... 

When used correctly and respectfully it can be quite Enlightening. Although based on my experiences for a more "psychedelic high" is from herbs that are land-raised, wild and or organically grown and haven't been hybridized or modified by man. There seems to be some ancient roots and information with these original and natural strains compared to modern day junk. This is also noticed with mushrooms.

B R E A T H E

11 hours ago, Nahm said:

@abrakamowse Has anyone asked him what psychedelics he’s done? How it was? 

I didn't see anyone asking him about that? No idea about that, and I don't want to ask him hehehe... he will answer me with a stab on the back of my ego for sure Lol...

10 hours ago, Faceless said:

By the way is he related to Terrence? 

I don't think he is. Everybody says that he hides his real name. No one knows for sure who he is hehehe... crazy.

57 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

I don't think he is. Everybody says that he hides his real name. No one knows for sure who he is hehehe... crazy.

Sounds reasonable?

30 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Sounds reasonable?

I think he's a really interesting guy. I like what I have read on his books, but I didn't finish them. 

My mind is too chaotic, I am working on quieting it hehehe....

11 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

My mind is too chaotic, I am working on quieting it hehehe....

Intelligent action ‘insight’ is dependent on this??

Yes, I'm very curious about all the experiences other people have had, and I like to experience them for myself.

I've already tried 300mcg AL-LAD, but not much happened, compared to others on lower dosages. I think it might have been unpure.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

4 hours ago, Faceless said:

Intelligent action ‘insight’ is dependent on this??

I have to let it flow and just BE.

-_-