Truth Addict

Closed-mindedness=happiness=enlightenment?

14 posts in this topic

So, if all what I'm concerned about is what's here and now. Am I not being closed-minded to all the other possibilities out there, and therefore totally happy?

Any opinions? 

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict  Sounds to me like you're describing a mental state - one of only thinking about present things or just observing the present moment. Enlightenment is not a state of mind.

7 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

So, if all what I'm concerned about is what's here and now. Am I not being closed-minded to all the other possibilities out there, and therefore totally happy?

Any opinions? 

You might need to rephrase or try asking in a different way, because the only possibilities are here and now.  You can't act in the past, nor future, nor from any place other than where you are.  So what other possibilities are you talking about?

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

1 hour ago, Markus said:

@Truth Addict  Sounds to me like you're describing a mental state - one of only thinking about present things or just observing the present moment. Enlightenment is not a state of mind.

It's then the belief that all beliefs are not true? A strange loop?

40 minutes ago, eputkonen said:

You might need to rephrase or try asking in a different way, because the only possibilities are here and now.  You can't act in the past, nor future, nor from any place other than where you are.  So what other possibilities are you talking about?

That's exactly the closed-mindedness I'm talking about. There has to be some beliefs running in the back of the human mind, but when being enlightened, you shut down all the beliefs that you used to believe in before, like tomorrow's plans, work problems, etc..

See how limiting 'being in the now' can be. There is no future in the now. But there is a future in the future. Ignoring problems won't solve them, considering though that problems are relative.

@Truth Addict There are many problems with this claim. First of all, enlightenment ≠ happiness. Yesterday I found my life purpose, I was so happy I almost shed tears but I didn't get the true non-dual nature of my purpose.

This should be common sense but with closed-mindedness, you create a situation for yourself where your happiness is dependent on circumstances. This is what I call being emotionally metastable. There is nothing wrong with this state; if you can maintain it until the end of your life without any struggle, why go through the work to destroy your ignorance. The problem starts when the rubber meets the road - this can't be done so you go to a less metastable state until you finally arrive at liberation and the death of your ego.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

6 minutes ago, Torkys said:

@Truth Addict There are many problems with this claim. First of all, enlightenment ≠ happiness. Yesterday I found my life purpose, I was so happy I almost shed tears but I didn't get the true non-dual nature of my purpose.

This should be common sense but with closed-mindedness, you create a situation for yourself where your happiness is dependent on circumstances. This is what I call being emotionally metastable. There is nothing wrong with this state; if you can maintain it until the end of your life without any struggle, why go through the work to destroy your ignorance. The problem starts when the rubber meets the road - this can't be done so you go to a less metastable state until you finally arrive at liberation and the death of your ego.

bro, there is no "life purpose"

lets say i want to be a rapper, so i call that my "life purpose". So, i decided thats something i want to do for the rest of my life. But WAIT?!

If the next day, I no longer have the motivation, how is that my "life purpose"?

Bruh

57 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Enlightenment is liberation, literally being beyond life and death, beyond any distinction, beyond any experience and perception. And for simplicity's sake one can say the mechanism of arriving there is clearing out your blockages or karma until only sat-chit-ananda, which is the face of God, remains.

2 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

That's exactly the closed-mindedness I'm talking about. There has to be some beliefs running in the back of the human mind, but when being enlightened, you shut down all the beliefs that you used to believe in before, like tomorrow's plans, work problems, etc..

See how limiting 'being in the now' can be. There is no future in the now. But there is a future in the future. Ignoring problems won't solve them, considering though that problems are relative.

Tomorrow's plans still happen, so I am not sure what you are talking about.  But it is like hiking in the woods...you only need to look for your landmark in the distance from time to time to make sure you are on course...the rest of the time, you need to focus on the surroundings.  Otherwise, you could fall into a pit, trip over greenery, bump into a predator, or any number of things.   The focus is the here and now...otherwise it is just dangerous.   If you are instead dreaming about work problems or dreaming about the next vacation...you could hurt yourself because you are not fully aware of what is going on around you.

The future is only a thought...and most spend way too much time lost in thought.  Problems are self created imaginations (thought)...be it work or otherwise...so it is not shutting down anything, but accepting what is as it is and not viewing it as a problem.  You don't ignore the situation (what-is).

Also, you can hold a belief after enlightenment, but you are not fooled by it...and know it is simply a belief...a best guess...not the truth.  And if the truth is found and to be different from that belief, the enlightened easily let go of the false belief and accept the truth.  The enlightened don't bother fighting reality.

You call it close-minded...but really it is to be extremely open to allow what is to be as it is.

Your belief in what enlightenment is and what it means to be here and now is flawed.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

that's not practical.

in order to survive you have to use concepts. in theory you could sit and not act, not think and be blissed out enlightened but that's the same as being dead, life is not for that.

you could be generally happy being mindful of your use of concepts. concepts (or "future") are part of the present.

also enlightenment doesnt bring happiness, happiness is a thing the ego desires. happiness could be 99% achieved without enlightenment. I think happiness cant be achieved 100% because the ego wont let you be happy 100%, therefore you need to have no ego, but to not have no ego would mean happiness is the same as everything, therefore it's not achieved 100%.

also thinking in terms of eudaimonia is more effective i think.

3 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Thought psychologically has no place only in practical matters it does. If you are bombarded by thought of the future and past then when the prepetual dynamic movement of now comes you will not be present to it because thought has bounded itself in its own movement. Seeking security in the future or dwelling on the past. 

@eputkonenmakes perfect sense. I think perhaps you might be misunderstanding. But??‍♂️

Spirituality is not somthing you do. It is when all the bs and nonsense ceases in your life ?

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Spirituality is not somthing you do. It is when all the bs and nonsense ceases in your life ?

are you

WOKE

13 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Any opinions? 

All you have to do is see every falsity, what’s left is the truth.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

36 minutes ago, Ether said:

are you

WOKE

Haha ? 

All I can say is...

There is no limits set up by measure or time. There is no seeking, striving, or motivation to accomplish any objective in the direction to become psychologically secure. There is freedom from the desire for freedom. There is freedom from the desire to experience any type of experience. Headlessness is a daily affair. ‘I’ don’t do anything to get there, meaning I don’t use volition, will, or any movement of self ‘thought’ to get to the timeless state. This timelessness is only when the me ‘the known’ is not. 

So no “I” am not ‘WOKE’ ?

There is just a perpetual movement of awakened being.

Edited by Faceless