Paulus Amadeus

disproving absolute infintiy with thought experiment

13 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

So this is just to see what you might think of this. I am not saying in any way I understand anything about this thing called reality. But there just seem to be some weird things about this absolute infinity business if you think it through. here we go:

Objection:

Our world is much to predictable for it to be within absolute infinity. Let me explain. Absolute infinity means that everything that can exist, exists. That would mean that there is a dimension somewhere where everything has been going exactly the same way as here. The only difference is that in 5 seconds a yellow bird will appear in front of you and sing you a Beatles song. This reality has to exist, because we are in absolute infinity after all. And the chance that you are living in the reality with this bird appearing in 5 seconds should be the same as living in the dimension you are living in now. So why is there not much more unpredictable stuff  happening. because the chance of us living in exactly this reality and in five minutes all changing into pink dinosaurs should be the same as the chance of us living in this reality and it going on like we are used to. yet i'm pretty confident we wont be turning into pink dinasaurs. For us to live in such an incredibly predictable world would just be the most giant ongoing coincidence ever. Thus inprobable. 

And I fully recognise that our world is not logical and super weird etc. I'm just saying that the logic and the super weirdness is too predictable if you take in account that everything possible has to exist. Our exact reality should exist somewhere with the one difference that your mother turning into pamella anderson yesterday. 50/50 percent chance! why would this reality not be our reality!! there is no reason right

Replace bird materializing in front of you and singing a Beatles song to you (this happened to me the other day actually) with you buying 1000 lottery tickets and winning the jackpot on them all. Clearly, this is a possible outcome and therefore exists somewhere, somewhen. However it is not a 50/50 chance that this happens. It is far more likely (about 292,000,000^1,000 times more likely) that you do not win all 1,000 lotteries. This is such a stupidly large number, that one would not expect it to ever happen in our universe's existence (no problem for absolute infinity though). 

Similarly for the bird, and mothers turning into Pamela Anderson, and our faces replacing our butts and vice versa 

pqacn09yoxcz.png

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

@Paulus Amadeus If you look for infinity in illusion, it’s a thought experiment, and thus within the limits of thought. It is you which is infinite, not your illusion, so transcend the illusion and experience infinity directly. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I was not looking for infinity. And yes i get it, I need to experience it etc etc. 

@InfinitePotential you don't understand the reasoning behind my thought experiment. Please don't lecture me on that winning the lotery is not a 50/50 procent change, I get that. My ego is not ready for such abuse ;) 

Reality can be a mistaken concept. Reality can be ephemeral. Reality can evaporate. For instance; if I show you a depression that was once filled with water and known as Lake Kaputo, to you there is no reality of the lake, but to me the reality of the lake remains in my mind, filed.  Everything that exists has always been in existence in the mind of the creator of the Universe. Your reality is in your head, no one knows it.  LoL.

Edited by Nenesha

@Paulus Amadeus

1) The world is not nearly as rigid and predictable as you think. Take 2 tabs of LSD and see for yourself. Or just consider your dreams at night.

2) Infinity includes an infinite number of predictable worlds. There is nothing you can think which is not found inside Infinity. You are hallucinating a predictable world. Which is no stranger than hallucinating an unpredictable world.

3) Infinity is beyond all thought experiments. So all of this is just mental masturbation. Infinity is a brute fact. You cannot argue with what is. You can only become aware of it, or fail to do so. A brute fact does not hinge upon your thought experiments or reasons. Your mind is trying to make sense of God, and that will never work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Paulus Amadeus  Ok so you want an example for something impossible would like to happen in a world exactly like this world we live right now? Like a bird is singing beatles in front of you? Such stranges things happend to me every night when I travel to the astral world.

In the astral world you are in a reality exactly like this world. Everything looks the same ( I sometimes dont know if I am in astral world or real world). But suddenly out of nowere strange things happen. For example you are in your room and suddenly there are 100 green crystals materializing left to you, vibrating and disappear one after another. When this happens, I know where I am.

Ok you might say, astral world is not real. What about this world? I know somebody who have experienced such thinks you describe too often. This is normal stuff for him. He is not in astral world when he experience this, he is in this world. He even see more strange things like a bird singing beatles. He experience things materializing in this world which are too difficult to describe, which are not accessible through your 5 senses

I've also wondered this. This "infinity" seems to be very limited in terms of possibilities. Why we dont see pink elephants? Or green unicorns? There arent infinite possibilities, only the ones who are possibly allowed by the rules of the universe.

@Moreira did you read my post? I see pink elephants and green unicorns in astral realms. A friend of mine see these things in this world. Whats the difference? 

You dont see these because there is infinity so there must also exist a world where you dont see these creatures. Or as leo said, take some lsd, then there is a high possiblility that you will see these things too

2 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Moreira did you read my post? I see pink elephants and green unicorns in astral realms. A friend of mine see these things in this world. Whats the difference? 

You dont see these because there is infinity so there must also exist a world where you dont see these creatures. Or as leo said, take some lsd, then there is a high possiblility that you will see these things too

Pink elephants experienced in a dream or LSD, ayahuasca etc are subjective creations that dont and wont be percieved in the material world. MkKenna saw elves and strage forest creatures because he was into it. If we are in some alucinogen yes we can imagine infinite craeatures because in our mind there are no restrictions, we can even fly. But in the world we call physical reality things are created by another mind, more restricted and with laws.

The key phrase is "everything that CAN exist."

If you interpret that correctly, it means, as Leo said, an infinite number of PREDICTABLE (i.e. constrained) worlds.

It does NOT mean the constraints of any particular world are violated.

If a bird could sing a Beatles song in some world, it would be within the constraints of that world, so it would not be a weird occurence IN THAT WORLD.

Edited by Haumea

This is intrestingly just like the old science vs religion debate. Religion says that everything is too perfect to be chance, but science argues that it has to be this way because there are so many planets, etc.

On 4/5/2018 at 2:20 AM, Paulus Amadeus said:

@Leo Gura

Thus inprobable. 

which means technically possible. infinity is literally infinity so there are literally infinite "improbable" universes. think about this, there are INFINITE improbable universes so OF COURSE you are living in one them, the chances are 100%