Krishna Siva

Shifting my thoughts away from myself

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm facing this challenge right now, that my thoughts always go back to describing 'me', describing what's happening right now to 'me', how 'I' could develop, and so on. Not only that, It feels very satisfying to again and again introspect and analyze myself, rather than thinking about something else.

Even my interests are bending into the realm of self-inspection.

I would be happy if you guys can give some advice on this.

P.S. I do meditate for 20 minutes a day.

@Krishna Siva is there a reason you shouldn't be having an "i" thought or a "me" thought? Is this really a problem?

Memento Mori

I mean, all the energy I ever have to perform any kind of other activities ( like academics ) just lead back to the same thought process. 

And, that's definitely not helping me do better at school.

@Krishna Siva The character will appear and disappear. Just be aware.

Trying to control the character is part of the mind-body mechanism. The character is WITHIN who you truley are.

@Krishna Siva 20 minutes a day is enough to get you where you are. Do longer, deeper meditations, let the thoughts pass exactly like cars on the road, or waves on the water. A ‘space’, or separation develops from this allowing and it is a wonderful freedom. Eventually, you will not have thoughts in the way you do. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Krishna Siva It sounds like your awareness that everything you care about comes back to yourself is actually a sign of some progress. Plenty of people believe they care about their accomplishments, careers, others' opinions of them, etc. NOT out of care for themselves, when it does pretty much all stem from caring about themselves.

Nahm's idea of meditating more sounds good. I'd also just accept your reality. If your way of being is self-obsessed, just notice that and increase awareness. There's a perfectly good reason you're that way, and it doesn't make you a bad person. A shift in focus toward others should follow from this increasing awareness naturally.

It can surely be hard sometimes when a shift occurs because it removes the interest for other stuff and we start to question what we really really want. 

Stay strong and be mindful. All is well!